Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 10:58:41 PM EDT
So I was poking around looking at one of those sites about stupid laws, like "single women cannot skydive on saturdays" and so on and I came across this Gem that I am now trying to validate; simply for educational purposes of course.

Massachusetts:

All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday.

Ok, how the heck can I find out if this is still "on the books?"
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I was poking around looking at one of those sites about stupid laws, like "single women cannot skydive on saturdays" and so on and I came across this Gem that I am now trying to validate; simply for educational purposes of course.

Massachusetts:

Are you sure it's a?  Can it be plural?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Massachusetts:

www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/

Have fun!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Sub'd for further investigation.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Other site says it was repealed but not when.  A post on some motorcycle forum said it was just "a few years back."

Luckily this one is still on the books though..

Chapter 138: Section 33. Sales and delivery of alcoholic beverages on election days, Sundays and legal holidays

Section 33. (a) No licensee under section 15 shall sell or deliver alcoholic beverages, and no registered pharmacist acting under section 29 and no licensee under section 30A shall sell alcoholic beverages or alcohol without a physician’s prescription, during polling hours on any day on which a state or municipal election, caucus or primary is held in a city or town in which such licensed place is conducted; provided that these restrictions shall not apply if the local licensing authority issues an order to that effect applicable alike to all licensees of every class subject to such restrictions.

No drunken voting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top