Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:55:37 PM EDT
I worked a day shift today for OT.  I am usually on only nights.  I was working school patrol around 1400 for when school gets out.  I was sitting in the normal spot at the back of the high school parking lot and I observe a vehicle come from behind the school at a high rate or speed.  So I watch the vehicle and as it goes past me the driver, a 18 yoa male flips me off.  So i decide to follow the vehicle.  When we get to the stop sign, the driver stops then spins his tires as he leaves the stop sign.  Well i stop the car, and I get up to the window and my first question is what are you thinking.  You are driving fast, flip me off and spin your tires.  Well after talking with him I can smell the alcohol and realize he has been drinking.  Well long story short he takes auto shop class all day, and was drinking there all day b/c they had a sub teacher and the teacher just sat at the desk all day and all the kids did their thing.  Well i arrested him for OUI, he blew a .10.  Well I placed him in the front seat of my cruiser, so I got my dog out and the dog ended up hitting on a marijuana pipe.  So i charged him with that as well.  Well then the lovely boy decided he was going to spit all over the dash of my car.  Needless to say, I was not happy, its a brand new cruiser and its my personal car, he didnt make me happy.  

So I was wondering, what is the wierdes time of day you guys have had and OUI arrest and is there any other charges I can give the teacher?

Thanks
Be Safe
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a case where a highway patrolman stopped a lady for no seatbelt and a cracked windshield.  Turned out she had a suspended license so he arrested her.  During this time he notices the smell of alcohol and the red, watery eyes.  He performs FST's and she barely flunks.  So he makes her blow and she turns up as over .20.

This was at 1030 on a Wednesday morning.  She took me to trial on that one too.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I was working a morning shift and stopped an 18 year old about 8:30. He had a very strong odor of liquor. He was arrested after FSTs and blew .185 on the machine. He had been to his senior graduation party the night before. He got home around 4 a.m., he thought. His mom found him passed out on the couch and sent him off to work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a home in Panama, and I spend alot of time there in the winter. Anyway I was out with a Panamanian girl for lunch. I had a beer then our pizza came, I had a pepsi, and then after we ate I had another beer. Well she wanted to go right away. I said I just got my beer. She said take it with you, so I did. I walked outside and there were four cops right by my car. I walked up to my car, and one of them stops me, and hands me a plastic cup to pour my beer in so they don't have any broken glass on the street. I smiled and handed him the bottle, he opens my door I climb in, and he says have a nice day as I drive away. She tells me that they do not punish you for driving while drinking, BUT if you get into an accident while drunk, you are in trouble. She said one guy killed another man while drunk, and he got 20 years hard labor. They are very strick that way. I don't know if what she said is true, but I NEVER drive after two beers, and the police never both you about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I've gotten 4-5 people in the mornings. Usually they just drank all night but one guy was a functioning drunk and lived his life at a .15.  Thank god for HGN cuz he was rock solid on the other SFST's.

For the substitute, I would say that if he had no direct knowledge of the drinking there is not much you can do criminially. I would definately have a chat with the principal though.

Good job!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I am at the PD right now and I am working another day shift.  I just got back from talking with the principal.  Of course he already heard about, b/c i live / work in a small town and rumors fly like no other.  But we talked and well that will be the last time that guy subs at this school ever again.  The principal was not happy at all.

Be Safe
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well I placed him in the front seat of my cruiser<snip>

then the lovely boy decided he was going to spit all over the dash of my car.  Needless to say, I was not happy, its a brand new cruiser and its my personal car, he didnt make me happy

Just a little MMQB (OK, I know it's actually Thursday ), but why'd you put a perp who had already displayed his degree of respect for you so adequately in the front seat, despite his age?

Please tell me you have a cage/shield...

Just askin'.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#8]
i think he said he has a k9.... but it wouldn't bother me any personally for him to sit back there with the dog
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

then the lovely boy decided he was going to spit all over the dash of my car.  Needless to say, I was not happy, its a brand new cruiser and its my personal car, he didnt make me happy

Just a little MMQB (OK, I know it's actually Thursday ), but why'd you put a perp who had already displayed his degree of respect for you so adequately in the front seat, despite his age?

Just askin'.

I have a personal car, I am a k-9 officer, so the k-9 cage is in the back.  And yes i know i hate transporting in the front, but i was the only officer working, so I had no other options.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Not all agencies have cages.  My agency is one in particular that does not use cages.  If we need a caged car we call a city or county car for transport.  Just another good example of why the bitch slap was invented.  The only cars in our department who have cages are the members of the major crash investigation unit because of all the gear they have (although they are now being issued trucks with camper shells).  

I was working around 0630 one day.  The county 911 center gave out a complaint of a woman who stopped at a gas station.  The woman was drunk and driving C&I.  A city officer found her stopped at the city hotel.  When asked for her license she provided a spouse ID card for my organization.   She had been traveling west.  She thought she was going east, the place she wanted to go was 2 hours north of us.  SFST's weren't performed for her safety, she could barely stand.  She checked a .244% at around 0720.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Leo - just saw the part about you being a barkyboy. Sorry.

(Not about the dog, about my lack of observation)

My city made the one of the Tac Edge/Street Survival "anectdotes of shame" when one of our officers in a marked unit picked up a "victim" many winters ago who claimed to have been in an MVA, and sat him in the back while he went up to investigate (don't remember of he was cuffed or not, but the next happened anyway). Perp jumped the uncaged seat and took off in the squad, eventully pried the shotty lose from the mount and pulled over some John Doe Driver out on the tollway minding his own business.

<shlack - schlack> BAM

Dumped Doe on the side of the road and took off in his car.

Was eventually stopped in IN (IIRC) by INSP at a roadblock.

The City miraculously found the $$ for cages. Too bad about Mr. Doe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i think he said he has a k9.... but it wouldn't bother me any personally for him to sit back there with the dog

Im a meter reader. Ive fought a 100 dogs. i havent always won, ive been bit 4 times. Anytime i see a cop car in the driveway i damn sure knock on the door to make sure the dog is not out, and please dont let him out on me Those dogs scare the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just askin'.

I have a personal car, I am a k-9 officer, so the k-9 cage is in the back.  And yes i know i hate transporting in the front, but i was the only officer working, so I had no other options.

K9 front seat, badguy in the dog house....pun intended
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Shoulda thrown him in the trunk and taken a ride through a field or some other obstacle course.

Not a LEO, so I have no personal war stories, but this is a university town, so I'm not surprised when I see [on the news] a minor or 21-25y-o gets pinched at 8am, 10am on a weekday.

They did get a road-rager about a month ago after he rammed 5-6 cars over a period of 30mins, from one end of town to the other.  IIRC, he blew fairly high, too.

ETA: We've also had more than a few cases, since I've been here, of drunk frat boys driving into people's houses.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:42:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not all agencies have cages.  My agency is one in particular that does not use cages.  If we need a caged car we call a city or county car for transport.  Just another good example of why the bitch slap was invented.  The only cars in our department who have cages are the members of the major crash investigation unit because of all the gear they have (although they are now being issued trucks with camper shells).  

I was working around 0630 one day.  The county 911 center gave out a complaint of a woman who stopped at a gas station.  The woman was drunk and driving C&I.  A city officer found her stopped at the city hotel.  When asked for her license she provided a spouse ID card for my organization.   She had been traveling west.  She thought she was going east, the place she wanted to go was 2 hours north of us.  SFST's weren't performed for her safety, she could barely stand.  She checked a .244% at around 0720.  

<grimace> </grimace>

Use those for speeding 5mph over, not for being a WMD on wheels.

ETA: Prolly a good thing I'm not a LEO...... I'd have tried to get her to do that "step-ball-change" stuff from Reno 911.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a lady that had wrecked her car in to a guard rail.  The car cought fire and she got out leaving her 3 year old son in the back seat.  ( the only reason he got out was the retired Marine following the lady down the ramp pulling him out).  I gave her the FST and did misrable.  She started insulting everyone from me to the fire fighters to the tow truck driver.  We dident have an intoxilizer so we used the neighboring towns   Their Sgt. who was gona administer the test met us at the sally port and let us in.  The lady proceds to call me a redneck little boy who cant read ( we use a script for the FST and the copy i had was a bit light so i had to squint a few times to read it)  and had nothing better to do then bug her cuz her car burts in to flames.  I ignore her and continue to work on the paperwork.  She then starts in to the Sgt. ( 6'5" bald as Mr. Clean) calling him a Nazi JBT.  He looks her right in the eye and says " IM JEWISH".  That shut her up.  She ended up refusing ot blow and last I heard she failed to show for court.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Our dispatch recieved four calls in as many mintues of a lady driving erractically.  It was about nine in the morning.  I located the vehicle coming around the a corner in the wrong lane. After it almost crashed into me, I turned on it and ended up in a pursuit.  The women pulled into her driveway, bailed out of the moving car and sprinted for the house.  I tackeled her in the yard and cuffed her.  I sat her up and and she looks me in the eye and says; "It's obvious I'm fucking hammered, but could you please put my beer in the fridge." Needless too say she was arrested and blew a .26.  Turned out she had been arrested three times in one month.  You have to love the bail system.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Our dispatch recieved four calls in as many mintues of a lady driving erractically.  It was about nine in the morning.  I located the vehicle coming around the a corner in the wrong lane. After it almost crashed into me, I turned on it and ended up in a pursuit.  The women pulled into her driveway, bailed out of the moving car and sprinted for the house.  I tackeled her in the yard and cuffed her.  I sat her up and and she looks me in the eye and says; "It's obvious I'm fucking hammered, but could you please put my beer in the fridge." Needless too say she was arrested and blew a .26.  Turned out she had been arrested three times in one month.  You have to love the bail system.

Damn sounds like our lovely system.  That is a pretty good quote though, I like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top