BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:03:20 PM EDT
Website labels opponents racists
By Tyler B. Reed
Daily News Staff
January 12, 2006
www.metrowestdailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=119091&format=&page=2
FRAMINGHAM -- Three local anti-illegal immigration activists cried foul yesterday after being pegged as "racists" and "domestic terrorists" on a Web site sponsored by the League of United Latin American Citizens.

The site -- www.weareracist.com -- shows photos of three Framingham residents during a peaceful, downtown demonstration Saturday that pitted opponents of illegal immigration on one side of the street against immigrant supporters on the other. The names of the three residents were not published with the photos.

Town Meeting member Mal Schulze, who is pictured wearing a U.S. Border Patrol cap, said he is no racist and has merely spoken out his belief that illegal immigrants should be considered criminals.

"Am I against illegal immigration? You bet your bottom dollar I am," he said. "The only thing that troubles me and bothers me are the words that LULAC uses on there. Why are people calling me a racist?"

The other two people pictured on the site are Board of Selectmen candidate Jim Rizoli and Town Meeting member William LaBarge. A fourth man labeled on the site as from Framingham is actually from Ware, Rizoli said.

Rizoli yesterday said LULAC is "absolutely insane" to call him a racist. "We’re called everything under the sun, but you get used to it," he said. "We’re not the problem. They’re the problem. They’re the lawbreakers. We’re calling for the enforcement of immigration laws."

The Web site’s domain name, weareracist.com, was registered on Dec. 13, 2005, to LULAC, Herndon, Va. A second domain, weareracists.com, was registered a day later by Jorge Trasmonte, who is LULAC’s technology director.

Gabriela Lemus, the director of policy and legislation for LULAC, did not return calls for comment yesterday.

Cesar Monzon, a local Latino activist who served as a national vice president of LULAC in the 1990s, said he is aware of the Web site, but had no involvement with it.

"I guess when you decide to take a public stand on something, people could look at it in a different way," Monzon said when asked his feelings about the characterization of Rizoli, Schulze and LaBarge as racists. "If you are part of the group, don’t be surprised if your picture shows up on the national Web site."

Schulze said he first learned about the site over the weekend from Monzon, who is a School Committee member. He said Monzon mentioned it to him when they saw each other at lunchtime at the Columbus Club.

Schulze said he supported Monzon when he ran for School Committee and considered him a friend. "When Cesar Monzon thinks that that’s funny, well then maybe my friendship has deceased," he said. "I wouldn’t waste my time picking up the phone and talking to him."

LaBarge said he sent an e-mail to Monzon and Laura Medrano of Framingham, president of LULAC’s Northeast chapter, saying he would work to discredit LULAC as long as his picture was on the Web site. "I also said that I would hold the group responsible if any criminal act is taken against me or my property," LaBarge said.

In his e-mail reply, provided to the Daily News by LaBarge, Monzon told LaBarge not to send messages to his private e-mail address again. And he wrote, "Any further communication on your part will constitute harassment and appropriate authorities will be notified."
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
'This is quite strange' BTT

www.weareracist.com/
Due to the threats of violence we have received from the
anti-immigrant movement who refuse to
reveal their identity,
we are disabling this site!

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
lulac doesn't have a whole lot of credibility with me
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
One day, this whole illegal immigration thing is gonna boil over.

Notice how long it's taken since the Pres election to get anything rolling?  They're doing it for no other reason than to bolster the Party.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Rizoli yesterday said LULAC is "absolutely insane" to call him a racist. "We’re called everything under the sun, but you get used to it," he said.
We’re not the problem. They’re the problem. They’re the lawbreakers. We’re calling for the enforcement of immigration laws."

What gets me is the refusal to enforce the rule of law against illegals

Citizens that own guns are not given the same leeway........are they?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We are to blame.

We have ALLOWED our elected officials do this.

And frankly, they will continue.  A bunch of people are screaming, but not enough.

It is simply them saying, 'Do as I say, not as I do'
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are to blame.

We have ALLOWED our elected officials do this.

And frankly, they will continue.  A bunch of people are screaming, but not enough.

It is simply them saying, 'Do as I say, not as I do'

I wonder if the Citizens will revolt, or if the Law will suddenly decide to deal with the problem
or if the illegals will continue to drag down this country and send our money to mexico......
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What race is illegal immigrant?  Seems to me the racist are the ones that presume when someone gets tough on illegal immigration that equals a crack down on those from the hispanic culture or countrys of origin.

Illegal immigrants can come from any of the three races and countless ethnicities and countries of origin.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Most of them ARE hispanic, about 2Million crossed illegally last year
Another 140,000 m easterners from countries with active terror bases (SIAs)
and I don't have any idea how many Asians, but their group is growning
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top