Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/17/2017 2:37:56 PM EDT
Been wanting one for a while, seems like the prices have dropped a bit since the Gen 2's came out. My local HD has these two left, should I grab one or are the Gen 2's much better? Any advice would be great

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

EDIT-After reading through the post and looking at the grills. These are the enamel versions inside NOT STAINLESS! Still good to go???
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the one in the second picture in stainless and it has been great for the last 4 years. I love it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the copper one with sear burner and side burner, best grill I have owned.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have the money then yes, I have one that's around 14-15 years old and it's a workhorse. I use that thing almost every night in the summer and once or twice a week in the winter. Parts are all easily replaceable as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Great price, buy it!   We've had a 310 for the last 5 years, best grill I ever bought.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Genesis going on 12+ years. Replaced the flavoizer bars twice (Amazon). Good basic BBQ that lasts. Lovers and Haters will chime in.

ETA: what is that 84 and 99 dollar sign for? warrantee...hard to read, don't buy that on this grill.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a weber performer and its a beast. The best part about owning one in my opinion is the accessibility of replacement parts, although you don't need them very often. Also, tons of accessories.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I would only FO on the all stainless model
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Do it
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]

You had better Fo, and Fo, like you have never Fo'ed before.

That is a great price on what is probably the best Gas grill ever made.

Ours is Identical to the first pic.
It gets used 3-4 times a week in winter, and almost daily spring through Fall, and has for the last 7 years.
I added a smoke pot to it(Holler if you want a couple), so I don't have to fuss with the Wood fired grill when I'm in a hurry.
It's more controllable than our friggin computer managed, dual fuel, state of the art oven.
I have cooked Thanksgiving Turkeys, Prime Rib, Pizza, and have baked a couple cakes on the thing as a dare.
I love the damn thing as much as my favorite rifle....well...almost.

The only wear so far is the burner deflectors are getting thin, and the cast Iron grates are getting thin.
I don't clean the thing, or maintain it like I should. It gets a spring and fall cleaning and that's it.

Every other Gas grill we have had(Coleman, Aussie, Char-broil) burned out, or just constantly needed parts replaced, by 1-2 years of use, and the replacement parts were just as shitty as the originals.

FO!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Genesis going on 12+ years. Replaced the flavoizer bars twice (Amazon). Good basic BBQ that lasts. Lovers and Haters will chime in.

ETA: what is that 84 and 99 dollar sign for? warrantee...hard to read, don't buy that on this grill.
View Quote

Looks like monthly payments.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Weber kettle FTW. Real grills burn charcoal.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the extra cash for the 330 worth it???
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a copper 310.  I'd grab one of those fore sure.  The Gen II's dont have an enclosure at the bottom, and would be more expensive.  fo fo fo
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
If you FO buy a Texas Grill cover on Amazon
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Most people I have heard say they almost never use the sear station.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have the one in the second picture in stainless and it has been great for the last 4 years. I love it.
View Quote

Me too
Great quality and worth every penny
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought an S-330 last spring ($1000?), and a green mountain late summer. Used the Weber 1 time since I got the pellet grill.

I like my Weber still, it's NG and I've got a tap right on my back patio, so it's convenient. The sear works great, a lot easier to keep clean than my old Weber.

At that price fo on the 330
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have the copper one with sear burner and side burner, best grill I have owned.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought cheap grills for years that lasted 3 years before leaving it fir the garbage man. But a Genesis, take care of it, and get 10+ years out of it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the first one in the pic. It works great. Would recommend.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought the smallest, cheapest Weber Genesis when we bought our first house 15 years ago.  I'm still using the same grill today.  I've replaced the burners, igniter, and flavorizer bars a handful of times.  Did a major clean-up (powerwash, respray the side pieces were the enamel was flaking) a couple of years ago.  I have no doubt that it will still be working 15 years from now.  One of the best purchases that I have ever made.

I have neighbors that buy a new Rustomatic grill every couple of years because they don't want to "spend that much" on a Weber.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I got the bottom one (E330 copper) a few weeks ago at HD for the same price.  It's freaking awesome.  I have no regurts.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought the Copper 330 2 weeks ago on closeout as well. I was going to wait and buy the next generation but I hate that they aren't enclosed at the bottom unless you spring for the big boys.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Most people I have heard say they almost never use the sear station.
View Quote

I use mine every time I grill a steak.

Yes, OP.  Buy one.  They are awesome grills.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Mother fucker, no one around here has any.

My buddy bought the last S330 homo depot had and they charged $799.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought the big brother, the Summit, in stainless, in natural gas several years ago.   it has been a tank.

Some thoughts:

If you have natural gas at your house, put in a quick connect and convert your grill to NG.  
Not having to haul or change bottles, and not running out in the middle, is the absolute tits!

Weber stuff is built as rugged as a crowbar.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same...and same.

So yes, if you want to be like me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the copper colored Genesis. I bought it after my old Weber Silver B collapsed after 15 years of hard use. The Silver B was similar to the current Spirit.

I recommend getting the Spirit over the Genesis. The larger size of the Genesis causes more problems than it solves. The Silver B was much easier to maintain consistent heat with, particularly low heat, than the Genesis. I could do a good imitation of a smoker with my Silver B. The Genesis can't handle that. I'm guessing the Spirit behaves like the Silver B.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is the extra cash for the 330 worth it???
View Quote

Yes. It has stainless grills and flavorizers.  I don't like cast iron grates.  That's an awesome price if it's a real 330. Check the grates and internals. Should all be stainless.  They're normally around 1000. I hope it's not a big box lower version.

The real 330 is normally sold at high end grill shops or ones authorized to carry that line. I don't own one but after tons of research that's what I was going to get.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes. They're good gas grills.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a 14 year old Charbroil, I rebuilt it once(grates and burners).  Time for a new one.  Will the Weber be that much better?  Last much longer?  I don't know I am asking...
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Why can't you store an extra bottle of propane under these high dollar grills. I don't want to keep a spare bottle elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a 14 year old Charbroil, I rebuilt it once(grates and burners).  Time for a new one.  Will the Weber be that much better?  Last much longer?  I don't know I am asking...
View Quote

Mine is ~5 years old.  Lives out side.  Lived under a pine tree for a few years of that  life.

0 issues at all. 0 rust on it so far.  And I'm in North Eastern Ohio.  It sees sun, wind, rain, snow, ice, etc.  

All the internals once cleaned up and the like look fine.   The heat deflectors are the only thing that are rusty, but I think I can probably get a minimum of another 5 years out of them, if not more since I don't use it as much.  (Recently turned single + I have two big green eggs.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#35]
HD has the stainless 330 for $750 right now delivered to your door.  I just got mine yesterday, can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Mine is ~5 years old.  Lives out side.  Lived under a pine tree for a few years of that  life.

0 issues at all. 0 rust on it so far.  And I'm in North Eastern Ohio.  It sees sun, wind, rain, snow, ice, etc.  

All the internals once cleaned up and the like look fine.   The heat deflectors are the only thing that are rusty, but I think I can probably get a minimum of another 5 years out of them, if not more since I don't use it as much.  (Recently turned single + I have two big green eggs.)
View Quote
Assuming you have a Weber?  

I have the cash, I just have a hard time justifying spending an extra 3-4 hundo on something that doesn't last any longer than my Charbroil did.  It lives outside, uncovered on the edge of my covered patio.  It has faired well.  But I am willing to buy Weber, if somebody can lay out a case of better than 14 years with one rebuild.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I've been only buying the shitty $99 Home Depot ones. They don't last very long.

This spring I plan on getting a nice gas grill like the one in the OP. Is there any special care to keeping these outside with no covering? I live in 4 seasons and I don't have anything to put the grill under. The $99 grills all rust out and crack. I am hoping the higher end grill can withstand all the crazy weather.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've been only buying the shitty $99 Home Depot ones. They don't last very long.

This spring I plan on getting a nice gas grill like the one in the OP. Is there any special care to keeping these outside with no covering? I live in 4 seasons and I don't have anything to put the grill under. The $99 grills all rust out and crack. I am hoping the higher end grill can withstand all the crazy weather.
View Quote

Keep the drain pan empty.
Turn on all burners high for 10 minutes after cooking and it cleans itself.
Keep covered.
Change gas.

That's all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Weber is the only way to go...
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I have the first one. 10 years old and no problems. Get a grill cover!
Worth every $
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Assuming you have a Weber?  

I have the cash, I just have a hard time justifying spending an extra 3-4 hundo on something that doesn't last any longer than my Charbroil did.  It lives outside, uncovered on the edge of my covered patio.  It has faired well.  But I am willing to buy Weber, if somebody can lay out a case of better than 14 years with one rebuild.  
View Quote

Yes. Picture of my Genesis is above.

I don't see why a Genesis wouldn't last 15-20+ years really. They're built that well.

For reference I'm talking about the Gen 1 models. Not the gen 2.

Hell, most parts are warrantied for 10 years or so.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Weber is the only way to go...
View Quote
That is a cool saying.

I have the cash, and I am willing.  But I buy function and not a name.  Can you please lay a case out for me to buy the Weber?  I have never owned a Weber, see above for my Charbroil experience.  I been married 24 years, owned 2 grills in that time, ready for a 3rd.  Use them regular, not like I never use them.  They see plenty of use.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I got myself an all stainless with the side burner last summer. Money well spent, but people will look at you like for spending $1000 on something nice.

Edit. GD, that's a good price on the 330.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#44]
DO ITTTT!!!!

I love mine!  Cooks so evenly, no hot or cold spots.  Lid is heavy as heck and hold the heat in well.  I got the copper color.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I got my S-330 all stainless on clearance for $599 two years ago

Do it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes. Picture of my Genesis is above.

I don't see why a Genesis wouldn't last 15-20+ years really. They're built that well.

For reference I'm talking about the Gen 1 models. Not the gen 2.

Hell, most parts are warrantied for 10 years or so.
View Quote
Appreciate that input.  Hope to hear from others too.  Hope this isn't a hijack of OP.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Back in 2000 my Snap on tool dealer gifted me a brand new Snap on branded Genisis Silver grill.. Still going strong, I did have to replace the regulator though about 5 years ago....
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

X2  Do it!

Sear burner is worth it's weight in gold!  Crank the left 3 burners up on max, let grill get at it's hottest and slap a couple of 1" Ribeyes on for 3 min. a side.  Don't get much better than this!

Valentines dinner. Ribeye and lobster tail
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#49]
That's less than $100 more than I paid for my high-quality grill over ten years ago.  I vote FO.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#50]
OP, do it and do it now! You won't find another grill that touches it for that price. I would opt for the 330, it is nice to have if you are reverse searing and I've used the side burner numerous times. That grill will last you at least a decade if not longer.

You messed up if it's not already in your vehicle. Get back there ASAP!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top