Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 1:42:05 PM EDT

Implement a changable spreadsheet into a web page.  Can it be done?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Java and how do I learn you java? You may also be able to post it for download. What do you mean by " changable "? Changable by you or users
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Java and how do I learn you java? You may also be able to post it for download. What do you mean by " changable "? Changable by you or users

Changable by anyone.  I guess what I'd like is, a spreadsheet implemented into some web page such that when I bring it up, I can enter in values, save the work, close the window, and bring it up later to make additional changes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Changable by anyone.  I guess what I'd like is, a spreadsheet implemented into some web page such that when I bring it up, I can enter in values, save the work, close the window, and bring it up later to make additional changes.

That would take a lot of space on the sever for eveyone to make a spreadsheet. I would make an excel template and then let people upload it to their computer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would take a lot of space on the sever for eveyone to make a spreadsheet. I would make an excel template and then let people upload it to their computer.

No no.  Ok, let me tell you what I want to do.  I keep my checkbook in a spreadsheet.  Since I am rarely at home, I want to find a way to bring up a web page on my web site that has a spreadsheet built into it so I can keep up with my expenses anywhere that I have internet access.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Your best bet is to use something like gotomypc, find it here and try it free.
It allows you to access your files remotely and securely (as relative as digital security is these days)

www.komando.com/

Gotomypc is a sponsor on her site, just click to sponsor on the right, can't miss it.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I keep my checkbook in a spreadsheet.

I keep my checkbook in the console of my pickup. Just enter the checks in the register and balance the thing when you get home. It looks like you're creating a solution in search of a problem. No flame intended, just trying to point out a simpler solution.

Another thing you could do is just email yourself the spreadsheet back and forth. Could be what you're doing now, and I'm sure you have discovered the inherent problem with that.

What you really need is an online check register hosted by your bank.

ETA: "Check" this out: (Get it, "check"? I kill me.)
Checkbook Register Online
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I keep my checkbook in a spreadsheet.

I keep my checkbook in the console of my pickup. Just enter the checks in the register and balance the thing when you get home. It looks like you're creating a solution in search of a problem. No flame intended, just trying to point out a simpler solution.

Another thing you could do is just email yourself the spreadsheet back and forth. Could be what you're doing now, and I'm sure you have discovered the inherent problem with that.

What you really need is an online check register hosted by your bank.

ETA: "Check" this out: (Get it, "check"? I kill me.)
Checkbook Register Online

Holy crap!  That's awesome - thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top