Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 9:29:45 AM EDT
Are any of you using a hosting service for a personal or business web-site?  Would you recommend one?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.accufind.com/
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
http://www.accufind.com/

Looks good AND 10 dollars less per month than others I've seen.  Would you happen to know if it has adequate bandwidth for a small business site?  My experience there is limited.  I'd like to know if people will have plenty of access to the site at 2,000 mb.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#3]
www.ipowerweb.com
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I work for a large web hosting company(Interland), that being said there a lot of decent companies out there.  It really depends most on what you are looking for and what kind of computer knowledge you have.  Start Logic out of Texas has some really good prices on their VPS systems, the catch is you need to be pretty experienced in Unix for it to be worth your while.   We as well as others offer a starter type package that has a sitebuilder interface that does most of the work for you.  Without knowing what you are wanting to do, I can't be more specific.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I work for a large web hosting company(Interland), that being said there a lot of decent companies out there.  It really depends most on what you are looking for and what kind of computer knowledge you have.  Start Logic out of Texas has some really good prices on their VPS systems, the catch is you need to be pretty experienced in Unix for it to be worth your while.   We as well as others offer a starter type package that has a sitebuilder interface that does most of the work for you.  Without knowing what you are wanting to do, I can't be more specific.

I can design pages and only want a simple site (sans javascript, etc.) for a small, regional magazine.  I want a few e-mail accounts (5 is enough), plenty of storage space, and enough access where people won't get stalled on the site.   This for REALLY cheap, but REALLY dependable, too.  Thanks for your suggestions.  No Unix expert here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a good place to find lots of different providers based on Criteria that you select:

www.findmyhosting.com/
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is a good place to find lots of different providers based on Criteria that you select:

www.findmyhosting.com/

Thanks for everyone who has responded and been so helpful.  I'll probably sign up for service tomorrow.  It can be a real maze trying to determine which service is "for real" with so many out there.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.ipowerweb.com

I'm thinking about signing up with ipowerweb.com.  Can you tell me anything about your experience with them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top