Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 10:35:20 AM EDT
300 some reported cases of crime against Muslims and South Asians in America.  We need to start pulling our heads out of our asses.  If any of us lived where they did we would be trying to get here as well.   This every Arab is the enemy crap has to end.........
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
If we're hating "all the arabs", or even anyone of Islamic religion, then we're no better than we were with the Japanese-Americans in the 1940's.  If you're gonna hate raggies, hate the ones with AK-47's pointed at American troops...otherwise, stop the crap.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Plus being an ass and harrassing these people merely takes away time that law enforcement agencies could be using to hunt down real terrorists and their supporters. Very counter-productive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the one where the guy burned down his own gas station for the insurance, blaming it on crazy americans, and diverting NY emergency personel from helping with the disaster area. Thankfully he was found out after careful questioning and will now be prosecuted. If it's not someone committing violence, then it's someone fabricating it. Sad
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Plus being an ass and harrassing these people merely takes away time that law enforcement agencies could be using to hunt down real terrorists and their supporters. Very counter-productive.
View Quote

That's exactly why I didn't report the threats I received.  I'll take care of me and mine so Law Enforcement can maximize their resources to get these bastards (the terrorists).

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys, I think it sucks that htis is going as much as the rest of you, but in reality, you can not whip the country up into a killing frenzy, ready them for war with a people, demonize those people then expect to sit back and everyone to think nicely of people of that ethnic heritage.

Just goes against common sense and the human condition.

Dislike it, but understand it for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I've also heard reports of people of Indian origin being assaulted.I've got some really good friends from Trinidad,they are as much and more patriotic than most American born citizens.Don't just verbaly condemn the un- educated F@#$%ing Morons that are victimizing the IMMIGRATED AMERICANS.Use force if the situation calls for it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010917/us/attacks_arizona_3.html[/url]

These idiots can't even kill the right people. This guy was a Sikh, and they are a fairly peaceful bunch.

edited to fix link
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Those Americans committing violence against fellow Americans or against innocent individuals of other nationalities are the dupes of bin Laden and whatever other terrorists planned this attack. This is exactly the type of outcome they would have wished for, and those who cannot differentiate between the guilty and the foreign are giving it to them.

THEY want us to be disunified. THEY want us to not trust our neighbors. THEY want us to be paranoid. THEY want our society to be racked with additional violence, at no further cost to them. THEY want us to abandon the very principles that made our our nation great in the first place.

Anyone who tramples on the protections guaranteed to us by our Bill of Rights and casts aside the rule of law by committing vigilante violence against another is helping the terrorists, even if the victim of it happened by freak chance to be one of the guilty.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes! There are plenty of people to hate... OVER there. I really feel sorry for a lot of the innocent Non-Muslim Arabs in this country.

Most of tenants in my apartment complex are of Armenian descent. They are not Muslims. But most of them look very Middle Eastern, and speak in a dialect that sounds Arabic. Having been a Christian in a Muslim world is one of the major reasons that they are here in America. They were systematically targeted for extermination by the Islamic Turks late in the 19th century in what referred to as the first modern day genocide. Most Americans have never heard about this genocide, and it seems that with the bombing of the WTC, some could care less if they are Christian or not. An Arab is just an Arab. I have already heard a few reports of some local Armenians being cursed at and threatened. The ignorance and stupidity of some Americans is amazing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I know an Italian guy that used to be at the place I worked at. If he didn't shave for 2 days he looked just like one of those movie terrorists. The last time I saw him, he had a full beard and really looked middle eastern.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#12]
One of my guys wife got stared at by surley folks the other day. She is Italian, and active duty Air Force!
It is only going to get worse as future attacks happen. It is an unfortunate part of human nature.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[url]dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010917/us/attacks_arizona_3.html[/url]

These idiots can't even kill the right people. This guy was a Sikh, and they are a fairly peaceful bunch.

edited to fix link
View Quote

He didn't get a chance to draw his knife?

Don't Sikh's carry small curved knives on them?
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Sikhs are the warrior caste of India.  Among other things they are famous for secreting knives on their persons.  Like wraped into a turban etc.  Historically they are trained fighters.  My father had a Sikh bodyguard in China/Burma/India during War2 and was presented with his kirkris when he left India.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
And do y'all think an American living in several of those countries over there would be in warm welcome arms?
Think about it. If you were American, Canadian or British and living over there you would have enough sense to get the Hell out of there until this is over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top