Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 2:24:35 PM EDT
We need to go after Greta Van Susteren over the Clinton interview. Her knowledge on gun laws was BS. This is a copy of the e-mail I sent. I encourage everyone do e-mail or call.

I saw the interview with Mrs. Clinton, and I was amazed how poorly Mrs. Van Susteren was prepared for the interview. To begin, the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban had nothing to do with fully automatic weapons, only semi-automatic weapons. Fully automatic weapons or machine guns are controlled under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Then in 1986 a ban was enacted which made it illegal to sell machine guns made after May of 1986 to civilians. What the Clinton ban of 1994 did was make it illegal to sell clip fed semi-automatic firearms that had two or more of the following; a flash suppressor, a bayonet lug, or a protruding pistol grip. So all the gun manufacturers did was to remove the flash suppressor and bayonet lug and kept selling the guns. I even own a semi-automatic rifle that was built in October of 2002. Instead of a true flash suppressor, it has an ATF approved fake suppressor. If you would like some photos, let me know.

As for Mexico, the guns that are traced back to the US represent a small number of the total weapons retrieved by the Mexican government. I can’t tell you how many times I have see photos of weapons confiscated by the Mexican government that showed hand grenades, grenade launchers, and RPG’s. These are all items that you cannot buy in the US. But, they still claim the guns came from here. There was an LA Times (March 15, 2009) stating how the drug cartels were getting military weapons from Central America. The Mexican government is picking which serial numbers to release to make it look like the US is supplying the weapons. It is a great way for them to scapegoat us for their problems and at the same time asks the US Government for more money.

I can’t believe that this interview was done so poorly. I would have expected something like this from MSNBC who are clearly pro Democrat and anti-gun. It just makes me wonder if there are still reporters in this country who do their job properly.

Thank you,

Her e-mail address is 'ontherecord@foxnews.com' We can't let this crap continue.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:40:07 PM EDT
Instead of going after her, we need to inform the public the truth behind guns. A series of ad campaigns and commercials would be excellent. Short and sweet facts and statistics that everyday people can understand.

But yeah, she's still a moron in my book.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 8:50:19 PM EDT by CELTICWARRIOR67]
i wrote her a... well, educating email. she'll prob just discard it though. here it is:

Dear Mrs. Van Susteren,

I was surprised and appalled at your recent interview with Secretary of Sate Hillary Clinton recently. Your first mistake was not doing your research on the topic prior to the interview, and your second was allowing her to push her gun ban agenda which already striped Americans of their rights about 15 years ago. Any educated person should know that automatic weapons were outlawed in 1934 and can only be owned with registrations, taxes, and restrictions. furthermore there was another law in the 80's (i think '84) that made it illegal to own ANY automatic weapon made after that date. Then you let Mrs. Clinton push more of her lies about guns, laws, and law enforcement. Her statement that we should outlaw something because another country has it outlawed is just ridiculous. This statement seeks to undermine our country's sovereignty and its sole purpose is to strip us of rights which our founders sought to guarantee. Why don't we try to enforce the laws already on the books rather than make up more which only serve to restrict the God given rights (God given as seen by our FOUNDERS) of the good people who follow the law? Furthermore, Mrs. Clinton is looking to give more power and authority to the BATFE (or ATF as you referred to it). This further complexes me as this group has a well known history of going after law abiding citizens and their Second Amendment rights (such as in PA when a judge ruled one or two years ago that they unlawfully confiscated numerous firearms at a gun show.) It is amazing how far we have come in American Government. President George Washington himself was afraid of the power the federal government could attain and become tyrannical, yet today it seems that the federal government is seeking new and unprecedented powers everyday in the name of "helping the people." This is how tyrants rise, through the guise of helping society and attaining this power for the people. Let us not forget that it is WE THE PEOPLE who own these rights. The Constitution does not grant us these rights, it recognizes God given rights and protects them. Our forefathers were mindful of tyrants who seek power to pass their agenda. Let us also be mindful of these threats and not compromise on such accords. For if we start compromising and giving up some of our rights, we deserve none of them.

Please check your facts before your interviews,
Scotty Burke

edit: i should have covered more specifics such as how everything the cartels have which 'overpowers' the cops is not bought here illegally(RPGs, grenades, ect). but, maybe she will finally do her homework and figure it out for a change.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:53:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 9:04:31 PM EDT by TheFlynDutchman]
I didn't see the interview, but you guys made a pretty good case....

I'll check youtube & see if it is there....

Just found it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hhtpDMIXYA

Ok...they both mentioned that the AWB banned automatic weapons.....Gretta at 6:12 & Hillary at 6:40

What bullshit......Lying sacks of shit
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:51:36 PM EDT
My e-mail to Gretta:

Dear Gretta,

I'm quite upset after having seen your interview with Secretary of State Clinton regarding the drug cartels in Mexico, & the inference that somehow the violence there is America's problem to be dealt with.

While we share a border with Mexico, and the illegal drug trade in the United States is fueling the problems in Mexico, the problem is still Mexico's.

Secretary Clinton and yourself both erroneously mentioned that there are fully automatic "assault rifles" being smuggled into Mexico by straw purchasers in the United States & these "assault weapons" are putting the Mexican police at a disadvantage.

Fully automatic weapons are illegal for any civilian that does not possess a class 3 federal firearms license, & their purchase and subsequent "smuggling" to Mexico should have lead to massive arrests in the United States, because the sale & transfer of said weapons is highly regulated by the ATF.

I am pretty sure that by now, you have received numerous e-mails & letters that have de-bunked the comments made by Secretary Clinton that the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) did anything to reduce crime in the United States, and for the most part was a cosmetic ban of parts on those weapons, & not the functionality of said weapons.

The AWB banned such items as: a bayonet lug. (for mounting a bayonet) Which basically amounted to restricting the attachment of a knife to your gun. or a pistol grip. (Which anti-gun proponents say allows the user to spray bullets in an area while firing from the hip) Which is complete & utter nonsense, because anybody who has actually fired a weapon knows that the most accurate shots come from aiming down the sight with the rifle butt at the shoulder. But I digress.

Your interview showed the lack of knowledge of both the function of the weapons you both spoke about, & the laws which regulate their sales & transfer. I would hope that as a responsible reporter of information, that you correct the misstatements made & explain that there are already restrictions on automatic weapons in the United States. I also hope that Mrs Clinton would do the same, although I will not hold out for that one.

I watch Fox News because I tend to see Fox as a news agency that seeks the facts, & doesn't just jump on the bandwagon that all the other news agencies seem to jump onto.

I didn't see that in this interview. Glossing over these facts without a correction is basically pouring the kool-ade in the cups & placing it out there to drink.

I hope that you will make a correction, & give the law abiding gun owners of this nation the fair shake that they deserve.

Respectfully submitted,
Top Top