Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/18/2003 7:42:13 AM EDT
..or something. I know it sounds terrible, but since the coverage of the Iraq War ended there hasn't been anything worth watching on TV. I think I will cancel cable.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:49:10 AM EDT
People like to see the blood and guts then...but once its over they no longer care. Did you ever hear about the 9/11 story? Or is that whole thing just a myth?!? I hate the news media!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:49:37 AM EDT
Dude we can not have another war, cuz the military said i can't join(medical) and i'm still pissed cuz i missed the last two.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:19:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:28:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By m193: ..or something. I know it sounds terrible, but since the coverage of the Iraq War ended there hasn't been anything worth watching on TV. I think I will cancel cable.
View Quote
I hope you are kidding. My wife & I just spent last night at Ft Carson with the widow of a close friend who was killed in Iraq last week.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:35:38 AM EDT
I am kidding. My condolences on the loss of your friend.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:06:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By m193: ..or something. I know it sounds terrible, but since the coverage of the Iraq War ended there hasn't been anything worth watching on TV. I think I will cancel cable.
View Quote
In other words.... You don't have the Playboy Channel![sex]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:23:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TimJ: They still have plenty to report IF THEY WANTED TO. Lot's of action in the Stan and Irag. They'd rather play clips of boring stuff.
View Quote
Your joking right? Their too busy talking about Laci Peterson to mention Irag unless one of our soldiers gets killed.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:27:20 AM EDT
It does seem like our dumbass news media needs something like an all out war to keep them buisy. They over blown the Condit affair untill 9/11. We get a blow by blow of the Laci Peterson case. Sammy Sosa's corked bat made headlines for days. It's like that have nothing better to do. With all the under reported stories they can jump on, why they do this is beyond me. Wait a minute, I do know why they do this. They want to feed us mindless drivel rather than have us think when a real news story is available. Sort of more of the dumbing down stuff. Don't bother putting something like our southern border is a highway for all kinds of illegals, both people and substances. It might cause us to ponder the situation or worse it might offend someones leftist sensibilities. Waaaa! Bilster
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:53:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:09:48 AM EDT
Well you might just get your wish. GW suspects Iran's building nukes. I guess they could also use a good liberating. Does the US have another Shah lying around anywhere?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:02:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SeaDweller: Well you might just get your wish. GW suspects Iran's building nukes. I guess they could also use a good liberating.
View Quote
Damn right. Iran has had it coming since 1980.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:09:52 AM EDT
View Quote
Iraq? That was'nt a war. Viet Nam was the last war. Everything since has been a scuffle. War is hell and if someone had to experience it first hand they would never wish for another one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:19:37 AM EDT
I have a TV. It's connected to a VCR and a DVD player ONLY. TV is nothing but a bunch of liberal agenda, mind rotting, hype geared to slowly brainwash you into thinking their way. Disconnect from cable, before it's to late.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:22:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Fly-Fly: Iraq? That was'nt a war. Viet Nam was the last war. Everything since has been a scuffle. War is hell and if someone had to experience it first hand they would never wish for another one.
View Quote
No, Vietnam wasn't a war, it was a total political screw-up. That's why Vietnam era people are so anti-war...their only image of war was the worst-run war we've ever been in. Vietnam was the exception, not the rule. Korea was also a screw-up to a lesser extent because of the half-assed way we prosecuted it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:27:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Fly-Fly:
View Quote
Iraq? That was'nt a war. Viet Nam was the last war. Everything since has been a scuffle. War is hell and if someone had to experience it first hand they would never wish for another one.
View Quote
wrong, vietnam was the perfect example of how NOT to conduct a war, GWII was exactly how you SHOULD conduct war, b/c we had competant leadership, they made it look easy
Top Top