Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2003 8:03:19 PM EDT
You guys remember the ebay auction I got ripped off for?
Well it turns out that I got the guy on the phone and he says he will send me something to make up for it.
It also turns out that someone here e-mailed and warned him about these the threads.
Even if one of the members here doesn't like me for one reason or another that was a low down fucking thing to do to someone who was ripped off on ebay, whoever you are you are a fucking scumbag and I just wish you would own up to it on the open board.
[b]Brother in arms my ass![/b]

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Twas'nt me, but I shall mention Kharma again.[8D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It wasn't me. But when we find out he should be taken out back and have the shit beat out of him. That would piss me off too. Thats a [nono]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Jrzy,

If I recall correctly, there are "X" number of members and about 20 or more x "X" visitors to the site.  I would be willing to bet a reasonable number of those visitors are DU types who come here (as we do to their site) to see what "the other side" is up to.  Most likely one of those would have done something like that to see if he could cause trouble for AR15.com.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
You're not the only one that's been screwed over by a member here.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=163347[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, thats pretty fucked up we have a rat here.

Could he be friends with a member? Could he be a member? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Understand that the internet is just an extension of real life.
There is a certain type of man, who I will never be able to understand- who is always "telling" on people.

"SO AND SO SAID A WORD THAT OFFENDS ME! BAN HIM MODERATORS!"

"SO AND SO SAID SOMETHING I DIDN'T LIKE! WAAHHHH!"

This type of man is true trash, absolute rubbish, and of a foulness that can't be conveyed; but he exists. Hate him as we will, he hovers around posts, sensibilities high, and waits to tell on people for offending him in one way or another.

This time, he told on you. So, yes, there is a traitor. There are many of them. They are everywhere. Many people for whatever reason seem to think that tattle-taling is a good thing to do.
I hate them with a red glow in the center of my chest that rages like a god damn Dutch oven, but they are out there, peering into their computer screens and waiting- just fucking waiting to stir up a little e-trouble.

Take solace in the fact that whatever gratification they get from telling on you is negated by their own inherent lameness.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not suggesting anyone there did this to you, jrzy. But this reminds me of something hilarious that happened at full-auto.com.  

Some new poster calling himself "The Midnight Prowler" starting talking about his life of menial jobs and being friends with a callgirl, who works in one of the discreet brothels of Houston, TX. [url]http://www.full-auto.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005233[/url]

Went on and on about her, posted her site/ad gallery, and her contact email.

"The Midnight Prowler" comes back on a few days later complaining the hooker he had a crush on no longer wants to be his friend.  Bang, just like that.  He can't figure out why.

Obviously, someone at F-A.com contacted her via email, let her know her buddy "The Midnight Prowler" was talking about her, her real name, her life etc. to a bunch of random dudes on internet gun message boards. Thought she just might like to know.

Someone's fucking with you just because they can, I think.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
The guy told him I was a big mouth so he was glad to do it, I am a big mouth so at least whoever it is is just a scumbag and not a liar, LOL
So I willing to go out on a limb here and say it was probably one of the regs here who doesn't like my LEO posts,gee who could that be ?
LOL

AZ-K9
you don't know how sweet it will be to post when a small misfortune befalls you ,LOL
Nothing big ociffer but when you post sometime about a bad "karma" thing happening to you I am gonna have a real good day.
So you have a couple of choices,you can suffer in silence or you can post it here with the knowledge that I will enjoy it.
Me thinks you'll opt for the former. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
1 word: imbroglio
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The guy told him I was a big mouth so he was glad to do it, I am a big mouth so at least whoever it is is just a scumbag and not a liar, LOL
So I willing to go out on a limb here and say it was probably one of the regs here who doesn't like my LEO posts,gee who could that be ?
LOL

AZ-K9
you don't know how sweet it will be to post when a small misfortune befalls you ,LOL
Nothing big ociffer but when you post sometime about a bad "karma" thing happening to you I am gonna have a real good day.
So you have a couple of choices,you can suffer in silence or you can post it here with the knowledge that I will enjoy it.
Me thinks you'll opt for the former. [:D]
View Quote

Sorry buddy, you missed the boat. Kharma has calleth...[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=171034&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]
AZ-K9 I took no pleasure in that ,one because you and your family were in harms way ,even though it was only for an instant.
The other obvious reasons are the loss of a great firearm and the ammo and the other stuff.
I said in my post a "small misfortune befalls you", this was no small misfortune and like I said I took no pleasure in that, we are even as far as I'm concerned, you have had all the bad karma anyone should get in a 20 year period or better.
I am glad you and your family made it through safe and God bless you and yours.
John
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I have no idea what you are referring to, but it sounds like you are complaining that someone read your public postings and notified the person you were complaining about. I can only ask if you had been drinking while posting this.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Can I say something?

cynic
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Before you took it upon yourself to "help" I noticed you never bothered to give your fellow AR 15 member a heads up.
I also notice you probably never read his feed back because then you would have seen what everyone else saw that was obvious.

[url]http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=cavdoc96[/url]

Gee ya think maybe all the people who repoted not getting their items after a month were lying.
I'll tell you something your story is just that a story, for whatever your motives were they were not honorable and neither are you.

Do me a favor and stay the fuck away from me.
If I didn't value my membership here I would tell you how I really feel.
Care to step over to Fullauto.com?

(edited because I do value being here)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#19]
*gets Popcorn*
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I said it once today to another ass hole, " I will rip out your eyes and skull fuck you, only after I staple your shriveled nut sack to a termite infested tree stump"! Glad I don't deal with EBay, or PayPal for that matter. What did he offer you in return? Did he apologize? Jason
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Nevermind...
I had a few remarks typed, but then erased them...

I'm keeping my opinion to myself...

Mom always told me: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all."
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And please note that I do not need to hide behind some CB handle cutsie name when I speak my mind on the internet. Wonder why you feel the need to hide if you are so righteous?

David Hineline
South Sioux City, NE
View Quote

So now all of us here (99.9 percent) are cowards and hiding behind a screen name ?
WTF is wrong with you?
After reading one of your posts over at Full auto I think I have a clue,you just like fucking with people and getting into their business,be careful because you reap what you sow their buddy.

So you just get off on fucking with people I guess , right?

Originally posted by David Hineline:
Won't miss BOG a bit, [b]I like pushing buttons[/b], Who wanted Cactus Jack Back?

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Why don't we have a poll to see what the general concensus is about this situation?  The looser of the poll apologizes and the thread is killed?  Then we won't have to see a big mess develope into a potential for locked accounts and so on.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#26]
There is a reason people use "CB handles", it's so when someone f's with them or they piss someone off, that person won't have their name and address to come and do who knows what...  

TS
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#27]
And yes I do not understand or agree with those who hide behind thier CB handles
View Quote
The threat of "identity theft" maybe? Maybe to prevent some nutcase from getting personal info, and screwing with that persons' credit, job, family, etc, simply out of spite?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And yes I do not understand or agree with those who hide behind thier CB handles
View Quote
The threat of "identity theft" maybe? Maybe to prevent some nutcase from getting personal info, and screwing with that persons' credit, job, family, etc, simply out of spite?
View Quote

Zardoz I don't think David_Hineline gets the point yet, LOL
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well perhaps if everyone did not hide behind thier false identities then there would not be people getting ripped off on ebay and other internet sites because everyone would know who everyone was actually dealing with?

Some people just like a cute name but don't try to hide who they are and thier actual identities are will know but they like thier cutiepie name, others feel the need to actually hide for what ever reason.

View Quote

Back pedal much?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Some people just like a cute name but don't try to hide who they are and thier actual identities are will know but they like thier cutiepie name
View Quote
Huh?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#33]
In an earlier post, jrzy is alleged to have said "Well it turns out that I got the guy on the phone and he says he will send me something to make up for it."

-------------------

jrzy,

Please clarify a few things, just to give us all a better picture of what's transpired here...

a) Did you call him [the seller] or did he call you?

b) After speaking with him directly, are you reasonably satisfied with his story about being deployed and his family not upholding his auction commitments? Or are you still/even more convinced he's basically a lying POS who was out to cheat you from the beginning?

c) Did he give you any indication what this "something" might be that he's sending you to make good? And if it were something reasonably valuable or nice (as opposed to a useless trinket), would you be satisfied?

Thanks,

cynic
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I like getting out of work and coming home to disorder and chaos.  Ahh, the internet.  Technological convenience and the banes of humanity all wrapped up in one neat package.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ZarDoz for example Juan Avilla is well know but chooses for what ever reason to be know as Goatboy. I don't get it but it's his choice and the choice of most internet gun board users.  Tim Greene was well known but prefered the AntiUssa name, when well known people choose a Name de Plume they are not trying to hide.  I question the integrity of those who choose to express thier opinions anonymously.  This opinion is not related to anyone in particular on this post but is a continuation of my original comments upon pen names. I have no reason to think anyone is trying to hide here, but I do not understand the fear of using the name thier Mommas felt was appropriate.
View Quote

I dont use my name because,
1. I believe I am a tad bit smarter than you.
2. I dont want some shitbag calling my employer when I piss them off. (Already been demonstrated here)
3. There is a certain element on this board I would'nt want to be associated with.
4. There is a certain element on this board I would'nt want to know my name.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I like to use the name Bob Cole,but of course Bob Cole dosen't like it so I go by Bobbyjack!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
ZarDoz for example Juan Avilla is well know but chooses for what ever reason to be know as Goatboy. I don't get it but it's his choice and the choice of most internet gun board users.  Tim Greene was well known but prefered the AntiUssa name, when well known people choose a Name de Plume they are not trying to hide.  I question the integrity of those who choose to express thier opinions anonymously.  This opinion is not related to anyone in particular on this post but is a continuation of my original comments upon pen names. I have no reason to think anyone is trying to hide here, but I do not understand the fear of using the name thier Mommas felt was appropriate.
View Quote

First off, what business is it of yours or anyone elses here what my name is unless I am doing business with or meeting with you or them?

Every transaction I do on gunbroker.com, I give them my name and address. When I meet someone for the 1st time as an acquaintence, they get my 1st name only. Why do they need my last name?

Do you go into Wal-Mart and get on the intercom and announce you are in the store? Why do it on the internet?

I was a skip tracer for 15 years. Do you realize the information I could get on you because I have your 1st and last name and town? Did you know that mortgage records, court records, voting registration, and DMV records are all public information? Be careful...

Paul
A.K.A. Az_Redneck
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

First off, what business is it of yours or anyone elses here what my name is unless I am doing business with or meeting with you or them?

Every transaction I do on gunbroker.com, I give them my name and address. When I meet someone for the 1st time as an acquaintence, they get my 1st name only. Why do they need my last name? Do you go into Wal-Mart and get on the intercom and announce you are in the store? Why do it on the internet? I was a skip tracer for 15 years. Do you realize the information I could get on you because I have your 1st and last name and town? Did you know that mortgage records, court records, voting registration, and DMV records are all public information? Be careful... Paul A.K.A. Az_Redneck
View Quote

While it's entirely [b]your business[/b] to use your real name or not, I see no reason why it should disturb anyone if someone chooses to call you on the matter. Recently, I was accused of "posting anonymously from my keyboard" when I use my real name wetidlerjr(W. E. Tidler Jr.) as a sign-in name and use Bill Tidler Jr. in my "signature". I have a personal belief that, whether I am on the 'net or not, if I am saying something concerning deep held beliefs or positions that I should also be willing to say who I really am. Again, if you choose not to then that is your choice and right but I may or may not give any credence to what you say. That doesn't mean I believe you are lying or trying to deceive me nor am I likely to say so on this or any other BBS. As a [b]FREE[/b] American, I will not hide on or off the internet.
But no matter what, I always try to remember this is (as one said on another gun BBS) "just the internet."
By the way, if anyone doesn't think Bill Tidler Jr. is my real name then they are welcome to visit me in Tipton, IN. My number is in the book but please call ahead of time as I may not be home. I like visitors, especially gun nuts like me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:48:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Someone's fucking with you just because they can...............
View Quote

There's alot of that going around in general, not just on ARF.com

That's why I don't give out personal info.

That's why I don't "join a Militia".

Don't underestimate a dirtbags motivation to screw around with you....they do it because they can.
The dirtbag doesn't care if there are problems later......the dirtbag just wants to mess with whatever and whoever they can.

Human nature is wonderful isn't it?
[chainsawkill]

And it will NEVER improve.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm about to take a vacation from this board. Besides, I think I've been "Drinking while posting" a little too much lately...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#42]
I didnt do it.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:08:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Mr. Hineline, I am not sure why you think it is your job to poke your nose in other folks business. Do you think you are some kind of internet monitor safeguarding its use for the world? You don't wear a cape and mask do you? I just find it strange that you would take time out of your busy day to e-mail a stranger (that is probably a dirt bag) about what a fellow ARFCOM member was saying. I think you need to find a new hobby....

C4
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:20:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We have a traitor here!
View Quote

More than one.
View Quote

What I find amazing is that anyone is surprised about it. Here we are on an OPEN PUBLIC board that ANYONE can join. Even if you don't join, you can still read the posts. Not only that, but being associated with "assault weapons" we are somewhat controversial and a prime target for any anti-gun pinhead who cares to fire off a volley or use underhanded methods to wreak havoc.

The bottom line is that this is wide open here, and the idea that this is some sort of "brotherhood" and that only people who are "ok" are here is a childish fantasy. Yes, there are many good people here, no doubt about it, but you have to watch your six...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, if it isn't him, some poor bastard is gonna get an earfull this morning!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Somehow I think I have stumbled into Romper Room.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:50:59 AM EDT
[#48]
IBTL

My first one I think!
Or at least my first one in a long long time.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You guys remember the ebay auction I got ripped off for?
Well it turns out that I got the guy on the phone and he says he will send me something to make up for it.
It also turns out that someone here e-mailed and warned him about these the threads.
Even if one of the members here doesn't like me for one reason or another that was a low down fucking thing to do to someone who was ripped off on ebay,
View Quote

You posted the stuff on a public forum. Are you somehow ashamed of it or embarrassed by it? Is there some expectation of privacy here? Did you tell everyone not to tell this guy you were posting about him?

[b]Brother in arms my ass![/b]
View Quote

Where does it say "Brothers in arms"? Does someone owe you some kind of loyalty just because you post on an internet discussion board?
Don't post statements on the net that you wouldn't want to answer for in the real world. Screen names do not guarantee privacy. There are petty, vindictive people here that will make things very personal if they are given the chance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#50]
This is, without a doubt, the silliest thread I've ever seen in my time on AR15.com.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top