Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/23/2012 12:33:37 PM EST
The house we bought about 6 years ago has a Rainsoft reverse osmosis water filter system. It is connected to my drinking spout on the sink and to my refridgerator.
Lately I've noticed my ice cubes are coming out hollow and the water pressure from the fridge door is low. I then remember about the Rainsoft filter system which tucked away in a out of the way part of the basement.
I've never had a filter system before. Can the filters become clogged enough to slow the pressure?
Since there are no local Rainsoft dealers, is there another company I can buy filters from?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:57:20 PM EST
Any type of filtration needs some type of regular maintainance. RO filters work with cartridges thar eventualy need to be changed or they are no longer effective or get clogged and can result in a loss of pressure. You should be able to find and change them yourself. Take one out, take it to Lowes and try to match it, they should sell something compatible. Do that and see if pressure returns. If not you'll have to look at something else.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:53:13 PM EST
Hi. I have a Rainsoft RO as well as a Rainsoft whole house water softener (the softener is not hooked up as I very recently moved to TX recently and this house design would make doing so impossible). In short, the answer to your question is yes. You do have to change the filters and you can do it yourself. Google is your friend on this one as the specific Rainsoft filters are hard to come by outside of a dealer. I have found them in the past though.
Top Top