Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 8:36:16 PM EDT
Twenty years after WWII the Mossad lured Herbert Cukurs the " Butcher of Riga" into Uruguay under the pretense of a business deal. The Mossad had sent several men to South America for the mission. They lured him to a remote house, subdued him and after a struggle put two bullets in his head. They left his body in a trunk along with documents outlining the atrocities he had committed.

How many Nazis did they actually track down and execute ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Fpni
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fpni
View Quote
Do you even know what that means?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
First post not it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully lots more than we know about...

V
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
IMO - not nearly enough.  I think Hitler got away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
many Nazi's did.  Lots of speculation about Hitler, his burned body, the skull with the bullet hole, etc.

South America was a haven, that is a known fact.
View Quote
Göring's niece lives in a small town in Argentina in which a lot of other residents have German surnames and questions about the war and immediately after are not taken too kindly to.

Then you have the town/compound of Bariloche in which some straight up weird shit has gone on for decades.

ETA: Hunting Hitler is another interesting show, I personally don't have an immovable opinion one way or another on what happened to Hitler after the war and so long as the asshole is dead (and I'm sure he is) I only have a historical curiosity about his fate seeing as how no Fourth Reich sprung up down there. What makes the show so interesting to me isn't the Hitler stuff specifically, but the historically verified info on all the other related topics like German influence in government, how they networked, etc.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Göring's niece lives in a small town in Argentina in which a lot of other residents have German surnames and questions about the war and immediately after are not taken too kindly to.

Then you have the town/compound of Bariloche in which some straight up weird shit has gone on for decades.

ETA: Hunting Hitler is another interesting show, I personally don't have an immovable opinion one way or another on what happened to Hitler after the war and so long as the asshole is dead (and I'm sure he is) I only have a historical curiosity about his fate seeing as how no Fourth Reich sprung up down there. What makes the show so interesting to me isn't the Hitler stuff specifically, but the historically verified info on all the other related topics like German influence in government, how they networked, etc.
View Quote
Please elaborate
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
There's no way that Hitler lived after the war.  The little bitch wouldn't have been able to keep his mouth shut.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
It means he nailed it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Please elaborate
View Quote
Shit I got the names of the towns mixed up Bariloche is basically a Bavrian town in the Andes which was a well known hangout for Germans after the war, but wasn't the one I was thinking about when I said weird shit was going on there for decades...well aside from things like former SS officers running one of the schools there. It's actually a pretty nice town with a slightly (to what extent is up to debate) checkered past when it comes to being a permissive place for Germans with Third Reich ties to settle in.

The one I was thinking of but got the names mixed up with is what used to be called Colonia Dignidad and is now Villa Baviera (Bavarian Village) which is a bit over the border in Chile. That place is pretty much a colony/compound of Germans that showed up in 1961, there were allegations of child sexual abuse, torture, and murders there when it was run by a former Wehrmacht corporal turned cult leader. They were very hostile to outsiders, and not much of what went on there was known outside it until some people basically ran away and never looked back. They have a watchtower that can see for miles, vehicle barricades, barbed wire fences, underground tunnels, small arms manufacturing bunkers, you name it. They even found 1960s era motion detection stuff around the compound that would have been state of the art when it was put in but doesn't seem to work now. The CIA even said that Mengele lived there for a time.

After the former corporal was extradited back to Chile on the child sex charges he'd already been convicted of in absentia there (he hid out in, wait for it, Argentina for 8 years after he was accused) along with a bunch of added charges from everywhere from Chile to France to Germany, the leadership changed the name to Villa Baviera and made "reforms." Now they will even let some of the kids leave to go to college. Currently they have a restaurant that tourists can visit to partake of their authentic German sausages which are made on site but they still don't like questions about anything to do with "old German things" and there are still armed guards all over the place.

It is a weird and creepy place.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Eichmann
View Quote
Yep, and 'extradited' (ahem) him back to Israel.
Tried, convicted, and put to death.

IIRC that was the first and only death penalty carried out by Israeli law
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I have always thought that Joseph Mengele, who drowned while swimming in the ocean, met a team of Mossad scuba divers. He apparently swam often, just a matter of time until he had company out there IMO.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, go get this book and read it. It was an interesting book and the answer to your question is in it. I had no idea about a lot of the missions the Mossad was involved with.

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shit I got the names of the towns mixed up Bariloche is basically a Bavrian town in the Andes which was a well known hangout for Germans after the war, but wasn't the one I was thinking about when I said weird shit was going on there for decades...well aside from things like former SS officers running one of the schools there. It's actually a pretty nice town with a slightly (to what extent is up to debate) checkered past when it comes to being a permissive place for Germans with Third Reich ties to settle in.

The one I was thinking of but got the names mixed up with is what used to be called Colonia Dignidad and is now Villa Baviera (Bavarian Village) which is a bit over the border in Chile. That place is pretty much a colony/compound of Germans that showed up in 1961, there were allegations of child sexual abuse, torture, and murders there when it was run by a former Wehrmacht corporal turned cult leader. They were very hostile to outsiders, and not much of what went on there was known outside it until some people basically ran away and never looked back. They have a watchtower that can see for miles, vehicle barricades, barbed wire fences, underground tunnels, small arms manufacturing bunkers, you name it. They even found 1960s era motion detection stuff around the compound that would have been state of the art when it was put in but doesn't seem to work now. The CIA even said that Mengele lived there for a time.

After the former corporal was extradited back to Chile on the child sex charges he'd already been convicted of in absentia there (he hid out in, wait for it, Argentina for 8 years after he was accused) along with a bunch of added charges from everywhere from Chile to France to Germany, the leadership changed the name to Villa Baviera and made "reforms." Now they will even let some of the kids leave to go to college. Currently they have a restaurant that tourists can visit to partake of their authentic German sausages which are made on site but they still don't like questions about anything to do with "old German things" and there are still armed guards all over the place.

It is a weird and creepy place.
View Quote
Interesting.  Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#17]
422 exactly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#18]
As many as the were allowed to take.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Not enough .
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Frondizi Pardoned Nazis Initially
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#21]
What is the biggest group of people that you could hunt now with impunity.  Across boarder, international human hunt, with low to no chance of reprisal or consequence?  Shouldnt we be asking who is fair game right now?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have always thought that Joseph Mengele, who drowned while swimming in the ocean, met a team of Mossad scuba divers. He apparently swam often, just a matter of time until he had company out there IMO.
View Quote
The Izzies certainly weren't shy about taking credit for other Nazis they bumped off, why would they keep that one a secret?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Bariloche - anyone have any further reading on the topic? Post-war South American Nazi stuff in general?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The Izzies certainly weren't shy about taking credit for other Nazis they bumped off, why would they keep that one a secret?
View Quote
Scubassad is still top secret
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What is the biggest group of people that you could hunt now with impunity.  Across boarder, international human hunt, with low to no chance of reprisal or consequence?  Shouldnt we be asking who is fair game right now?
View Quote
White males?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think they would have made a show of taking out him in particular.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hopefully lots more than we know about...

V
View Quote
Eh, they don't have the best track record at killing the guy they think they are killing. On at least one occasion they killed some guy living in Europe thinking he was a well known terrorist, he was actually just a guy going home from work. We know about that because those involved got arrested afterwards. Makes you wonder if there were similar assassinations of ordinary people mistaken for someone the Israelis were after but the killers didn't get caught.

Think how often LEO's grab the wrong guy when searching for a subject. They can at least uncuff the guy and apologize when they have made a mistake.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Political reasons, protecting info source, could probably think of many scenarios where silence was advisable. Or, hell, maybe he DID have a stroke while swimming and just drowned. I like the idea of the mossad getting the bastard better. And we'll never know for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top