Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:18:59 PM EDT
Peak of second story. 12/12 roof pitch. Fvckers need to die.

How best to do that without me going first??

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Spray with wasp spray, wash off with water nozzle after.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Wasp spray after dark when it cools off.
Real easy.
Sneak attack when they are sleeping.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The stuff I had didn't go high enough.
Didn't want to be on ladder for the retaliation.

Can they see red light?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats not a nest thats a fucking colony!
spray run repeat
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Water with dishwashing liquid is instant death and no messy cleanup.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
If the wasp spray won't reach, use a high pressure nozzle on your garden hose in the middle of the day, then RUN LIKE HELL.

If done right, there will be just a few wasps present, and it will shred the nest.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Open face nest, not yellowjackets. They'll still sting you, but they're not nearly as aggressive, territorial or smart. Set the ladder up so it's not under the nest and when you hit them with spray they'll drop straight to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Be careful or you will ruin the honey.  

Suck them out with a vacuum. 

Mail vacuum bag to enemy.

Enjoy honey.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The expanding foam spray works the best.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#11]
pressure washem.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I went out today to prune a bunch of limbs off a Crape Myrtle tree next to my house.

I was just about to shove my ladder up into it when (luckily) just happend to see a large wasp nest covered in wasps.

Ho Lee Shit I'm glad I saw it in time

Here is pic after the fact.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be careful or you will ruin the honey.  

Suck them out with a vacuum. 

Mail vacuum bag to enemy.

Enjoy honey.
View Quote
I have always heard the the larva were good fish bait.

Never tried it myself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Carb or brake cleaner works well too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Real easy.
View Quote
This, just make sure you stand to the side when you spray. Watched my neighbor spray a nest in the same spot as yours, He stood directly under it and sprayed it. He ended up with eyes full of spray and a bunch of dying pissed off wasps falling on him and in his shirt. Laughed my ass off at him.

The Spectracide pro posted above is the one I've found that works best. Very quick knock down.

J-
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The stuff I had didn't go high enough.
Didn't want to be on ladder for the retaliation.

Can they see red light?
View Quote
Tape can to pole.
Tape down nozzle.
Reach pole closer to nest.

You gotta be quick with your taping and reaching.

It's gonna be messy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Shoot it with a BB gun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Shoot it with a BB gun.
View Quote
Nah, he'll shoot his eye out!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Tape can to pole.
Tape down nozzle.
Reach pole closer to nest.

You gotta be quick with your taping and reaching.

It's gonna be messy.
View Quote
Hmm..

Will report back tomorrow with results.
If I don't ever post again..avenge me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Dad had a yellow jacket nest/hive/crib under his eve. He kept asking "how we" going to get rid of that?

I said "Howie", does he work here?"

Called local pest control. $90, bunch of powder stuff in there, all quiet a day or two later.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Wait until night.

Spray.

Run like hell.

Try again the next day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wait until night.

Spray.

Run like hell.

Try again the next day.
View Quote
Good quality spray = Dead Right There.

No need to run or come back.

They die instantly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm "growing" a wasp nest under my carport. It is about the size of yours. I'm gonna see how big it will get. They did freak out the other evening when the grill grease caught on fire and smoked them out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#24]
use a pressure washer with a low pressure soap nozzle. shoots a ton of soapy water , will reach that nest.  use dishwashing liquid, super fast kill
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really? I'll have to try that...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#26]
They get annoyed and move to a new nest if you stand under them waving your arms and throwing shit at them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#27]
In my experience, sometimes the spray just gets the outside and doesn't really do anything to them except piss them off. Best thing to do is as follows:

1. Get a paintball gun
2. Blast the nest from a safe distance with 10 paintballs or so to punch a hole in it and compromise structural integrity
3. Run away for like 5 hours
4. Come back and spray those unholy bastards dead!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes! One of the few hippy "Green" alternatives that actually works!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hmm..

Will report back tomorrow with results.
If I don't ever post again..avenge me.
View Quote
I've done:
tape can to pole
tape pole to another pole
make tape hinge with scrap of wood and light rope
aim at nest, pull string
miss, adjust, fire for effect
drop pole and run, was around the corner before anyone sporty arrived

problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:01:45 AM EDT
[#30]

+

That ought to do it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#31]
The only solution I see is to burn your house and start over. Sorry op.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I went out today to prune a bunch of limbs off a Crape Myrtle tree next to my house.

I was just about to shove my ladder up into it when (luckily) just happend to see a large wasp nest covered in wasps.

Ho Lee Shit I'm glad I saw it in time

Here is pic after the fact.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35314/IMG_7466-288655.JPG
View Quote
Looks like yellow jackets to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Wait until night. Like around midnight. They are sleeping, literally.
Put up ladder so you will be spraying at an angle, not beneath the nest or into the wind. Be quiet. The spray cans aren't really good for 20 feet. Shake can. Remove cap. If you are using Raid, remove tab from spray tip. Go up ladder, try to get 10 feet away so the spray doesn't disperse as much. Be veh-wee quiet. Then when you are at a good position, spray as much of the nest's honeycomb holes as you can. Then, keep on spraying until the can is empty. Any wasps that come out will be on their death bed and won't be flying. Climb down ladder. Mission accomplished. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Wait until night. Like around midnight. They are sleeping, literally.
Put up ladder so you will be spraying at an angle, not beneath the nest or into the wind. Be quiet. The spray cans aren't really good for 20 feet. Shake can. Remove cap. If you are using Raid, remove tab from spray tip. Go up ladder, try to get 10 feet away so the spray doesn't disperse as much. Be veh-wee quiet. Then when you are at a good position, spray as much of the nest's honeycomb holes as you can. Then, keep on spraying until the can is empty. Any wasps that come out will be on their death bed and won't be flying. Climb down ladder. Mission accomplished. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#36]
the foam sprays are awesome, shoots like 20-25 feet

just soak those little faggots and they won't know what hit them

they start falling out and having little bug seizures and shit lmao
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://thepestmanagement.com/does-soapy-water-kill-wasps/

How to take down wasp nest with soap and water
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Standard practice for the dog-killing multimillionaires in GD is probably to improvise a flame thrower to destroy all insects, even harmless ones.

In reality, paper wasps are beneficial and won't sting unless you fuck with their nest, which all the morons here have told you to do. Unless you plan on having a barbecue in close proximity to the eave of your steep second-story roof, man the fuck up, wash the sand out of your vagina, and go on your merry fucking way. The wasps won't bother you and you'll eventually learn to cry yourself to sleep at night.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
This ^

Stumbled across some YT vids of it not too long ago.

Dunno how/why dish soap is their kryptonite, but its pretty cool

#allwaspsmustdie
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I had a paperwasp nest on my covered patio for a summer. We made a deal. I would not rain down hellfire and brimstone as long as they didn't bother me. They made it all summer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#41]
That looks like a good way to get stung.

Former exterminator here. 100's of nests obliterated, haven't been stung once. Well...as a kid, but I stepped on the bugger, so I kinda deserved it.
If you've got a nest, wait until dusk or just after, when it starts to cool down. Most of the wasps/hornets will be home then, so you can eradicate them effectively. There'll probably be a few stragglers that'll come back, but if you work quickly you'll get most (if not all) of them.

Your local hardware store has a spray foam wasp killer. Buy one. One of them should do 2-4 nests, depending on the size.
First thing you do is spray the exit hole. The foam will expand and block their exit. Any wasps trying to leave the nest will get covered in the poison and drop to the ground, writhing in their final moments of tortured life.

Now, put the nozzle on. It's that little red straw like you find on a can of WD40. Jab the nest with it like you're giving it an injection. Which you are. An injection of death.
Start spraying, and slowly pull the nozzle out of the nest. This'll make sure that the foam expands into each section of the nest, killing everything inside.
Once the nozzle is free of the nest, take it off and use the wide spray to kill off any stragglers. Go have a beer and celebrate a job well done. When your beer is done, go back outside and look at the genocide you've committed. The corpses of your victims will be laying on the battlefield, and you will stand victorious. Unleash your victory roar now, standing above the ruined bodies of those who would have encroached on your domain. You are truly a magnificent beast of battle. You have become death. The destroyer of worlds.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:44:48 AM EDT
[#42]
I am out of cans, but chase nests all year. I get the menards cheap brand spray. It really does shoot 20 ft, cause I need every bit of that. Spraying alone never works. Spray at night, then in the AM knock the nest down (long pole or hose). If you leave it, more wasps will appear and you have to do it all over again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, instant death. I didn't know if it would work or not until I tried (friend at work told me about it). Super easy and not messy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Ask your 8 year old kid if he wants to earn $5
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Real easy.
View Quote
I prefer to do it in the day when it's hot just to increase the drama factor.
That way I can scream, jump off the ladder and run like hell.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The expanding foam spray works the best.
View Quote
What a mess that would make.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#47]
You know what. Just burn the house down and start fresh.

I had a black wasp ducker land right on my lip and sting me on Sunday when I was clearing out near one of the tree stands for archery season. Lip swelled up like I was a kardashian.

Experience was 0/10, would not do again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#48]
First lets see a pic of your sweet boobies, OP.

Only women need help with wasps.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They get annoyed and move to a new nest if you stand under them waving your arms and throwing shit at them.
View Quote
Yeah but you have to be on a ladder when you do this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That looks like a good way to get stung.

Former exterminator here. 100's of nests obliterated, haven't been stung once. Well...as a kid, but I stepped on the bugger, so I kinda deserved it.
If you've got a nest, wait until dusk or just after, when it starts to cool down. Most of the wasps/hornets will be home then, so you can eradicate them effectively. There'll probably be a few stragglers that'll come back, but if you work quickly you'll get most (if not all) of them.

Your local hardware store has a spray foam wasp killer. Buy one. One of them should do 2-4 nests, depending on the size.
First thing you do is spray the exit hole. The foam will expand and block their exit. Any wasps trying to leave the nest will get covered in the poison and drop to the ground, writhing in their final moments of tortured life.

Now, put the nozzle on. It's that little red straw like you find on a can of WD40. Jab the nest with it like you're giving it an injection. Which you are. An injection of death.
Start spraying, and slowly pull the nozzle out of the nest. This'll make sure that the foam expands into each section of the nest, killing everything inside.
Once the nozzle is free of the nest, take it off and use the wide spray to kill off any stragglers. Go have a beer and celebrate a job well done. When your beer is done, go back outside and look at the genocide you've committed. The corpses of your victims will be laying on the battlefield, and you will stand victorious. Unleash your victory roar now, standing above the ruined bodies of those who would have encroached on your domain. You are truly a magnificent beast of battle. You have become death. The destroyer of worlds.
View Quote
I LIKE IT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top