Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 6:25:45 PM EDT
I have a Frigidaire washing machine that is making quite a bit of a knocking noise during the spin cycle. The transmission has gone out once before and it was covered under warranty. I'm thinking that it is having the same problem again. Is this something that I could repair myself for less than the cost of a new machine ($350 to $400)? I really don't want to spend the money for a new machine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried balancing the load???

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the legs adjusted properly?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If you'd quit cleaning brass in it you wouldn't have this problem... At least set it on delicate.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody "riding" it during the spin cycle?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine makes a funny noise too... sort of like BBs rolling around in the very bottom of the tub. It showed up a day or so after my son's pinewood derby. You don't suppose that some of the weights from his car..................

[homer mode][size=6]d'oh![/size=6][/homer mode]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]

I concur with making sure the load is balanced first.
View Quote

Don't mix rifle and pistol brass.

Don't mix casings with red sealed primers and un-mentionables, otherwise the guys at the gym will be snickering about it.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I always make sure the load is balanced. It has run fine for the last 3 years abd just started doing this in the last few months.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Could be the pump.If it is it may leak a little or not.Are the clothes coming out as dry as they use to?A pump will run you under 40.00 at a supply house.If the transmission is going forget it.Stay away from fridiged aire.Its not if they need to be worked on but when.That being said their older stuff is some of the best in the world.I have a 1933 fridge that has neede exactly one thermostat.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top