Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:49:54 PM EDT
So, my and my wife were driving into town to meet up with some people for her birthday... Right after we left the house my cell phone rang.  I didn't recognize the number but I thought maybe it was someone we were meeting checking where we were.  I answer it and this dude says "Hey, is Amber there?".  I say "Who?" he says "Is Amber there?"

So, I say "hold on a sec" and I ask my wife "Hey do you want to pretend to be Amber?" she says OK so I hand the phone to her!

This dude starts saying he's so and so and they meet at bla bla bla place and (turns out he's never talked to "Amber" on the phone before ) she's telling him she doesn't remember because she was too drunk... He asks who answered the phone and she says "Oh that's my friend Steve, we're going out to dinner" then after about a minute of this she says she's gotta go and hangs up.  

I was laughing my ass off! I hope I didn't ruin his chances of scoring with some chick though, but really I give it a 99% chance "Amber" gave him a fake phone number in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
She should've said she was out back by his pool.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
She should've said she was out back by his pool.

Hahaha!! Just read that thread...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I see nothing mean there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Either he was given a fake number. You are not mean in that case.

Or, he was too dumb to write down or dial the correct number. Too bad for him!  

Maybe I'm the mean one!    
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds OK, a friend of mine had a number one off from one of the local pizza
shops, and his dad was constantly taking pizza and sub orders. Have it ready
in 30 minutes, yeah right.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]

That was  funny.

Of course it wasn't the right thing to do, but it sounded fun nonetheless.

You should of course, expect more calls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top