Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2001 8:39:34 PM EDT
Awhile back the proprietor of this establishment posted on this board with an advertisement for reasonable priced AR parts.  He also added a link to his website:  [url]http://members.nbci.com/mag_fed/mcm_munitions.html[/url]

Anyway, I figured he was new and decided to give him a try.  I sent a money order for two collapsable stocks after several e-mails back and forth.  It is important to note that all of his replies were prompt and courteous.

After a couple of weeks I send him another email to confirm that he got my order.  Then another and another ect.  I have tried numerous times to contact him by his phone number on his site to no avail.  Two messages have been left with no call-back thus far.  Needless to say, I'm starting to get that creeping feeling that I've been had.

Since he posted here before, I assume he checks this board from time to time (assuming he has a legitimate business).  If that is the case sir, please contact me and let me know what is going on.  I'd like to believe that there are some mitigating circumstances, but you have to respond to my messages in order for me to understand.

Has anyone here had similar experiences with MCM Munitions?  Any positive experiences?  How about any board members in the Blacksburg VA area that can maybe check to see if the business even exists at all?

Saleen
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm trying to stay optimistic but its hard sometimes.  I hate to vent on this board, but maybe it will spur a response.  You know how precious one's reputation is when you are doing e-trade.

Saleen
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Blacksburg, let me know what I can do to help.  My email is [email protected]  I've met the guy in the picture (on his page).  Seemed like an ok guy, hopefully just a misunderstanding.
Dan
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I would try the BBB in Blacksburg and the County
or City should be able to tell you if he has
a business license. It's time to start raising
hell when they do not respond.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Dan,

Thanks for the offer, I can use all the help I can get.  The guy seemed okay to me in the e-mails as well.  Have you ever been to his shop or done business with him?

Saleen
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#8]
No, I have never been to his place of business.  I usually use a shop called Fagan's in Radford.  Seems to me he's really on the ball with AR's and damn near anything else that shoots (shameless plug).  As far as MCM goes, I'm looking at a phone book, it is a little old, but I don't see him listed.  However, that could be because he is new.  He's so close to me I could walk.  I'm going out on the new Honda tomorrow, I'll see if he has a store or appears to be an "in house".  Hopefully, I will let you know what I find tomorrow.  I do have a really busy weekend, so if you don't see me post, send me an email to kick me in the as$.  You always hope that you are dealing with ethical and legitimate business, but you never really know.  I hope it's just a misunderstanding or something along those lines.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me throw in here.  I am from Blacksburg (haven't been there but for a visit for about 12 years).  I sort of recognized the address when he first advertised here and on Buddy's board (www.sturmgewehr.com).  

The address is a Mailboxes, etc. address (I think it's where the old Grand Furniture used to be).

I understand from some posts on subguns and sturmgewehr that the guy was a student and running the business while he was in school.  From my conversation with him, he did not stock things (at that time), and would order what you wanted from his distributor.  

From the other posts, he took a job and had to start immediately.  One other board member offered to help out with getting items shipped, but he caught so much grief that he backed out (don't blame him).

Dan--I have been to Fagans recently (I actually got a Benelli M-3 from him shipped to my dealer here in IL).  Nice shop with friendly people.

AFARR
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the info and assistance guys.  Believe it or not I actually got an e-mail from his today stating that he hasn't checked his mail in over one month!  If he is running this as a part-time gig, but not even having his mail picked up, his reputation on the net is in the crapper.

At least I know that he is still around, but I won't feel any better until I have my money back or my merchandise.

Thanks again to all that offered assistance.

Saleen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top