Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:35:38 PM EDT
This was a while back, but I'm just curious what your reaction would be.

I was in the truck waiting for my dad to grab something from inside the place he had just installed a camera system in. I was sitting there, reading my book, when some random guy walks across the parking lot, stops about two feet from my window and just stares at me. I pretend to keep reading long enough for one hand to casually rest near my (non-visible) knife, and look up to return his stare. I'm staring the guy straight in the eyes for several (long) seconds and finally ask, "Can I help you?" He then replies, "You need to move your truck." I told him I didn't have the keys and we'd be gone in a minute and he shuffled off to the other side of the parking lot to mess with a piece of equipment next to the building.

Now I gotta tell you, he had me on high yellow alert edging into red the way he was asking. If I'd had a CCW, I'd have been ready to pull it in case he wasn't just being creepy/rude. He was sending off every vibe and raising the hairs on the back of my neck the way he was acting,  but he had a legitimate reason for being there (he worked there) and a genuinely wanted us to move the truck to a different space so they could do stuff with their equipment.

Would anyone else be bothered by his behavior in this situation?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I was in the truck waiting for my dad to grab something from inside the place he had just installed a camera system in. I was sitting there, reading my book, when some random guy walks across the parking lot, stops about two feet from my window and just stares at me. I pretend to keep reading long enough for one hand to casually rest near my (non-visible) knife, and look up to return his stare. I'm staring the guy straight in the eyes for several (long) seconds and finally ask, "Can I help you?" He then replies, "You need to move your truck." I told him I didn't have the keys and we'd be gone in a minute and he shuffled off to the other side of the parking lot to mess with a piece of equipment next to the building.

Now I gotta tell you, he had me on high yellow alert edging into red the way he was asking. If I'd had a CCW, I'd have been ready to pull it in case he wasn't just being creepy/rude. He was sending off every vibe and raising the hairs on the back of my neck the way he was acting,  but he had a legitimate reason for being there (he worked there) and a genuinely wanted us to move the truck to a different space so they could do stuff with their equipment.

High yellow alert?  Was he a mullatto?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

High yellow alert?  Was he a mullatto?

No, but Vin Diesel is.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
just a creep with no social skills.... i wouldnt be too worried
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I would have told him, 'Hey buddy, FOUR poll options. Having five options screws up the poll!'.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have shot him, he looked at you after all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would have shot him, he looked at you after all.

In Texas, that's only a killin' offense if he has that special twinkle in his eye.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top