Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 11:28:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]
you might want to try www.mosin-nagant.net.

I wish I knew how to make the link active.

They have a Mauser discussion board, and a collectors discussion board.  They may be able to help you better over there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
My copy of Blue Book Of Gun Values, Twenty First Edition (last year), shows byf coded 43-45 at 70% = $260.00. Add 30% for "dual tone" (phosphate finish).

The byf Police Coded 43 or 44 at 70% = $550.00

Just a guide though.

P38s are nice pistols.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the price is pretty good for a '44 P-38 in that condition.  P-38 prices have been going up the past few years.

Get online at;
www.gunsamerica.com
www.auctionarms.com
www.gunbroker.com

This will give you an idea of the current prices.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same exact gun. I sold it a while back. I am sorry I sold it. I paid 550 plus tax at a gun store. I pay high on everything. I live in Downstate NY so I get raped on everything and anything that costs money. My gun was about 80% condition. I would keep it. It is a nice conversation piece and a good quality gun to shoot. Make sure there is no import stamp on the bbl. Where did you get it I am interested in picking one up in the future. When the germans were loosing the war they started to neglect finsh and looks on there military items. You will probably see cut marks on the frame under trigger guard,where your fingers wrap around of the gun.They look like ripples. They didn't bother to polish them out and make a smooth finish. It basicly is a crude example of the gun. A real good example it the walther 41. The code is A/C 41. They are in very good shape.As production went. If you can find one that is preserved you will be pleased. All the P-38's P-1's same gun, were good guns until interarms started inporting them then quality went down a bit. Just like the luger. If you come across a luger made in the 60's they are still very well made guns. I am not an expert but just my gereral opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top