Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:48:33 AM EDT
A new one went up near me and opened recently.  Went inside to the sporting goods area..  No firearms for sale!  I asked the guy at the counter and he said the local police dept said they were prohibited by local statute from selling firearms?

Sounds like BS to me..  What say you?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Local government may require special permits or something?

Other then that... don't know.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
They may be waiting for their FFL to come back. They don't always get that done before the store opens. The clerk is probably just an idiot
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
When I saw the thread I thought someone actually took there cat to Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Could be a local ordinance; one place in PA I frequent does not allow firearms to be sold from a store front, only from the home.

Could be they are waiting for their FFL to come back.  Sometimes the legal and federal red tape is slower than construction.

Maybe Wal-Mart forgot to get the FFL until the store was almost complete.

The only Wal-Mart's I have ever been in that didn't sell guns were in NJ.  Too much of a hassel to deal with NJ's archaic gun laws I guess.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Speak to the store manager , OR call the local P.D.      Better chance of finding out the real scoop there than here .
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Could be a local ordinance; one place in PA I frequent does not allow firearms to be sold from a store front, only from the home.

Say what????????  BATF requires a non-home location for a FFL, I thought??????
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Where in PA? A new one was put in near me as well......
Top Top