Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2002 3:18:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Old Forrester, not sure of spelling. I pick this one because I don't even like Bourbon except this one. This one I can drink straight which is a requirement of any drink I consume.
Mixing stuff is what makes you sick. Second choice would be Makers Mark. Good luck and tell your friend Happy Birthday.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Wild Turkey Special Breed is a little more than I like to pay for a bottle, but it's supposed to be fantastic.  Btw, my birthdays coming up...[:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Makers Mark had a bottle that I bought for friends at Christmas. It was a gold box & had a foil stamped label. The really cool thing was that the front label was blank. You just faxed what you wanted to say to your frined to Makers Mark & they printed the label & shipped it to you. My buds were really impressed. Plus it is a good bourbon.
Scott
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Blanton's. Everything else is just mouth wash.

About $65 a bottle and well worth.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]
W. L. Weller 19 yr. old.  It's not even all that expensive ($40?).  

It helps that I prefer the flavor profile of W. L. Weller to begin with, from Old Weller to Antique Weller to Weller Centennial.  

I've tried all sorts of fancy single barrel bourbons, ultra-premiums, etc. and this gets my vote on taste alone. The fact that it is affordable is just a bonus.

Wouldn't you rather have a delicious 19 year old?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Bookers. 195 proof alcohol. Will definetly kill all of your ailments.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
A.H. Hirsch 16 or 20 Years.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Blanton's. Everything else is just mouth wash.

About $65 a bottle and well worth.
View Quote

Agreed with the Blanton's.

I pay a lot less for it though.  It's only about $35-$40 around here.

Maker's Mark is crap to anybody who is a serious bourbon drinker.  

Don't buy a bourbon that has been aged more than 10 years because it will taste pretty crappy.  Bourbon doesn't need to be aged as long as Scotch or Irish whiskys because bourbon is made with new barrels that have plenty of caramel in the char.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Blantons and Bookers are the best

Knob Creek, L&G Woodford Reserve, Jimbeam small batch, and Markers Mark are good.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't know anything about Bourbon [:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many times do I have to ask before someone will make my a smiley talking out it's ass?  It would be such am appropriate response to the BS above.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

How many times do I have to ask before someone will make my a smiley talking out it's ass?  It would be such am appropriate response to the BS above.
View Quote

Hey, if you like wheated bourbon, more power to you.  Maker's Mark is too sweet, too vanilla-tasting, and lacks character.  But that may just be me (and just about everybody else who drinks a lot of bourbon).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top