Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 7:36:59 AM EDT
[url]www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24831[/url]

© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

Long Chinese convoys were carrying armed Chinese Muslim servicemen through northwest China into Afghanistan to support the Taliban militia prior to today's U.S. offensive, according to the intelligence sources of DEBKA-Net-Weekly.

The DEBKA sources report the troop strength of the Chinese columns at between 5,000 and 15,000. The first troops reportedly crossed the border Friday.

The troop movements are reported along the ancient Krakoram Road to the Afghan-Pakistani border, through the Kulik Pass of Little Pamir, which is situated in one of the highest and most remote regions of the world.

Beijing is reportedly deploying this force in two places:

1. Whakyir, the Kirgyz tribal encampment near the Little Pamir-Tadjik frontier, opposite the swelling concentration of U.S. and Russian Special Forces and air strength. The Chinese have brought with them Kirgyz fundamentalist militants from the Ferghana Valley of Central Asia, as interpreters. From Whakyir, the Chinese generals believe, with bin Laden's and the Taliban's tacticians, they will be able to block off the movement of the U.S.-led force from its rallying point in Dzhartygumbez, Tadjikistan, no more than 35 miles from Little Pamir, into the mountains of Hindu Kush.

2. Jalalabad in north Afghanistan, at the foot of the Hindu Kush range. DEBKA's Chinese sources say that, immediately after the terrorist strikes in the United States Sept. 11, the Chinese intelligence service, MSS, handed in to the defense ministry in Beijing its estimation that the U.S. would go to war to overthrow the Taliban regime, for the sake of which it would sign a pact with Russia. The Chinese leadership viewed this eventuality as the most significant shift in the global balance since the 1962 Chinese-Russian feud, with dangerous implications for China's world standing and its interests in Central and Southwest Asia. Beijing reportedly concluded such an alliance must be counteracted.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope this is just bad information/intelligence on the part of WorldNetDaily.....Germany is only a few hours away from that S###...................

[uzi] Bin Laden

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe Chinese imperial expansionism.  A little add-on to the homestead.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I do not trust China at all.  We should be watching them like a hawk during all of this.  I fully expect them to try and take as much territory as possible, especially Taiwan, by force while we're busy.  The UN will do nothing about an attempt on Taiwan because China has blocked the UN from acknowledging them as a country for years because they are considered a rogue breakoff province.  China wants Taiwan back, and I fully expect them to do whatever is in their power to get them back.  I'm quite concerned that this is all going to end very badly, and go far beyond just Islamic terrorism.

Not to bring this up again, but you guys remember the Nostradamus prediction about the Chinese and Muslims working together to bring about WW3.  As much as I don't like to believe in those things, it's damn spooky.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt this report very much- why would Communist China, who have millions of Muslims living in Xianjang, want to sponsor an Islamist revolution next door to it, when they have their own problems with native Islamist rebels(bombings, revolts, hijackings) already in Western China? It doesn't make sense. If anything, short-term, it would be in our interest if there were an Islamist revolt in China, to tie the Chinese down. Of course, if the revolt succeeds, then the cure might prove worse than the disease.

Which is more of a danger to us? Islamism or China?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Have we got a conformation on this yet??

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Well if China gets into it. Maybe Saddam will feel brave and jump in also so we can nuke the bastard. The bad thing is that if China get into it, it ups the ante quiet a bit. All we could hope for is for Russia to keep backing us. I also hope that this war ends quickly. If it drags on for more than a yr in Afghanistan and start taking casualties, I don't think the rest of the American people will continue support for this action.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#9]
World Net Daily looks to be like a rag.  Perhaps in the ilk of the enquirer.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#10]
b.s.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Its hard to say, but logic would dictate that it is false since China just won the bid for the olympics and is still trying to get into the WTO.  I would be inclined to say that it is horses@@t
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
b.s.
View Quote

That's what I thought, but nevertheless, it shouldn't be discounted in these times.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#13]
The link that the article came from was an Israeli site I believe ( offered Hebrew text as well). If it was the Israeli version of some U.S. "right wing" sources ( I mean uncredible, "everything is a conspiracy" type sources) we can only guess the level of credibility. I went to some Pakistani and Indian news websites and their was no mention of China anything - other then China condemning the attack. Pakistan's military is on extremely high alert because of percieved threats from India though. Who knows where all this s### is going to leave us at when all is said and done?    

Do I trust China at all? No. But if this was true just call it World War III and be done...I would keep a vigilant eye on China though....
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#14]
As MacArthur said in Korea we should Nuke China and be done with them. Damned Truman wouldn't let him and now we are stuck with China.

China armed Cuba, etc. They cannot be trusted. They may move to retake Taiwan. They will definitely arm anybody against America. They will claim no responsibility since they were "Volunteers". China should be done away with.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Lordtrader, DEBKA is a very unreliable source of information.  They have a definite agenda when it comes to any information on Muslim countries or activities.  And they don't mind stretching the truth, if they think it will further their agenda.

It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY the PRC would support the Taliban.  As someone else already pointed out, the PRC has enough of their own problems with Islamic seperatists in their western provinces.

What is MORE LIKELY, is that the PRC is sending troops to the border areas of the western provinces to to make sure the problems don't spill over into their territory.

DaMan  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#16]
A caller to a local talk-show brought up the article by DEBKA about the Chinese troops.  The local channel has access to all the news services.  They checked it out and it was dismissed as BS!

They also stated that DEBKA sources "were out there with the Enquirer" when it came to accurate reporting.

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top