Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:03:21 AM EDT
So tell me, when exactly has there ever been world peace? when on gods green earth has the whole world ever gotton along?

personaly I don't think humans are supposed to get along. conflict is the natural state of the human condition.

even when not engauged in mortal combat we find (create conflict) things to fight about.

take for example,

WORK- you have office politics, people gossiping about sh*t they have no clue as to the truth but will spread it around just for entertainment (occasionaly it does lead to violence)

RELATIONSHIPS- have there ever been two mates that have not fought over something? I mean ther's money, the kids, alone time, working too much, EXPENSIVE HOBBIES, and the ever popular infidelity.

SPORTS- this is the "civilized" conflict that allowes humans to act out their feelings of combat without reducing the worlds population. however the riots that ensue afterword are just and extension of those feelings off the feild.

CRIME- this one practicaly speaks for it's self , but bears mentioning, you have those that feel that they are owed something and will take it from another or the jelousy of someone haveing more than another and they will take it, by force if neccissary. drugs, well an easy profit never discouraged the hunter from takeing easy game, doesn't matter who gets hurt in the long run (ie buffalo, whales etc.)

then this brings us to the granddaddy of them all....

WAR- wars have been fought over big things like land for your people to expand and have food, crops timber etc. wars have been fought over intangable things like religion, after all you can't touch religion, you can't eat religion, religion won't keep you warm in the winter or shade you from the sun in the summer, you can't drink religion, but we sure as (hell) will kill each other over it.

so being the spiritual person that I am (not religious) I do believe in a higher power, a creating being that has a plan for us humans, an all knowing plan. and I don't believe that plan includes peace. I believe we are a planet of "conflict". it is the natural state of our existance.

nevermind all of the natural ways a human can die, disease, accidents, preditors, insects, reptiles, etc.

So I say we as a human race should embrace conflict and may the stronger, smarter, more determined examples of the human being prevail. as it is in the wild with the lion and the antelope, shark and seal, snake and mouse.

you want to start some sh*t.......ok, lets see who wins, good luck bastard.

this is dedicated to all of those instigators and bleeding hearts who refuse to acknowledge the obvious and actually create more striff in the world than they solve.

you got a problem? lets solve it wild west style, in the street at high noon, fastest gun wins.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:04:27 AM EDT
Let's see.....

Probably right after the Great Flood, and even then they had to deal with their wives....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:07:39 AM EDT
"The history of the human race is war. Except for brief and precarious interludes there has never been peace in the world."

-Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:09:49 AM EDT
Peace is a momentary event that happens immediately after you eliminate your designated enemy and search for another.

Overrated illusion.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:14:46 AM EDT
"Wars happen because the Have-Nots want what the Haves have..."

- Mr. Brody, my HS history teacher.

He was right, of course, and there will always be Haves and Have-Nots.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:19:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 8:19:25 AM EDT by mjohn3006]
Adam.

As soon as Eve got here it all went downhill.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:38:50 AM EDT
Visualize Whirled Peas

So said the bumper sticker I've seen around here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:43:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 10:44:06 AM EDT by osprey21]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:31:30 AM EDT
heh, you guys crack me up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:46:37 AM EDT
We'll have peace when you answer to the burning of the West Mark, and the slaine woman and children who lie there!
We'll have peace when the bodies of the dead at the gate of the Hornburgh, who were hewn as they lay there, are avenged!
We'll have peace when you are hanging from a gibbit for the sport of your own crows!

Billster
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:48:23 AM EDT
Forget world peace. Get a bunch of airline tickets, a ton of cash, a big box of condoms and go for world piece (as in pie).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:55:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 11:56:04 AM EDT by motown_steve]

Originally Posted By bilster:
We'll have peace when you answer to the burning of the West Mark, and the slaine woman and children who lie there!
We'll have peace when the bodies of the dead at the gate of the Hornburgh, who were hewn as they lay there, are avenged!
We'll have peace when you are hanging from a gibbit for the sport of your own crows!

Billster

The Two Towers.

Those books were so relevant that it was scary!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:04:02 PM EDT
World Peace?
You trying out for the Miss America contest?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:09:36 PM EDT
"Peace" is that period used to reload.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:43:09 PM EDT
^^^^^^^^ EXACTLY^^^^^^ AND RESUPPLY
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:12:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
Let's see.....

Probably right after the Great Flood

Would that be the Great Flood where 500 year old Noah, who gathered thousands and thousands of species of fauna from areas of the world he didn't know existed, millions of insect species, built a boat big enough to haul all of them, food stores (including exotic vegetation) for every animal (including prey for the carnivores), clean water, provisions enough for 6 months, and then set about feeding daily 750,000 animals, 25 million insects, and disposing of the wastes with only his wife, and 6 kids on a boat 450 feet long?

That flood?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:23:53 PM EDT
you know, swingset does make a good point about that "story"
Top Top