Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 3:48:18 PM EDT
"If the Republican's aren't crying foul and people aren't proposing lawsuits, then the Senate Democrats behavior must not have been that bad."

That's what I heard today, and is likely the opinion of most people in WI regarding Risser's dictatorial actions.  

Are they right?  Why isn't Zien et al in front of the camera's charging inappropriate behavior?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
But they are crying "foul". At least lots of people and newspapers are. Those you heard from just aren't aware of it yet. If Zien and the other Republicans go public with crys of foul, people will likely ignore it...as politicions always complain about the tactics of the "other side". Too much "crying wolf" for people to take it seriously when the real "wolf" shows up. But when a whole bunch of citizens start making waves, rocking the boat, and stirring up shit...then others tend to listen. Don't just sit on your hands and preach to the choir. Write a letter to your local paper telling them how pissed you are at how your rights to equal representation were violated.

Here's a link to a letter I brought in person to my local paper. Handed it directly to the editor
(very pro-gun guy) and he said he's printing it.
I posted it on another board today, over here: http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68490

If you don't want to write your own, feel free to use mine. But do something, anything... be polite but forceful. Emphasize the screwing we got through improper procedures, not the "gun" issue itself. Don't look like just another "gun nut"...no "from my cold dead fingers" crap...that just hurts, not helps.

BTW, If you hear of any lawsuits, let me know. I'll put my name on the list of any class action suit. I don't have the money to hire a lawyer by myself, or I would sue them for denying me my constitutional right of fair and equal representation... or whatever else anybody can think of.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a live link to my letter (I hope this one's live, this board doesn't have a "preview", and I'm a gun nut, not a computer geek.)

[url]http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68490[/url]

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice letter. I am sending it, with a few of my own thoughts added, to every email address I can find at the Journal Sentinal.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top