Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:42:11 PM EDT
My wife and i were discussing a possible future move out of  Florida in the next couple of years.  We are looking to get away from the rising property taxes and home owners insurance along with the hurricanes and an ever increasing influx of people moving to the sunshine state. Not to mention we'd like to be able to better communicate with our neighbors, store clerks, restaurant servers and others we come in contact with being that English is seldom spoken anymore.  In spite of it's problems, Florida has many good points but its getting time to make a change. Any information on taxes, insurance, climate, housing costs, gun laws, quality of life or any feelings either positive or negative about the state you live in would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]

TN is pretty nice.  Also has no income tax (like FL), is pretty gun-friendly, and cost of living is not too high unless you live in-town in Nashville.  

No real natural disasters to speak of - unless you count country music.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
TN is pretty nice.  Also has no income tax (like FL), is pretty gun-friendly, and cost of living is not too high unless you live in-town in Nashville.  

No real natural disasters to speak of - unless you count country music.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've given up on recommending Texas, even though it's my home.  Same problem, English is phasing itself out.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It's so bad down here that  people will come into my office and ask for a spanish speaker and when i tell them we have none about 90% of the time they start speaking fluent english.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Forget Utah. The govt owns 75% of the state. The natives  have sold out to Robert Redford and his Kalifornia buddies. English is becoming the second language here too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
TEXAS
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
If you don't mind a 4 month winter and an almost polar opposite move from Fla, Idaho could be a good choice for ya.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide.

Make a stand. We can't win shit without Florida.

If you do move, move to a competitive state. Make your vote count.  Idaho is so overwhelmingly red it is a joke.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Your welcome right up the road brother, in L.A. .............. Lower Alabama  ! ! !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top