Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 8:51:43 AM EDT
I am not sure but on CNN they just said France has agreed to back us?  I did not hear it all.  If so send them first,  less of a loss to society....[grenade]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
"French President, Jacques Chirac met with Bush on Tuesday, promising "complete solidarity.""

--USA Today  Wed, Sept 19th 2001

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#2]
France never said they would not support us.  They said they would not commit troops to the effort(do we really want the frogs with us anyway?).  I have not heard them say that they will comit troops.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Same happened yesterday with Italy.  Full support, including military.

Bush and Co. are tellin' them how it is and that he means it.

"With us or Against Us.  period!"

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Fu@k the french.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone remember the Bugs Bunny character 'Blaques Jacques Shellaques' (aka Black Jack Shellac)?

Blaques Jacques Chirac   LOL!!!

Those french pussies couldn't support 2 A-cups without help.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They said they would not commit troops to the effort(do we really want the frogs with us anyway?).
View Quote

Doesn't their military manual just say "Let them take Paris?"
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep.......France supports us but they had no choice really.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Endless denounciations and now French "solidarity." Japanese newspaper editorials are calling on us to not retaliate. How many true friends do we really have in the world? (UK!) I think you know the answer to that one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The French are "behind us all the way"? Better make sure your pants are zipped up all the way- front AND back...... :^)
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
And watch out for accidental discharges when they drop their guns behind our lines as they run for their lives!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Who gives a crap.  I say drop a couple "accidently" on France as payback for the boys we lost bombing Libya.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Doesn't their military manual just say "Let them take Paris?"
View Quote

I was in Paris about 18 months ago.  I kept noticing all these military looking dudes standing around with automatic rifles and body armor.  I asked a friend of mine (who is French) if something was going on.  He was puzzled for a minute because he didn't realize who I was talking about.  Then it hit him.  "Ceux-là sont seulement la police." (Those are just the police.) he said.  Two days after we left a car bomb exploded in downtown Paris.  Y'all may think their pussies, but the French don't fuck around with terrorist.  The only thing that suprises me is that it took them so long to 'officially' back us up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#13]
It would be best if we didn't need anyone elses troops, ours certainly have the motivation and are mostly eagar to kick a$$. If we take troops from our allies I'd rather have troops from the Germans than the French as I think that the German social environment tends to produce better soldiers. I also have a lot of respect for the way the German police deal with terrorists.
 When I was there(early '70s) I saw the typical Polizei road block routine several times. Two or three officers with a VW parked alongside the road would flag traffic to stop and be checked out. Didn't look like much if you didn't spot the belt fed machine gun and crew about 50 feet away.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#14]
They are either with US or against US!

Lynn  [-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Those Frenchmen and Italians are funny fellows.   A couple of days ago, officials from those governments were saying they were not going to do dick to help us.  Then yesterday the Italians say they are going to send troops and planes.  Now the French are onboard.  Either they have some misinsters who like to shoot their mouths off, or Bush is putting their feet to the fire.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Endless denounciations and now French "solidarity." Japanese newspaper editorials are calling on us to not retaliate. How many true friends do we really have in the world? (UK!) I think you know the answer to that one.
View Quote

After Hiroshima, the Japanese have been starkly anti-war in all forms.  Something about having an atomic weapon dropped on you makes you change your outlook on war I suppose.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I think we may have liberated France.  A couple of days ago they surrendered [}:D]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=53082[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top