Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2004 7:54:44 AM EDT
Vote or die is dead. No one came to the polls. Rather's Memo did not work. The Missing Explosives did not work. We still won. And Every Vote Counted. Even in a state like mine (Maine).
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Time for them to die?

Where do I PayPal my donation for their "special" KoolAid?  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
that had to be the dumbest catch phrase ever
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Roll over and Die would have been better
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It made for an awesome South Park episode though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Uh, rap sucks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I literally thought that line was a South Park joke until I saw people actually holding up signs saying that and some rapper wearing a shirt that said that.

Yeah, I must be out of it...

-Garor
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#7]
First time I saw this I got confused...I thought they were talking about that old Nintendo game "SKATE or die".

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess too many people that listen to and idolize rappers realized that they had get off their lazy asses to go and vote.

I can see it now:

"Disenfranchised voters claim it's unfair that they have to do any work at all to vote. Their thoughts should count".
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know where you're getting your info because the voter turnout was huge this year.....but everyone knows that you can't win an election depending on minorities......because they're the minority (duh)

I don't think it was really an anti-Bush campaign or pro-Kerry campaign being as it didn't endorse a specific canidate......though most minorities do vote Dem......The Vote Or Die campaign I think succeeded in getting young people conscious of the election and will probably get those same people who voted this time to vote again in 4 years
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
If we are really lucky, one of P-Diddys fellow rap scumbags will off him soon!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Vote or Die, didn't work.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
First time I saw this I got confused...I thought they were talking about that old Nintendo game "SKATE or die".

www.nesfiles.com/NES/Skate_or_Die/Skate_or_Die_cart.jpg

that's some old school shit right there.

vote or die, lol.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess all the young voters decided to die instead.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't know where you're getting your info because the voter turnout was huge this year.....but everyone knows that you can't win an election depending on minorities......because they're the minority (duh)

I don't think it was really an anti-Bush campaign or pro-Kerry campaign being as it didn't endorse a specific canidate......though most minorities do vote Dem......The Vote Or Die campaign I think succeeded in getting young people conscious of the election and will probably get those same people who voted this time to vote again in 4 years

It was clearly intended to get the voters most likely to vote Democrat to the polls.

As far as "depending upon minorities" goes, one could argue that had Janet Reno behaved differently with respect to a certain Cuban boy, Gore would have netted hundreds of Cuban votes, likely altering the outcome in 2000. And the same argument can be made with respect to gun owners. You have to realize that the election was only going to be split by a few % points, and changes in minority voting behaviour could have large impacts in the outcome.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What are you - R*****d? The Vote or Die campaign is MTV Backed. They are definitely not in Bush's corner.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Vote or die sounded alot like it was cleverly trying to say:
Vote or be drafted.  Losers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Heh.. heh... I voted!!  

And GW won!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you - R*****d? The Vote or Die campaign is MTV Backed. They are definitely not in Bush's corner.

Vote or Die did have some impact on the voter turnout, but mostly in uncontested states like NY so it didn't make or break the election.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top