Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/14/2004 4:34:42 AM EST
I heard on the radio yesterday that the city of Milwaukee is requesting extra ballots for this election.

They've asked for three times as many ballots as there were people who voted in 2000.

WTF

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:40:45 AM EST
I don't know about Milwaukee, but I know in Indianapolis they ran short on ballets in the primaries and have requested more ballets for the election so the same thing doesn't happen.
Increased voter registration, people like myself who rarely vote but remain registered, lots of folks wanting to vote this year, it's an important election.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:41:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:
I don't know about Milwaukee, but I know in Indianapolis they ran short on ballets in the primaries and have requested more ballets for the election so the same thing doesn't happen.
Increased voter registration, people like myself who rarely vote but remain registered, lots of folks wanting to vote this year, it's an important election.

Apparently the number they requested here is several hundred thousand more than there are people of voting age in the city.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:43:24 AM EST
Well, they would certainly need extras for replacements due to errors, but hundreds of thousands more than would be used if EVERYONE voted seems a bit excessive to me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:44:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:

Apparently the number they requested here is several hundred thousand more than there are people of voting age in the city.

then yes I would say I smell a rat.
Can I say I hope the rat is rebuplican?!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:59:49 AM EST
When I vote, I always take about 5 ballots.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:11:04 AM EST
According to the liberal nut at work the real problem is that the Republican Secretary of State is refusing to give them ballots in order to prevent the Democrats from voting. It's a vast right wing conspiracy to prevent them from voting and that the concern of voter fraud is laughable.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:29:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 5:31:13 AM EST by Dolomite]
That's very close, SWIRE, to what people are saying - but the "Repug" in the hot seat is the Milw. County Executive.

www.jsonline.com/news/metro/oct04/266457.asp

Co. Exec. Walker got elected becuase he promised to squeeze blood out of every nickel the tax payers entrusted him with - he's just trying to save $42,000 - which is admirable.

To be honest tho - the voter turn out is expected to be huge - and the question that needs to be answered is that come November 3rd, does Milwaukee need to be in the national spotlight because we're holding up Wisconsin's electoral votes due the fact that a few poll stations in Milwaukee ran out of paper ballots?

IMO, Walker should cave in on this one a little bit, offer to give them half of the ballots they want, and then go and find a cheaper way for people to vote!

So now here's the situation - why are wards that have already requested extra ballots requesting more now? Because they're freaked out!

Mayor (for life, or until he's caught in sexual harassment case) Tom Barrett is making a lot of new friends early on it seems.
Top Top