Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2002 7:19:22 PM EDT
I recently moved to the Smithfield, VA area (45 min north west of Norfolk and about an hour south of Richmond) My question is does anyone know of ranges in my area? Or even a field that "everyone" shoots at? I've looked on the web, no luck, and haven't found a local gun store yet. I already belong to VA Outdoor range way south, it's over an hour and a half drive now which kind of sucks.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't think of any out there.  The VB outdoor range IS a pretty long haul from there.  Your best bet would be to find a very local gunshop and ask them.  

Ross  
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Most people out your way dont pay to use a range.

The backyard is the range.

We have a few indoor ranges in VA Beach and Norfolk. Thats a long way to go.

In chesapeake there is a club thats about 35 min or less from the plants.
You have to join to use it,It was worth it to me.  

Check it out  www.ncrr.net

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Chickahominy Wildlife Management Area.  I'm not sure how far it is from you though.

[url]http://www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/wma/chickahominy.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Best bet would be to ask at the local feed store how to get a hold of someone in any one of the local hunt clubs.  

In small towns (I live in Holland), word of mouth is better than the phone book or internet.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, it is a nice range.  I just wish I could shoot my rifle standing up there.  I usually try to go on a Friday afternoon...much less crowded.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quantico.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top