Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 5:13:58 AM EDT
hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/portal/_pagr/113/_pa.113/318?view=LocalNewsArticleView&articleId=218040

Virginia Ranks Poorly in Treatment of Muslims  Top Stories  
05/04/2004 06:34:27

(Washington, DC) -- The number of hate crimes against Muslims in Virginia as well in as the rest of the U.S., continues to spike. The Council on American-Islamic Relations says such crimes were up 28 percent in Virginia last year. It also says the Old Dominion is the third most discriminatory state against U.S. Muslims in the country. Only, California and New York rank worse. The group's research director Dr. Mohamed Nimer (NIH-mer) says some Americans don't distinguish between terrorists and Muslims, and talk radio shows often fuel the prejudice.  Nimer also says the Bush administration and other political leaders have been ineffective in pushing the message that only a tiny minority of Muslims are terrorists. He's calling for a Congressional hearing into the matter. Nimer notes some progress, though, saying passenger profiling and unreasonable searches have decreased.

If Nimer and his group would get off their ass and denouce the Muslims terrorists a little louder and more often. Hey how about turn a few in to the cops. What is he bitching about ? Not that the USA is under attack around the world, NO. He is bitching he is not being treated fairly not how much he is outraged at his fellow Muslims.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they (95% of all muslims, with exceptions noted on this board) should quit hating US. Reap what you sow, and all that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey it is a free country.  They don't like the treatment, they are free to leave.  Go back to your own country.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:24:22 AM EDT
[#3]
You go Virginia!!!

If every state ranked poorly...we'd have alot less of them smelly little demons.

Of course...there is something to be said about a target rich environment
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
DAMN! Only #3?!?! C'mon guys, we can do better than that! We gotta beat CA & NY!!

Living here in the DC Metro area, I can't say that I've heard anything from them denouncing their fellow Muslims who are
committing the various terroristic acts. Just a snivel-fest from his bunch.

There is supposed to be a rather sizeable Islamic school/mosque built in my area sometime in the near future. Damn I hope
I've moved by the time that's in place...... And, of course, anybody who protested against it was labeled "RACIST" or some such BS.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Headline: "Islam worldwide ranks poorly in treatment of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Animists..."

And who the faaq takes anything CAIR says seriously? They are staunch defenders of Islamist scumbags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:26:37 AM EDT
[#6]
"Dr. Mohamed Nimer (NIH-mer) says some Americans don't distinguish between terrorists and Muslims, and talk radio shows often fuel the prejudice."

I didn't know there WAS any difference.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]
CAIR's mad VA busted those Muslim militiants last month and convicted them.

You should take this news as a point of pride.  Ann Coulter's last article said something to the effect "I want to see what airline has had the most civil rights law suits filed against it for discriminating against Arabs.  That's probably the safest airline to fly."

Like many of you, I carefully reviewed the lawsuits against the airlines in order to determine which airlines had engaged in the most egregious discrimination, so I could fly only that airline. But oddly, rather than bragging about the charges, the airlines heatedly denied discriminating against Middle Eastern passengers. What a wasted marketing opportunity! Imagine the great slogans the airlines could use:

"Now Frisking All Arabs – Twice!"

"More Civil-Rights Lawsuits Brought by Arabs Than Any Other Airline!"

"The Friendly Skies – Unless You're an Arab"

"You Are Now Free to Move About the Cabin – Not So Fast, Mohammed!"

www.anncoulter.org
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Virginia?.....Nooooo Waaaayyyyy!

Virginia is for lovers.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Virginia is for lovers.

Yeah, of breathing! That's why I can't stand the bastage.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Nimrod complains that the entirety of Islam is being unfairly labeled due to a handful of terrorists.  What about his labeling an entire state as unfriendly to Muslims due to the actions of maybe two people.   I sure haven't heard of any attacks against Muslims and they are all mainly centered around Herndon, near where I live.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
One more reason why I love living here

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nimrod complains that the entirety of Islam is being unfairly labeled due to a handful of terrorists.  What about his labeling an entire state as unfriendly to Muslims due to the actions of maybe two people.   I sure haven't heard of any attacks against Muslims and they are all mainly centered around Herndon, near where I live.

People are generally hypocrites if allowed to go unchallenged.  I sure wish more journalists would counter with the above point instead of just letting a guy like that rant.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#13]
THere is an Iranian woman (who is hot!!) that lives in my apt complex.
She has been here for 10 years, and loves AMerica.
I have no problems with her, and she has ADAPTED to OUR culture (wears regular clothes) and has a job and is raising a daughter. She is so Americanized that she is even divorced.

Need to ask her out sometime....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Boo fuckin Hoo!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Virginia Ranks Poorly  Well in Treatment of Muslims

Thare. I fixed the headline
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top