Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:13:08 PM EDT
Has anyone else had this thing just pop up on your computer? I had a box pop up on the lower right side of the screen congratulating me on my installation of the Viewpoint Toolbar. I had just booted up. When I opened IE, there it was, taking over all of my stuff. I have been working on taking this thing off but what a pain in the a$$. I manage the PCs at my office so I am very cautious of spyware, worms, viruses, etc. so I know I did not let this thing in on purpose. Just curious if anyone else has seen this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I had just booted up. When I opened IE, there it was, taking over all of my stuff.

I hate to sound like a pusher, but stop using IE, seriously. Its not worth the aggrivation. If you must for some bizarre reason, use Spyblaster it prevents that crap from even happening.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
googlage found their website

How do I uninstall Viewpoint Toolbar?

Follow the provided steps to uninstall Viewpoint Toolbar:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows. If you also have AOL and or AIM installed on your computer, you must close those applications.
  2. From the lower left corner of the desktop, click the Start menu.
  3. Click the Settings menu and select Control Panel (switch to the Classic View if using XP). Your selection opens a separate window.
  4. From the Control Panel window, click Add or Remove Programs. Your selection opens a separate window.
  5. From the Add or Remove Programs window, find the Viewpoint Toolbar entry and click the Change/Remove button. All associated files and folders will be removed from your computer.

Note: If you have any browser windows open while uninstalling Viewpoint Toolbar, you will continue to see the toolbar in those windows. Any browser window you open after uninstalling the toolbar will not contain the toolbar.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, did the uninstall from the add/remove but I have probably found 20 or so remnants in the registry and files place all over the hard drive. The main reason I use IE is because I have a hard enough time teaching the people at work how to use/maintain the software that we use. When I upgrade one PC, I do them all so that I don't have to try and remember all of the different versions and makes. I have to fix so much stuff on them now, I really hate to introduce anything new on them. I have serious considered changing them over to something different and making them suck it up. FireFox seem to be the best alternative?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FireFox seem to be the best alternative?

If they are used to IE then yes, same basic layout. they will have no trouble switching.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top