Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 6:14:16 PM EDT
I don't need to do anything fancy, just the ability to edit out parts of videos and maybe move segments around if I don't want them to play in the order I shot the video.  I also need to be able to put up text at the bottom of the video.  Will just about any software do this?  It doesn't seem like too much to ask for, but I'm debating buying a Mini DV camera and don't want it if I have to spend a small fortune on software to edit video or if it takes days to do it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Adobe Premier would do everything you want, and quite a bit more (overkill, as it were, for what you asked for).  However, there is quite a bit out there, often a lot of it has shareware/demo versions you can download or play with first.

I'd suggest some of pinnacle systems ([url]www.pinnaclesys.com[/url]) software, especially "Studio 7"  or its replacement (haven't looked lately) as its pretty simple and fairly easy to learn, although not as "powerful" as some of the other offerings.  Their stuff is also fairly reasonably priced too.

HTH,
-FOTBR
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
videowave is good and is ussualy bundeled in with most capture cards.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Adobe Premier would do everything you want, and quite a bit more (overkill, as it were, for what you asked for).  However, there is quite a bit out there, often a lot of it has shareware/demo versions you can download or play with first.

I'd suggest some of pinnacle systems ([url]www.pinnacleys.com[/url]) software, especially "Studio 7"  or its replacement (haven't looked lately) as its pretty simple and fairly easy to learn, although not as "powerful" as some of the other offerings.  Their stuff is also fairly reasonably priced too.

HTH,
-FOTBR
View Quote

Adobe Premier is the way to go.  That way if you do get more advanced you wont have to buy more software.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies.  Looks like the Pinnacle stuff is good and not too expensive.  The Adobe program looks great, but $500 is a bit much.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#8]
The one I found was studica.com.  $199.95 for the full student version of Premiere.  Educational version doesn't include photoshop, i guess.  

If you've never done video editing, it might be a bit daunting.  Just goof around with it till you feel comfortable with the interface.  Practice all the cool things, look on Adobe's website for some cool tips on using premiere.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top