User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2018 10:09:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]

The video sucks more than sovereign citizens

Edit: Wait there at two videos on the same page. The one that originally played for me was just the shooting, not the encounter from the beginning.

Sovereign Citizens still suck though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
meh.

hard to top that shooting through the windshield one from a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Did he have something in his hand? She capped him
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I stand by my First post.  Both videos suck more than sovereign citizens as the videos are edited.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
No good deed goes unpunished.

Dog catcher kills good Samaritan.

Great.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
All this because the fucking idiot didn't want to show his license, reminds me of the retards that dont want to show receipts at the door at Walmart...pretty fucked up shoot though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Meanwhile, Woodruff last summer testified that the trauma from the shooting helped end her career. She retired in 2015.

"What caused your PTSD?" asked attorneys in the suit during a deposition. "The shooting," she said.

Woodruff had been stationed at the shelter for five years before the shooting. She testified that she has been on disability since leaving the force.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did he have something in his hand? She capped him
View Quote
Looks like the male cops taser.

He dropped it pretty quick after that gut shot. Pretty gutsy move with the cop behind him
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, that didn't turn out the way he thought it would.

I can't even think about what those kids are going through.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no idea what was going on in those videos.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks like the male cops taser.

He dropped it pretty quick after that gut shot. Pretty gutsy move with the cop behind him
View Quote
If he took the cops taser it's a justified shoot
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#14]
The last thing that man heard was the screaming of his children all because he was a fucktard.  Low educated people who think James Wesley Rawls actually means anything outside of his stupid books.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Good shoot.

Behold my field of fucks...
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#16]
That guy must have thought he was in a free country.
He should have respected the authority
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Play stupid games and such! Just comply and live to raise your kids..
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
All this because the fucking idiot didn't want to show his license, reminds me of the retards that dont want to show receipts at the door at Walmart...pretty fucked up shoot though.
View Quote
Explain to me why a pound needs a drivers license?  So people with no drivers licenses cant turn in dogs?

He shouldn't have been combative
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
This Right here
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't get what the cop was trying to arrest him for.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like assholes and retards all around.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Wrestling with the police.....what could happen?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Explain to me why a pound needs a drivers license?  So people with no drivers licenses cant turn in dogs?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely should not have been combative;  but the shooter should never have been given a paycheck for carrying a firearm.

Sovereign citizens are idiots -  but this isn't 1943 in Warsaw either.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty much.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#25]
It appears the responding policeman is the one that needs to calm down.  I think he escalated the situation with his demeaner & attitude.  There was too much dick measuring going on there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I couldn't tell what was going on that lead up to the shooting.  Did he have the taser?  What a stupid thing to die over.  The side of the road (or the parking lot) is not the place to argue your case.  Ultimately, he was testing out his new sovereign citizen wings and flew too close to the sun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't get what the cop was trying to arrest him for.
View Quote
Show your drivers license or die. I would have showed a license or just told him I didn't have it on me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I have no idea, did she have a taser and then drop it, pull gun and fire mistakenly thinking she had a taser?  I ask because she basically did a contact shot to the stomach from what I could tell. Made no sense without more info.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only thing that does not require ID is voting; for everything else have you Driver's license or passport ready.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, he thought he was in fantasy land and he was the King dumbarse to whom laws do not apply. A Coke sounds right about now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Poor dog
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#32]
This article goes into much greater detail.

Sounds like there's some ambiguity over whether or not Lawrence (dead guy) got control of the taser or not.

At one point, Lawrence wriggled free and raced around his car. Rhodes fired the Taser at Lawrence, but the darts hit his coat. Rhodes handed the weapon to Woodruff. Once the darts are deployed, a Taser can be used in what is called drive stun mode. That means the weapon can be pressed against a subject to cause pain, but no longer can incapacitate someone.
View Quote
Rhodes wrote in his official report: "I was keeping the suspect tied up and felt two or three electrical charges through my right side. The suspect stopped struggling for a few moments. I asked him if he were done. He said no and began fighting again. A short time later I heard a gunshot. I held the suspect until he stated she shot me."

But the Use of Deadly Force Report by Officer Renee Skipper states: "Suspect armed himself with officer's taser and tried to use it on officers. The incapacitation of the officer would have given the suspect opportunity to gain control of his firearm and escalate the situation to deadly force on the officers."
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#33]
WTF?  In front of his kids, too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
About eight minutes before he would be shot, Lawrence can be heard telling his girlfriend in the front seat to record on her cellphone: "This will be good," he said.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
About eight minutes before he would be shot, Lawrence can be heard telling his girlfriend in the front seat to record on her cellphone: "This will be good," he said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trying to get paid and using his kids as props.  Didn't work out so well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The only thing that does not require ID is voting; for everything else have you Driver's license or passport ready.
View Quote
Papiere bitte.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#37]
You have to admire a guy who's willing to die for his beliefs.

Well.  Unless his beliefs are fucken retarded.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#38]
That’s a shit show, every last bit and by every person in the video.

But in the end, if you suddenly find yourself going hands on with the cops, you either comply immediately or run the risk of getting killed. The right or wrong of it no longer matters. Comply, or be made to comply.

Dumbass could have complied when the cop approached him, and he’d be alive today. Instead he decided to fight, fight some more and then keep on fighting. It was only a matter of time before shit went completely pear shaped.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If he took the cops taser it's a justified shoot
View Quote
I’m agreeing with ryann, must be time for bed!
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sounds like there's some ambiguity over whether or not Lawrence (dead guy) got control of the taser or not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

At one point, Lawrence wriggled free and raced around his car. Rhodes fired the Taser at Lawrence, but the darts hit his coat. Rhodes handed the weapon to Woodruff. Once the darts are deployed, a Taser can be used in what is called drive stun mode. That means the weapon can be pressed against a subject to cause pain, but no longer can incapacitate someone.
Rhodes wrote in his official report: "I was keeping the suspect tied up and felt two or three electrical charges through my right side. The suspect stopped struggling for a few moments. I asked him if he were done. He said no and began fighting again. A short time later I heard a gunshot. I held the suspect until he stated she shot me."

But the Use of Deadly Force Report by Officer Renee Skipper states: "Suspect armed himself with officer's taser and tried to use it on officers. The incapacitation of the officer would have given the suspect opportunity to gain control of his firearm and escalate the situation to deadly force on the officers."
Not good for the female cop.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:46:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Also this
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
They should shoot everyone that tries to drop off a pit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would assume a state ID would be fine also.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Should have just killed the dog himself. Now he's dead and the dog probably got put down anyway.

Sucks for his kids. They'll live their lives hating cops because they killed their dad for trying to help a lost puppy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I never saw anyone load another taser cartridge, so the whole taser defense wouldn't hold water. I saw the worthless female attempt several drive stuns with no effect. Looks like his kids will go to the college of their choice, then med or law school.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Should have just killed the dog himself. Now he's dead and the dog probably got put down anyway.

Sucks for his kids. They'll live their lives hating cops because they killed their dad for trying to help a lost puppy.
View Quote
Yea that is what happened.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone know why he had to show ID?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Papers, please.
When pressed about the crime itself, Woodruff said Lawrence wouldn't show a license.

"Is that your understanding of the law?" asked Sherrod during a deposition in August of 2017.
"Yes," she said.
"That just anytime you want to make a citizen produce a driver's license you can?" he asked.

Woodruff testified that she was afraid of Lawrence.
"I mean you were afraid to try and arrest him?"
She answered: "Absolutely." So she waited on backup.

"He never threatened you by gestures?" asked Sherrod.
"He threatened to sue me already early on," said Woodruff.
"Okay, you're not claiming that he was subject to arrest because he threatened to sue you right?"
"No of course not."
"He never threatened your physical person, right?
"Correct."
Then a couple minutes later: "You were scared, right?"
"Yes."
And then: "But it's not a crime for a citizen to make you uncomfortable, right?"
"No, but when they do, you take action."
"Did you shoot him because you were afraid there might be, he might have a gun?" asked Sherrod.
"No," testified Woodruff.

When pressed about the crime itself, Woodruff said Lawrence wouldn't show a license.
"You were already in fear of your life because you believed he was a sovereign citizen?" asked Sherrod.
"I felt there was a threat, a possible threat there."
View Quote
The guy claims being a sovereign citizen which makes the animal control officer feel uncomfortable, officer has to "take action." His crime was not showing a license at the animal shelter. In my non-LEO opinion while it may be technically justified I see it as a bad shoot. From reading the article at the time she had a personal issue with him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:34:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm confused. I always thought it was standard practice anytime you encounter a cop to wrestle them. I had heard that if you wrestle and win then they have to let you out of the ticket. I'm beginning to suspect that going hands-on with a cop may not be safe.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Another tazer grab.  Good shoot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top