BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5 years for slapping a guy twice? I want off this planet.
View Quote
5 years for being a cop, acting like a fucking asshole and being a shit bag?

If I was the judge, that fucker would have gotten fifty years.

Cops should be under more stringent standards than regular civilians. You take a fucking oath it should mean something.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
If he's killed in prison, we haven't lost a fucking thing worth mentioning.
Fuck him and anyone supporting him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
he'll be in PC his whole time
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WHY would you record that?
View Quote
Because you're a sociopath that doesn't think there will be any repercussions for your actions.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Patterson is pretty bad, just saying.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He should be fired and stripped of being a cop but  not 5 years of jail.
View Quote
Strongly disagree.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What is the officer that just stood there and watched get?
View Quote
Good question.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Patterson’s a shithole
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Greatest skit ever.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Standard St. Joe's bedside manner.

Good place to get treated for a gunshot though.
View Quote
I set the fire alarm off there once. I was told the section of building I was working in was disabled. First smoke I hit set the entire hospital off. Everyone was flipping out. People were screaming at me and I just laughed at them and said, "Well, if I was here for your convenience I wouldn't be testing the fire alarm."
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Re-read the part of Unintended Consequences where Henry was asking about the pictures Irwin Mann had of the Nazis.

"These are....re-enactments?"

"No, they are real. Those people were dead moments after. The Nazis were proud of what they were doing. They were not ashamed to take movies of it".

Same with those cops.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
50 years for slaps? Let's be reasonable. He should have been fired and gotten some time. 5 years in prison is a life ruiner and he can't ever be a cop again. I'm good with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops should be under more stringent standards than regular civilians. You take a fucking oath it should mean something.
50 years for slaps? Let's be reasonable. He should have been fired and gotten some time. 5 years in prison is a life ruiner and he can't ever be a cop again. I'm good with that.
There were more than slaps.  There's a 2nd video of the cop teeing of on him while he's in a wheelchair in the hallway.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/passaic/paterson/2019/03/27/video-paterson-nj-cop-beating-up-hospital-patient/3278641002/?fbclid=IwAR2bunQ-7Y2V6ZGKOUIMrkrhY8ZQQyO61LbasHedHkY4ZmcnaDZZbzjFygY
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]
What did the 5 fingers say to the face?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Must have called him papi.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Re-read the part of Unintended Consequences where Henry was asking about the pictures Irwin Mann had of the Nazis.

"No, they are real. Those people were dead moments after. The Nazis were proud of what they were doing. They were not ashamed to take movies of it".

Same with those cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with those cops.
This cop slapped a bitch and is paying the price.  Nazis invaded countries and rounded up Jews and murdered them.
This cop=Nazis schtick gets old.
And no, I'm not defending these cops.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He shouldn't get the same.  If an assault on an officer is a greater penalty because it's an attack on the institution then an officer breaking the law should be a greater penalty for the same reason.
View Quote
It is. It's called a civil rights violation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He shouldn't get the same.  If an assault on an officer is a greater penalty because it's an attack on the institution then an officer breaking the law should be a greater penalty for the same reason.
"Cops should be held to a higher standard, they should have higher penalties and raising minimum sentences!"

Yeah... its called official misconduct. Joe Average Citizen can't get charged with that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thats the 'good officer', they just stand and watch.
View Quote
I keep hearing about those.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#22]
"Stop Resisting"
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"Cops should be held to a higher standard, they should have higher penalties and raising minimum sentences!"

Yeah... its called official misconduct. Joe Average Citizen can't get charged with that.
View Quote
Yep...I had an officer under my caseload as a PO. What he did would have been simple assault and for a first time offender would have been a probation sentence for a regular person. The officer was found guilty of official oppression and the judge denied his parole multiple times in the restrictive part of his sentence even though he was a model inmate. Parole is generally automatic in PA at your minimum date unless you have many screwups. The officer got hammered because he was a public servant.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m disagreeing with the guy that says the officer should face the same penalty as a person doing it in a bar.

But thanks for adding that.  Although isn’t that a federal crime anyways?  I don’t think the default “held to a higher standard” function should be the fed’s responsibility.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Same with those cops.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Beat?  Merely slapped the sassyness out of him.
View Quote
Broke his cheekbone. Needed several surgeries as a result. Pretty cowardly and stupid thing to do, slapping some idiot Baker act patient laid out in a hospital bed. Not to mention recording it.

Not the smartest smurf in the village that one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
5 years for slapping a guy twice? I want off this planet.
View Quote
Look, some guy mouths off in the bar and you slap/punch him hard enough to cause blood to fly, there should be criminal charges, but ending in a fine and community service.

You walking through the hospital to deliver flowers to your sick Aunt and some suicidal patient mouths off 'fuck you fatty, come slam me I dare you' and you go over and you slap/punch him hard enough to cause blood to fly, there should be a lot harsher charges.

Now, you a nurse, doctor, cop, or some other person who is in authority over and should be caring for, and instead you 'just give him what he is asking for' you should absolutely get jail time.

*possible exception if right after the cop/doctor/nurse realizes they did wrong, and report the incident AND able to cite a reason why they weren't in their right mind and very mentally fragile such as maybe just learning they had cancer or something - then tell them 'this isn't the career for you' end their employment in such a way they can't work in the industry any more and charge them the same as you would a plumber who slapped some guy in a bar equally hard for insulting his wife/dog/favorite NASCAR driver.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I forgot to add the cop was also dealing drugs.

6 of them have been arrested recently in an FBI investigation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did the fbi find time to do something other than trying to over throw DJT?
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm on the same page, but he does deserve a little jail time.......
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He got locked up for dealing drugs. They only found out about the video when the feds went through his phone afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were more than slaps.  There's a 2nd video of the cop teeing of on him while he's in a wheelchair in the hallway.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/passaic/paterson/2019/03/27/video-paterson-nj-cop-beating-up-hospital-patient/3278641002/?fbclid=IwAR2bunQ-7Y2V6ZGKOUIMrkrhY8ZQQyO61LbasHedHkY4ZmcnaDZZbzjFygY
Great police work. Two assaults in one day on the same guy.

Life is an unfair bitch. You have actual good cops getting killed in the line of duty, doing actual heroic shit. Then you have pieces of shit like this one who puts on a tough guy act by whooping on a guy sitting in a chair, and then whooping on him again when he's laying in a hospital bed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Must have called him papi.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
So you can show it to your buddies.....

And to beat your meat to.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#35]
People given state power should not be allowed to abuse it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Came in late on this thread but does anyone know how much money the slapee will be receiving from tax payers? Is he set for life or was there no claim against the department?
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I think they should get longer sentences if convicted of drug dealing. The abuse should be a separate case too. None of it justifiable and they are no loss to the profession.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Policing in America has a real bully-with-a-badge problem.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#39]
The shitbird assaulting the person in the hospital is the least concern, we just have video of him

6 officers from the department were indicted for conducting illegal traffic stops and illegal searches and robbing their victims of cash and other items.  At least two of these officers also stole drugs and resold them.

6 out of 418 in the department is not a huge percentage, but it's significant.    The greater question is how many were doing the same and just didn't get caught.  Two three four times as many?

And how many knew about it but said nothing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What is the officer that just stood there and watched get?
View Quote
Then (officer who did filming Roger Then) pleaded guilty before Judge Walls on Dec. 6, 2018, to one count of misprision of felony for concealing civil rights violations. He is scheduled to be sentenced April 2, 2019.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Police are no different than anyone else.
Same faults....same temptations.

It doesn't help that after 9/11 we labeled all police/rescue/EMT types as "America's Heroes" that could do no wrong. Too many waving flags, interviews, children singing and sending thank you cards, beers bought, old ladies dropping off fresh baked cookies and of course....fucking bagpipes for some strange reason.
All that created a culture of, "We can do no wrong because we're above everyone else."
They're just human. Some good and unfortunately some bad.
But we as a country made it easier for the bad ones to think they are above the law.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This cop slapped a bitch and is paying the price.  Nazis invaded countries and rounded up Jews and murdered them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with those cops.
I'll tell you what gets old, your lack of reading comprehension and grasp of nuance. You already did it once in this thread. I expected you to do it with my post, too, because you're full of victim mentality.

I spoke specifically about bad people taking pictures of their bad actions. There was no further comparison with THOSE (I used that specific word) cops and Nazis than the fact that they were both proud to film their actions.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Policing in America has a real bully-with-a-badge problem.
View Quote
No it doesn’t. You watch cherry picked videos pushed by a hostile media that rarely actually portrays an incident correctly. GD is horrible at this.

Media saying something bad about trump? Fake news.
Media saying something bad about cops? JBT Nazi fucks, molon labe tyrants.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No it doesn’t. You watch cherry picked videos pushed by a hostile media that rarely actually portrays an incident correctly. GD is horrible at this.

View Quote
Please tell us what possible extenuating circumstance would justify the cop's actions.

It's not so much that there are a very few bad actors. It's the much larger number of ones who stand by and let it happen or, or worse yet, cover it up.

If there are the few incidents that were immediately brought to light by fellow officers policing their own, it wouldn't be nearly as problematic as the instances (such as this one) where it would never have been known if left up to the filming officer.

What's that saying cops use against non-cops when they catch someone breaking the law? "This isn't the only time he's done this. It's just the only time he's been caught".

Right?

You're right that the media and social mediums over exaggerate any issue. You're wrong to try to dismiss the problem using that logic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not saying this bad cop is totally representative of cops in general, but he's a symptom of a culture of hostility, escalation, and lying that is, unfortunately, very widespread.

There's too much youtube video out there to deny that there are too many cops who may not be criminals but are needlessly shitty, every day, to everyday people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Got caught this time but I gotta wonder what his video collection includes...
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck yes.

Beat is when you cuff 'em and thump 'em with a Mag light 'til the batteries fly out the end!

I miss the 80's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beat?  Merely slapped the sassyness out of him.
Fuck yes.

Beat is when you cuff 'em and thump 'em with a Mag light 'til the batteries fly out the end!

I miss the 80's.
No shit.  I mean there should totally be two sets of laws in this country...one set for entitled hero's such as cops and famous people like Jussie Smollett and then another for us lowly peasants. Right?

And if one us lowly peasants dares to disrespect the hero's authority they should definitely be allowed to beat us within an inch of our lives with a metal club until it breaks.  I mean come on....did you hear how mean those guys words were?  They were like super mean and I am sure his feelings were hurt.

We need more 1930's gestapo and a much larger police state....right officer?
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#49]
If I remember correctly, the guy lying on the hospital bed called 911 himself because he was suicidal and had some mental issues. The video of the bed assault was the second time the officer(s) assaulted him. When they first brought him in, the guy/victim either threw something or dropped something in the hallway of the hospital. When the victim, who was in a wheelchair, bent to retrieve it ... the cop grabbed the back of his neck and threw him to the floor and the guy split his face on the wall which is why he was bleeding, to begin with. He required a couple of surgeries (or one, can't recall) to put the orbital bones and shit back together in his face.

Considering that there is a pinned topic about suicide here on this very board ... I don't think smacking or shoving a suicidal person is the right thing to do ... no matter how much they're running their mouths begging you to do so.

Cop needs 10 years. Not five.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always warms my heart when the FBI nails corrupt cops.

As regards who can save us from corrupt FBI, that remains...problematic.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top