Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:00:02 PM EDT
After a guy gets a vasectomy operation, does it make him a lot more temperamental than he ever was?

When my 44 year-old brother in-law gets P.O.'ed, he punches things that are accessible to him.  For example,  just other day, his precious Audi A6 car hit the opened pantry door in the garage as he was backing in and it left a teeny-weenie dent near the top of the trunk door.  After he got out of the car, he started punching the pantry cabinet doors and left a few big holes.  He was like a 3 year-old having a temper tantrum.

The bro in-law's got a vasectomy operation a few years ago.  That's why I asked the question in the first place.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No, he's just  hotheaded asshole.  If they had cut his balls off he might have calmed down a bit though.

-K
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
just got my big V a week ago.  Have not punched out my pantry yet...but I did catch it looking at me wrong once...fucker.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
no prob here but 9 years later I got the reversal
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So did you change your mind or find a different woman who wanted kids?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

reach around?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Don't do it! Your breath is gonna start stinking.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the V done 14 years ago and your BinL sounds like a hot headed asshole that has anger management issues
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So did you change your mind or find a different woman who wanted kids?

diff woman
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't wait to have mine.  Probably around next St. Swithen's day.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Did it hurt? I've heard the reversal is way worse then the snip snip.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Eh, I'll leave my "lucky charms" intact and keep firing "live ammo". The wife is fixed so, hey, no worries and my pantry doors are safe.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
just got my big V a week ago.  Have not punched out my pantry yet...but I did catch it looking at me wrong once...fucker.

Sneaky bastards, huh!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Low testosterone will often cause aggression.  I know because it did for me after my accident at work.  If you talk to guys on HRT they'll often mention they found this to be true before they started HRT.  Maybe the surgery had some collateral damage.  If I was him, I'd get my test levels checked.  High estrogen can also cause guys to be emotional, which is often confused for aggression.  High levels of estrogen can cause reduced levels of testosterone, loss of muscle, fatigue, hair loss, increased body fat, loss of libido(and/or sexual function) and an enlarged prostate.  Long-term it can increase the risk of certain cancers, heart disease, and diabetes.  He can also needs to get his estrogen levels checked.  There are several cheap, but unfortunately only semi-legal, ways to control estrogen.

My great-nephew is 59, and weighed about 260# and typically had a blood sugar of about 225 most mornings.  One year after getting his estrogen level reduced back to normal, he has lost about 40# and his blood sugar is usually below a 100.  Some of his hair has also come back.  It's definitely something to thing about getting checked if you're over 55.z
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#15]
How does the ejaculate change post vasectomy, if at all?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag, since I'm wondering if I should go this route.

I'm not sure I want to have more children. I've fucked it up for the two angels I have, and I'm afraid of screwing up again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It doesnt
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesnt

How could it NOT change?  What about all the happy swimmers?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You'll need a microscope to tell the difference.  When there are no swimmers, the procedure was a success.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesnt

My Girlfriend was wondering about the taste after the procedure?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesnt

The fluid they swim in is what you see, the "happy swimmers" are single cell guys so they are never actually seen.  Don't worry, you can still "Blow your load"  in or on the Mrs. as you two like.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesnt

The fluid they swim in is what you see, the "happy swimmers" are single cell guys so they are never actually seen.  Don't worry, you can still "Blow your load"  in or on the Mrs. as you two like.

bukakke
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I have met quite a few people that have had this done and without a doubt the best way is to use the new clips they have out  absolutely zero down time or discomfort and much easier to reverse if needed or desired.  Check out www.vasclip.com
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Pretty much like egg nog.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#25]
A guy has a temper tantrum and you want to blame it on a small cut on his vas deferens that happened a few YEARS ago???

Ooooooooooooooooooook.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]
SO what is the going rate on a vasectomy?  Does insurance typically cover it?  I am guessing it does not, as it is an elective procedure.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
SO what is the going rate on a vasectomy?  Does insurance typically cover it?  I am guessing it does not, as it is an elective procedure.

coverage would depend on the insurance policy.

Some do cover it, maybe because they figure the cost of paying for a vasectomy is far less than to cover all expense related to a pregnancy and medical expenses until the child reaches 18.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont even want to know how you know this......
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You'd think the insurance companies would give you a bonus for doing it. In fact, they usually do in that they waive the deductable. Good business sense . . .

Best decision a married couple can make if they're done having kids! No more hassles or fears. I know of at least one couple that saw a serious improvement in the old lady's attitude following the snip.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Nice work. Keep an eye on that fucker.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
you need to just taser him

I had one done 2 years ago, what makes you more hot headed is that your kids are getting into more trouble.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard it tasted like chicken.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:30:49 AM EDT
[#33]
be careful with the HRT. friend had this done, and he lost 40# in a year. his nads also shrunk 40%, or so he said.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#34]
This topic makes my nuts hurt!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
This topic makes my nuts hurt!!!

+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#36]
the aprehension before the surgey is worse than the surgery itself.  Itis not that bad.  I even sat up and watched as he cut/cauterized my vas- was really cool.  

Do not load band equipment/amps/speakers for your friends the next day though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:48:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Mine costs $30..insurance covered the rest..Kids are $10,000+ per delivery and a hell of a lot of office visits so yes your insurance company would probably send a limo to take you to and from your vasectomy if you wanted.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
be careful with the HRT. friend had this done, and he lost 40# in a year. his nads also shrunk 40%, or so he said.

This would not be bad if your nad's weighed #20 to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont even want to know how you know this......

What, you've never tried eggnog?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#40]
mine cost 10 bucks through insurance.
got lasered.
much easier than going to the dentist.
i keep everything shaved now since and my wife gives me alot more attention down there also
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#41]
oh yea for you guys that have not had one and are planning on it.
your s.o. will be all for it then after a couple of months it will sink in that there are really no ties or consequences(unintended pregnancy) involved if you happen to stray.
so get ready for the your cheating on me guilt trip,but it will pass when she realizes you guys play hide the sausage so much you don't have enough left for a girlfriend on the side.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have met quite a few people that have had this done and without a doubt the best way is to use the new clips they have out  absolutely zero down time or discomfort and much easier to reverse if needed or desired.  Check out www.vasclip.com

I am curious if anyone here has had this done and what they think of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top