Every year, just before Memorial Day and Veterans Day, some of our national
cemeteries are vandalized and desecretated by individuals who detest the
United States and Americans who served our Nation. Each year it becomes the
duty of living veterans to protect the resting places of our fallen
comrades and relatives.

Please coordinate with your local veterans organization and national
cemetery on any assistance you, your church or your organization can
provide in ensuring that irresponsible and criminal vandals are prevented
from desecrating the resting places of America's heroes.

Thank you,
Phill Coleman
Senior Librarian
The American War Library

Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Do y'all have any idea what these animals do to the graves of Confederate soldiers?  Have you ever seen a Confederate monument that had the soldier's head cut off?  Even worse is these city "government officials" who make it policy to not care for the graves of Confederate soldiers.  You ain't seen nuthin' yet.  Very dark times are ahead my friends. Deo Vindice.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like somebody needs a good ole Singapore caneing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I guy I knew once told me about a rash of incidents involving desecrating cemetaries in his area one time and him and some buddies decided to do something about it. Granted these were't national cemetaries of nothing, but decided to deal with it themselve since the cops hadn't caught anybody. Him and some guys armed with baseball bats in the right place at the right time abruptly ended the problem. Yeah I know it was probably wrong in the eyes of the law but oh well. Maybe some concered citizens armed with louilville sluggers could prevent a tragedy like this from happening agian this year. I for one wouldn't lose any sleep over some fucking peice of shit being busted up while trying to desecrate the graves of people who fought and died for our rights, whatever may be left of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top