Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 9:59:22 PM EDT
Story of Uzza. I have heard some pretty strange explanations and excuses.

A. Did God kill him?

or

B. Was it just an intertretation biased from the writer who attributed a heart attack to Gods vengenance. Or something to that effect.

Whats your take, what do you believe and why?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
scripture?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Uzza died because he was not authorized to handle the ark of the covenant.  Only members of the priesthood could do that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Uzza died because he was not authorized to handle the ark of the covenant.  Only members of the priesthood could do that.

Wasnt Uzza a Kohathite? (SP?) part of the priesthood dedicated to handling the ark? I didnt think any human hand was allowed to touch the ark. One would think Uzza should have known better. I think God killed him like he said He would.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasnt Uzza a Kohathite? (SP?) part of the priesthood dedicated to handling the ark?

I'd have to do some homework to answer that question.

I didnt think any human hand was allowed to touch the ark. One would think Uzza should have known better. I think God killed him like he said He would.

I believe you're right.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasnt Uzza a Kohathite? (SP?) part of the priesthood dedicated to handling the ark? I didnt think any human hand was allowed to touch the ark. One would think Uzza should have known better. I think God killed him like he said He would.

A couple of considerations:

I am not aware of Uzzah's status as a priest, but this much we DO know --

1. Even priests who went before God without ceremonial cleansing were struck dead.
2. No man, not even the priests, was allowed to touch the Ark. The priests carried the Ark on poles that they threaded through holes formed on to the Ark.

In any event, Uzza should have known better than to touch the Ark. If he was a priest, then he ought to have known that God's ordained method for carrying the Ark was not on a cart, but on poles carried by ceremonially clean priests.

Any way you slice the event, Uzza was in the wrong. I happen to believe that when the Bible says God struck someone down, that God struck someone down. I am not about to disagree with God's word.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A couple of considerations:

I am not aware of Uzzah's status as a priest, but this much we DO know --

1. Even priests who went before God without ceremonial cleansing were struck dead.
2. No man, not even the priests, was allowed to touch the Ark. The priests carried the Ark on poles that they threaded through holes formed on to the Ark.

In any event, Uzza should have known better than to touch the Ark. If he was a priest, then he ought to have known that God's ordained method for carrying the Ark was not on a cart, but on poles carried by ceremonially clean priests.

Any way you slice the event, Uzza was in the wrong. I happen to believe that when the Bible says God struck someone down, that God struck someone down. I am not about to disagree with God's word.

I definitely agree with you.

Tha main reason I asked this is becuase when I forst became a Christian, I would ask the questions that made some Christians uncomfortable. It seem like many were going out of their way to defang God so to speak. It seemed if they couldnt sugar coat the truth, they avoided it. I just wondered if anyone here has been given the sugar coated version or not. I probably flusterd many a Christian when I first converted, bt I am glad the Lord has led me to some who would not hold back.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Over time I came to realize that Yahweh (God) is sovereign and righteous.

If He killed Uzza, He doesn't have to rationalize it to me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top