Posted: 10/2/2022 10:45:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen plenty of tacbeards, PC's with no plates, Glocks, AR's and aggressive stances and facial expressions to last me a lifetime.

Are these folks actually gonna go in, take the fight to the perp, do some good, push push push, get the fuck in there, if it comes to it ?

If not, it's just photo ops and larping, again.

Would be better off passing a law saying it's a felony to stop a parent entering a building in lockdown where they have a kid, and providing legal and financial support to anyone involved in engaging a perp.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen plenty of tacbeards, PC's with no plates, Glocks, AR's and aggressive stances and facial expressions to last me a lifetime.

Are these folks actually gonna go in, take the fight to the perp, do some good, push push push, get the fuck in there, if it comes to it ?

Would be better off passing a law saying it's a felony to stop a parent entering a building in lockdown where they have a kid, and providing legal and financial support to anyone involved in engaging a perp.
View Quote

If these teachers do nothing but draw a bead on the door into their classroom with the kids hiding behind them they have done more than all the cops in Uvalde to stop school shooters.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If these teachers do nothing but draw a bead on the door into their classroom with the kids hiding behind them they have done more than all the cops in Uvalde to stop school shooters.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or, it could be the sheriff getting the teaching staff into the right mindset. I spent a couple of decades in education. Plenty of the educators I worked with had a pretty bent attitude toward LEOs. I noticed those attitudes change somewhat when the local SWAT team came to our school and demonstrated school clearing drills. Besides, it's Utah, I can imagine that more than a couple members of the staff were quite familiar with weapons.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

perfectly said.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d say they’re more likely to interdict a school shooter than lots of LEOs that have failed said task, based on several school shootings in the past.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Roman general Hericletus
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, that’s so negative.
Are they all going to be Tier Operators? No, of course not.
But if one in ten doesn’t freeze and freak out should SHTF, they’re better off than waiting fo LE given recent experiences.

My wife, a teacher, has her CCL. It chaff's her that she has to leave her gun in her car in the parking lot.

Though, honestly, in her school neighborhood, I’d expect an onslaught of parents coming in like the Calvary…
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re right……. Why train free American citizens how to use the 2nd in their daily lives…

And I can assure you this isn’t just a photo op. This academy has been ongoing for some time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But if one in ten doesn’t freeze and freak out should SHTF, they’re better off than waiting fo LE given recent experiences.

My wife, a teacher, has her CCL. It chaff's her that she has to leave her gun in her car in the parking lot.

Though, honestly, in her school neighborhood, I’d expect an onslaught of parents coming in like the Calvary…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I know how your wife feels having to leave her weapon in her car.....pisses me off also.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You’re right……. Why train free American citizens how to use the 2nd in their daily lives…

And I can assure you this isn’t just a photo op. This academy has been ongoing for some time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sheriff is doing good work.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

We seriously need a Like button.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesomeness.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The sheriff is doing good work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Good deal. I hope they are able to put them through some scenarios in an actual school bldg.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good deal. I hope they are able to put them through some scenarios in an actual school bldg.
View Quote

Can confirm that they do - not positive about the teacher course, but i know for a fact their SWAT guys and surrounding agencies do drills in actual school buildings.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Can confirm that they do - not positive about the teacher course, but i know for a fact their SWAT guys and surrounding agencies do drills in actual school buildings.
View Quote

As did the Ulvade SWAT guys. Yet when it came to it, nobody knew shit about fuck, and nobody put a foot forward.

What do we actually know about how these guys drill ? Do they even know how doors are locked, unlocked, how to identify locked status, where to find the keys, how to get through them if no key is available ? Or do they just slow walk down an empty corridor aggressively staring at closed doors on video and call it good ?

Like I say, tons of molle, punisher tats and tacbeards, and Karen's fiddlefucking with a gun they only hold once a year.

Need to hold off on a Ukraine cash drop and use that money to get some ex-vets in, arm appropriately, put them into senior leadership position in the school hierarchy so they carry some weight in the decision making process, and have them own the whole security picture, from infrastructure, training, drills. No reason why they are not as well prepared and practiced as a team responsible for embassy security are.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my former school district offered on-ground scenarios to all staff. The problem was it wasn't mandatory.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Good on that Dept. The one in the next county is doing the same. Our SD, crickets.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup. I know how your wife feels having to leave her weapon in her car.....pisses me off also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some schools let you carry. Some even encourage you to carry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’re going to find out sooner or later that teachers are carrying out of fear anyway.

It’s human nature. We might as well allow it and provide quality training.

Hell that alone might stop or drastically reduce school mass murders. Knowing there’s a good chance you’ll get shot early on in a spree works everywhere else guns are allowed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#24]
When I was an LTC instructor in TX there was a special class
run for teachers to carry in the classroom.  Know how many
took the class with me?  

Zero.

There were at least two other instructors in town that I spoke to.
Know how many they trained?

Zero.

In 2+ years as an instructor to the best of my knowledge no teachers
took my course, even one of my co worker's wives that I agreed to run
a free class for along with however many of her teacher friends that
wanted to come.

I'm glad they're training.  I hope they will be allowed to carry in class
and will be willing to do what's necessary to survive and protect their
students.

I just am jaded as far as teachers go I guess.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m in the same boat with my wife.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a look at my state.....not so common here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

biometric pistol box in each classroom ?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

my former school district offered on-ground scenarios to all staff. The problem was it wasn't mandatory.
View Quote

Yep.

I thought it was money behind teachers not wanting to take the state class
to get certified to carry on campus, so I offered to teach a group free.

Crickets.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

howabout a real effective pistol on the instructor? Who says the teacher could get to the box in time?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yep.

Crickets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Crickets.

Hell, I'd have taken the NRA instructors course on my own dime if I felt the districts I worked for would have followed through with it.......
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When I was an LTC instructor in TX there was a special class
run for teachers to carry in the classroom.  Know how many
took the class with me?  

Zero.

There were at least two other instructors in town that I spoke to.
Know how many they trained?

Zero.

In 2+ years as an instructor to the best of my knowledge no teachers
took my course, even one of my co worker's wives that I agreed to run
a free class for along with however many of her teacher friends that
wanted to come.

I'm glad they're training.  I hope they will be allowed to carry in class
and will be willing to do what's necessary to survive and protect their
students.

I just am jaded as far as teachers go I guess.
View Quote

Teachers are representative of the population as a whole in that most teachers are too afraid/emotionally immature to choose to carry a concealed handgun. That's not a dig at teachers, that's just reality.

Of course, there are many teachers that are ready and willing to carry a concealed handgun and turn the tables against an active shooter, but sadly, they're in the minority.

In a just, moral world, a school shooter would get vented by five teachers at the same time. Alas, reality is often disappointing.

ETA: the vast majority of teachers who want to carry cannot do so because of either their state's laws or because their district won't allow it. Every single school district in my county voted to not allow teachers to carry, which is fucking infuriating, even though HB99 dropped the training requirements to 24 hours.

Nope, we're going to keep subjecting students to lockdown drills that only lead to trauma and fear, and keep demanding that the government infringes on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. Fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We’re going to find out sooner or later that teachers are carrying out of fear anyway.

It’s human nature. We might as well allow it and provide quality training.

Hell that alone might stop or drastically reduce school mass murders. Knowing there’s a good chance you’ll get shot early on in a spree works everywhere else guns are allowed.
View Quote

This guy gets it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#33]
This is awesome.

I worked in education for a couple decades and this type of training was never an option.  I had teachers in the building that were previously in the military and were currently in the Guard.  I also had a couple of SROs that sat on their ass and did absolutely nothing all day every day, especially when I needed them to do something sometimes.  Pathetic PHX PD sent them to us, in Maryvale, where we really needed some help.

I hope this type of training catches on all around the country.

Bravo

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I want the class

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm skeptical about teachers carrying, only because it's a pain in the ass and "it's safe here" not because the locals wouldn't happily shoot it out.

also it's tough for women to conceal carry. Their clothes make it inconvenient to carry. I bet most carry in a purse, but will they have somewhere to lock a purse up?
View Quote

Have faith.

You need someone inside.

I had a female teacher that served in Iraq, she was and is a bad ass….AND a former student of the school she taught at.

I choose her over any of the SROs I ever had.

EDIT:  perfect setting for Fanny pack

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, unless your plan is to get shot when you're mistaken for a bad guy
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Carry for schools should be on body.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct.

The parents of my students looked bad ass and were badass, because they were from the neighborhood.  You couldn’t tell them from the bad guys.  However, 99% of them were great people just trying to get the best for their kids.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm skeptical about teachers carrying, only because it's a pain in the ass and "it's safe here" not because the locals wouldn't happily shoot it out.

also it's tough for women to conceal carry. Their clothes make it inconvenient to carry. I bet most carry in a purse, but will they have somewhere to lock a purse up?
View Quote

Being a pain in the ass is an EXCELLENT filter.  If you aren't willing to put up with wardrobe limitations and some occasional discomfort, you probably aren't going to be willing to put in the work you need to fight with a gun anyway.

Let the ones dedicated enough to do so carry guns.  It's free, it's a faster response than any other option, and it's an excellent deterrent.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#42]
They need to go to Uvalde, TX and teach that police department how to choot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They need to go to Uvalde, TX and teach that police department how to choot.
View Quote

They know how to shoot.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cops could hand a large yellow ribbon or arm band to any parent running in towards the shooting to get their child...to reduce chance of friendly fire.  If the bad guy is shooting at parents, that's an improvement in the scenario.  Every bullet the shooter throws at a parent, is one less dead kid.  Parents should swarm the place.  If dozens of parents are running in towards the shooting, he's going down eventually - and there will be less dead children.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
After Uvalde I think parent shooting cops better be willing to play checkers with Derek Chauvin.

There was a video here over the weekend of a state trooper who punched a handcuffed suspect who refused to get in a patrol car after an extended shoving match. The trooper was charged with a felony, the local cops who were there all got charged with misdemeanors. It's a lot easier to end up as a defendant over use of force than it was years ago.

I know on Arfcom there are "well it's your own fault" posts about armed citizens being shot by police who assume them to be criminals, but I think just like Floyd's death changed public perception of policing so did    Uvalde.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After Uvalde I think parent shooting cops better be willing to play checkers with Derek Chauvin.

There was a video here over the weekend of a state trooper who punched a handcuffed suspect who refused to get in a patrol car after an extended shoving match. The trooper was charged with a felony, the local cops who were there all got charged with misdemeanors. It's a lot easier to end up as a defendant over use of force than it was years ago.

I know on Arfcom there are "well it's your own fault" posts about armed citizens being shot by police who assume them to be criminals, but I think just like Floyd's death changed public perception of policing so did    Uvalde.
Where are the negligence (or other) charges against the Uvalde cops?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#49]
There have been myriad examples of teachers performing true acts of heroism under duress.  They tackle armed attackers. They barricade classroom doors, holding them closed against all attempts at entry.  They shield their students with their own bodies... and many times pay the ultimate price for their heroism.  

If they're capable of those kinds of heroic acts when forcibly disarmed, imagine what they would be capable of if they were allowed to arm themselves in whatever manner suited them?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They know how to shoot.

View Quote

But, they didn't.  No ballsatall
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top