Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2001 6:36:06 AM EDT
I got toned out for a brush fire Friday afternoon. Stopped by the house from work and picked up my Bug out bag, and stocked it with some water and went to the fire. We ended up with 400 acres burned and the pack really came in handy. We had to warn people to evacuate so you never know when you will need to run.

Moral of the story.. be prepared!

I need to add goggles and some type of mask to help with the smoke. Packing a bag is a never-ending lesson on "things you will need"

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
As an ex-Hotshot(3 seasons and god knows how many acres) and a couple working Heli-tac I would say skip the goggles use safety glasses like unvex sp?. You will spend a lot of time fitting your goggles and the general don't keep the smoke out any better. As far as a mask just use a bandanna the help a ton. But if you want something more one year we test a charcoal impregnated bandanna that was made by "zespro" I have no clue were to find them I just still have mine from that year.

PS. If you really want goggles email me I think I have a couple brand new gov issues and I also have the band that clips around the brim of a hard hat.

Clinth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top