Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 5:34:16 AM EDT
I'd always called UPS the Unrepentent Package Smashers, but it seems like they need a new name.  A few weeks ago a woman's dog was run over by a UPS driver in Fauquier County Virginia, in her own driveway.  The driver was delivering a package and squashed the dog, left it for dead and didn't even leave a note.  The owner came home from work 6 hours later to find it dead where it was struck.  I saw the story last night on the local news.  I'll see if I can find a link.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#1]
How do they know it was the UPS driver? How do they know it was struck in her driveway? I assume that the dog spent a good amount of time in the driveway while it's owner was away. Do you suppose it never learned to get out of the way of the owners vehicle when she entered the driveway?
Is it possible that the owner hit her own dog and is trying to bleed UPS for some money?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How do they know it was the UPS driver? How do they know it was struck in her driveway? I assume that the dog spent a good amount of time in the driveway while it's owner was away. Do you suppose it never learned to get out of the way of the owners vehicle when she entered the driveway?
Is it possible that the owner hit her own dog and is trying to bleed UPS for some money?

You know where this guy works
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My 4-year-old son knows that the company with the brown trucks is identified by three letters, but, being 4, does not quite remember or understand what they are.

He calls them 'POS' trucks.

-Mark
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know where this guy works

You'd be wrong. Can I assume that since you believe everything that's printed in the newspapers that you work for one?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I like your suspicious mind.  You sound like a detective, or an insurance adjuster.    The story went on to say that the driver admitted to running it over and UPS is conducting an investigation.  Still haven't been able to find a link to the story.  It was on Fox 5, WTTG last night during the 10:00 news.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like your suspicious mind.  You sound like a detective, or an insurance adjuster.    The story went on to say that the driver admitted to running it over and UPS is conducting an investigation.  Still haven't been able to find a link to the story.  It was on Fox 5, WTTG last night during the 10:00 news.  MJD

That's good enough for me. It F'n sucks to leave the dog there. But knowing UPS, the driver would have been handed his ass for delaying his route over a dead dog. They work their drivers like slaves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top