Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 10:39:13 AM EDT
Both me and my wife heard it last night woke us both up and the dog also...

Sounded like too large trucks crashing together in a three way crash with a house.....but there was no visible damage and every dog in the neighborhood went batshit crazy....

wonder what it was....

no shaking or rattling last night

......but my wife had told me about that sound on Friday in the middle of the day except she said the house rattled a little I really did not think anything of it and that she might have been exaggerating a bit...
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Possums fighting on the porch.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Extraterrestrials.

Tonight, the probing begins.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Extraterrestrials.

Tonight, the probing begins.

Jethuth Chrith!

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Someone drove over a curb while pulling a trailer full of heavy equipment.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone possibly playing with explosives?

1) I know when they blow up beaver dams in the swamp miles from my dad's house it rattled the house and windows. No audible sound from the explosion but the vibration underground was enough to make it feel like a minor earth quake.

2)Sonic boom?

3) Unexplainable noise. When I was in elementary school we were on the playground and there was a super loud crashing sound in the air that you could tell was coming from a great distance.

News paper even reported it was heard all over the area but it was never resolved what the sound was. Sounded like when the garbage truck comes to work to dump out the big green dumpster, but on a massive scale.

IDK.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey I googled it and there is really a lot of tin foil...

one such gem said it was a nuclear war between warring factions of the hollow earth people.....others say earthquake...others say airquake....others say meteor strikes...

I say it was a car crash between to large trucks...but I did not see any wrecked trucks
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#8]
That was your manhood crashing down....enjoy menopause!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone stole your Herby Curby.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you live near train tracks? Trains make A LOT of noise.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Your just hearing things, it's your imagination....go back to sleep, nothing to see here, all is well.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Could have been a train. The slack getting pulled out of a mile or so of empty covered hoppers makes a really nice long boom.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

yes I do...we hear trains all the time....

it was no Train
No Sonic Boom from an Aircraft....
not gunfire.....

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#14]
AK-47?

Weather balloon?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Swamp Gas
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Poltergeist
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Large Marge.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Your suction cupped shaving mirror fell off the shower wall into the tub.

Used to happen to me until I caulked it on.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#19]
It was your cat.  Even if you don't have a cat.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, neighbor. I had Mexican food for dinner.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Your suction cupped shaving mirror fell off the shower wall into the tub.

Used to happen to me until I caulked it on.

My son has a 3 pound light up musical octopus suction cupped to the bath tub wall. It loves to fall off at 3 AM.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Trash haulers emptying dumpsters?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Your wife had an orgasm for herself while you were sleeping.  Now you know what they sound like.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Ammo can ghosts?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Someone probably just farted. Resume sleep.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Your wife had an orgasm for herself while you were sleeping.  Now you know what they sound like.

lulz
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

none in the area....
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Sasquatch.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#29]
You in the country, city or burbs?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#30]
It was the icemaker in your freezer dumping a load of ice into an empty ice bin......
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#31]

unload a few mags into the closets.

that should do the trick.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You in the country, city or burbs?

city...El Paso...but on the edge literally
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Earthquake?

Or ghost trucks
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

1) I know when they blow up beaver dams in the swamp miles from my dad's house it rattled the house and windows. No audible sound from the explosion but the vibration underground was enough to make it feel like a minor earth quake.

2)Sonic boom?

3) Unexplainable noise. When I was in elementary school we were on the playground and there was a super loud crashing sound in the air that you could tell was coming from a great distance.

News paper even reported it was heard all over the area but it was never resolved what the sound was. Sounded like when the garbage truck comes to work to dump out the big green dumpster, but on a massive scale.

IDK.

These kind of noises, often repeated, have been happening, and being heard, for about as long as history has been recorded by man, and certainly through the entire modern era.

Charles Fort's book "New Lands" is packed full of accounts of these aerial noises, which frequently, but not always, conicide with seismic disturbances. They happen at all times of the day and night, and there is no apparent cause or explanation.

Well, except for some 'explanations' made by 'the Authorities', which are usually laughable.

OP, any odd atmospheric effects, like glowing clouds, dust, unusual brightness at night, etc.?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Ball lightning ignited swamp gas circling Uranus
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Hmmm, first the thread about the guy who hears the buzzing sound, and now this.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

2)Sonic boom?

IDK.

These kind of noises, often repeated, have been happening, and being heard, for about as long as history has been recorded by man, and certainly through the entire modern era.

Charles Fort's book "New Lands" is packed full of accounts of these aerial noises, which frequently, but not always, conicide with seismic disturbances. They happen at all times of the day and night, and there is no apparent cause or explanation.

Well, except for some 'explanations' made by 'the Authorities', which are usually laughable.

OP, any odd atmospheric effects, like glowing clouds, dust, unusual brightness at night, etc.?

no lights or visuals to go with the sound
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope I do not hear it again tonight
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2)Sonic boom?

IDK.

no lights or visuals to go with the sound

I find that interesting, and I would very much like to see an update if you have another one of these events.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Somebody touched off a Glock      
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Blown transformer?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it was no Train

not gunfire.....

Trains hooking up to one-another late at night. I hear it all the time by my house. It sounds like two trucks crashing because they hook up with alot of force. Factor in all that weight and you have the answer. Just my advice.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

it was no Train
not gunfire.....

Trains hooking up to one-another late at night. I hear it all the time by my house. It sounds like two trucks crashing because they hook up with alot of force. Factor in all that weight and you have the answer. Just my advice.

hear that also all the time...there was a load sound of glass breaking going on with this

no new sounds last night
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#44]
cartel warfare
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It was probably this––the most annoying sound in the world and they only do it in the dead of night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top