Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2002 6:34:07 PM EDT
I am thinking of buying one, but I have been wondering about the upgradeability of the HD. I know that microsoft is pulling out, but I figure that TiVo will just buy the rights sooner or later

Can I just take out the initial HD and replace it with one that is formatted IBM?

Of the 850 people that are going through the forums one must know.
THX
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
After a heck of a lot more searching I have out that it is possible to put in a larger HD.

I found the answer at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=e72b8d794173a588ec19545f1cccf349&threadid=102666&highlight=ultimatetv+and+hard+drive . The solution is that you can remove the initial HD and put in a new UNformated HD and when the ultimatetv is turned on it will format the drive itself.  

Thanks anyways

edited to change address
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top