BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2014 12:11:32 PM EDT
Reuters
By Julia Edwards
4 hours ago
[redacted]
U.S. Attorney General Holder testifies about his FY2015 budget request at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Monday said it will begin collecting data on stops, searches and arrests made in five U.S. cities to weed out possible racial biases within the criminal justice system.

Later this year, a $4.75 million federal grant will be awarded to recipients who compete for the funds to work with their local law enforcement to analyze arrest data and find ways to reduce any biases they find, particularly toward young minority men.

Black men were six times more likely, and Latino men were 2.5 times more likely, to be imprisoned than white men in 2012, according to Justice Department data.

Attorney General Eric Holder said the data collection effort is in response to President Barack Obama's call for better relations between law enforcement and young men of color following the "not guilty" verdict in the shooting death of black Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
FEH & FBHO
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Reuters
By Julia Edwards
4 hours ago
[redacted]
U.S. Attorney General Holder testifies about his FY2015 budget request at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Monday said it will begin collecting data on stops, searches and arrests made in five U.S. cities to weed out possible racial biases within the criminal justice system.

Later this year, a $4.75 million federal grant will be awarded to recipients who compete for the funds to work with their local law enforcement to analyze arrest data and find ways to reduce any biases they find, particularly toward young minority men.

Black men were six times more likely, and Latino men were 2.5 times more likely, to be imprisoned than white men in 2012, according to Justice Department data.

Attorney General Eric Holder said the data collection effort is in response to President Barack Obama's call for better relations between law enforcement and young men of color following the "not guilty" verdict in the shooting death of black Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
View Quote
View Quote

I know where he got that "Planet of the Apes"
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So.......... Affirmative Action for the Justice System. Another great idea from the retards in Washington.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Sound like season just opened for "Black on White" crime. Of course, all "white on black" crime will be tried by the usual doctrine of double-jeopardy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not possible that black and latino men actually commit crimes at a higher rate that other races, is it?  

What percentage of young Native Americans, asians or whites belong to gangs?  What percentage of blacks & latinos belong to gangs?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck him and fuck them.

Don't be a thug, gangster, thief, drug dealer, mugger and/or trouble maker,  and you will not attract the attention of the Police, regardless your ethnicity.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll bet they wrote the conclusion already.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it's ready just before the elections.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Maybe it’s not law enforcement who is targeting race…

Maybe a large number of urban youths who just happen to be of
a particular race have chosen to take part in a culture of violence and
lawlessness…

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#9]
What do relations between law enforcement and young men of color have to do with the Zimmerman verdict?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe a large number of urban youths who just happen to be ofa particular race have chosen to take part in a culture of violence andlawlessness…

View Quote

Get out of here with that statistical fact.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What do relations between law enforcement and young men of color have to do with the Zimmerman verdict?
View Quote

I have no clue, my best guess is Zimmerman represents the white/Hispanic "man"?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
And just how in the blue fuck can they even begin to come to a reasonable assessment of police interaction with "people of color"?  You honestly think FBI crime statistics are going to ring true?  Wasn't it just within the last two weeks that the Superintendent of the Chicago Police Department was caught cooking the books on the murder rate in Chicago?  Yeah fair and unbiased reporting my ass.  This whole thing is going to end up in a fiasco and the only people that are going to suffer are the hard working tax paying fuckers that are the victims of crime, be they black, white, Hispanic, or Asian.  I hate these motherfucking idiots with a passion like I have never known.  I wore the badge for 16 fucking years and I am so glad I don't do it anymore.  Fucking hamstring the cops until they are like the fucking Brits, walking the beat with nothing more than night stick why don't ya.  Fucking saps...
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe a large number of urban youths who just happen to be ofa particular race have chosen to take part in a culture of violence andlawlessness…

View Quote

That's raciest
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
There's no way they could get away with that. How is that even legal?

If these guys want to improve race relations, they just need to drop the issue. This only makes things worst. WTF are they thinking?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There's no way they could get away with that. How is that even legal?
View Quote

Because they make the rules.  That's how....
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Obama's call for better relations between law enforcement and young men of color following the "not guilty" verdict in the shooting death of black Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
View Quote

Citizen, you are going to pay for the sins of George Zimmerman!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So.......... Affirmative Action for the Justice System. Another great idea from the retards in Washington.
View Quote

Equality of outcomes.

We've entered the Twilight Zone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Every push foward is just going to make the step back that much bigger. Ahhhhh
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If these guys want to improve race relations, they just need to drop the issue.
View Quote

Why the hell would you think that?  BO lives for this crap; it's how he rose to power.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#20]
In Colombia, the citizens form death squads and hunt down the riffraff like animals.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Tick
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#22]
"Fix the murder inequality"
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#23]
and they will get exactly the results they want..........
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#24]
"Five U.S. cities"

Care to guess which ones and how they voted in the last election?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Reuters
By Julia Edwards
4 hours ago
[redacted]

View Quote
View Quote

I believe it was our ass of a President that said, get over it ,you lost, move on.  Seems the DOJ didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#26]
To Mr. Holder and Shithead in Chief,

Fuck you.  Fuck everything you stand for.  Fuck your time in power.  Fuck your over reach.  May "Fuck you" follow you to an early grave.  I hope like hell we have a clean sweep in the house, senate and SCOTUS. I hope we prosecute and incarcerate you for your crimes against this nation.

In closing, Fuck you.  I hope you are besieged by intestinal parasites and burning, runny stool.

FUCK YOU,
Signed Mr. John Q. Paxpayer
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The only thing they know is how to play the race card.  6 years of this shit and things are worse on all levels.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I can save the tax payers a lot of money and explain it to Holder
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Then maybe they shouldn't commit so many crimes, and maybe people should point at parents that are MISERABLE FAILURES AS PARENTS.

Will never happen. The Tray Trays need to be able to pound the Zimmermans into the pavement.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#30]
It's a good thing they don't have any more pressing matters to attend to.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#31]
This is really stupid, I mean what do they think is going to happen? A notice to the police officers (who are mostly white) to arrest more white people???  And then even trying to equal out more white people in jail is ludicrous, you either commit a crime or you don't. Overcrowding is already bad, do they want to make it impossible for people to serve any time??? This is almost as bad as my thread on "Murder Inequality" in Shitcago...
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Wtf is this " study " supposed to do?

Sounds like a fishing expedition.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Years ago, while working as a reserve dispatcher, there was some bullshit where every time any officer in the state stopped somebody, they had to fill out a (IIRC) two page "racial profiling study" form. Race/ age/ gender of everybody and where they were in the vehicle. I think it was some Fed thing, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the study (again, IIRC) concluded that, say, Department A was engaging in racial profiling because 85-90% of it's vehicle stops involved blacks/ hispanics (ignoring the fact that the demographics of Dep't. A's jurisdiction were roughly, you guessed it, 85-90% black/ hispanic), and Dep't. B was not engaging in racial profiling because only 5-10% of it's stops were black/ hispanic (again, ignoring the fact that Dep't B only had a 5-10% population of same).

The study also didn't take into account major interstate corridors in jurisdictions, proximity to interstate borders, etc, etc, etc.

The whole thing would have been laughable if not for the fact that it was a huge waste of time and money.

This was around the '02-'04 time frame.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Simple, refuse the budget request. WTF is so hard about that?

It's not like the gobblins are going to vote republican anyway.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#35]
86% of murders are committed by 12% of the population. Anybody care to guess which 12%?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
86% 50 - 52% of murders are committed by 12% of the population. Anybody care to guess which 12%?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't see why the need money to do what they have been doing all along.  Racial based  data has been mandatory reporting for about 11 years now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#38]
<sigh>

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Huh.

I guess it's completely impossible that disproportionate arrest stats could actually indicate disproportionate criminal activity.

Crazy talk, that.

What were the legislators thinking when they created all those crazy laws, anyway?

Next thing you know, they'll be looking at kids getting in trouble at school.....

Oh, wait........
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I never knew that "Wish a mothafucka would" would lead to federal grant money and studies.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#42]
The obvious solution is to limit arrests and prosecutions to conform with population demographics.

There's two ways that could go.   Actually, there's only one way it could go.   I'm pretty sure nobody on any side of the debate wants to see that.  Not really.

"You're in luck, kid -- it's May 12th; go home."
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

86% of murders are committed by 12% of the population. Anybody care to guess which 12%?
View Quote

It's actually closer to 6% of the population. Black females aren't very prolific murderers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

86% 50 - 52% of murders are committed by 12% of the population. Anybody care to guess which 12%?

Black women commit murders? I thought it was 50% of the murders are committed by 7% of the pop.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top