Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 11:14:35 AM EDT
Picked up the latest issue of the Army Times the other day. In it are pictures of the appoximately 500 war dead suffered by the US military in 2003. There are a lot of young faces in the eight pages of photos, as well as many senior officer and enlisted personnel.

Among these professionals are the photos of 10 women who also died for their country.

Which got me to thinking of the Red Army of WWII, which employed combat units made up entirely of female cadre.

How close is the US to employing women in front line combat units?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The Soviets used women because they were desperate and couldn't prosecute a war correctly in the first place. Notice that after WWII they didn't have female units.

As for America, if women are ever allowed in combat, they damn well better be forced to register for the selective service just like all men are. Frankly I think they should be forced as it is now, since they can serve if they want but have no obligation to should the country need them.

I'd like to see them put their money where their mouths are before they are ever allowed to do the detriment (the the country and military) of serving in combat units with men.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top