Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 12:31:01 AM EDT
America's Army: Operations is a squad-based multiplayer first-person shooter that utilizes the Unreal Warfare engine. Created by the U.S. Army as a recruiting tool, the game offers an unprecedented attention to detail as the game portrays actual Army conditions and situations in a 3D gaming environment. Just think of it as a cross between Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint with an amazing amount of attention paid to recreating the Army experience -- down to weapons, physics and even the Army's core values.

[url]http://www.americasarmy.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I played it a couple of hours last night.  Never played Ghost recon of Operation flashpoint but it did remind me of CS.  Had interminent problems trying to get in game as sometimes it would say I wasnt qualified even though I am and other times it would say it but then still let me go in game. I am not crazy about joining through gamespy arcade either, didnt check to see if you can join another way.  Had a couple of lockups where I would get stuck while climbing ladders. Picture quality did not impress me especially coming from an unreal engine.  Have to see if it gets better but all in all it doesnt add nothing new from what I have seen.  Downloads are pathetically slow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top