Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 12:04:04 AM EDT
I want one. I've owned a P2000, a couple P30's, and a couple P7 variants. My current carry gun is a CZ P-01, but I'm ready to go back to HK for a nightstand gun. Let's see some pics to whet my appetite. Also, what's a good light system for the proprietary rail?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]

hkpro is a pretty good sight for all things hk. As for the weapon's light I believe only the utl fits without modification to the usp rail, but you can get the streamlight tlr3 or 4 with the usp adapter and it fits fine as well. Truthfully I noticed that you could just use the stock tlr3 and crank down on the tightening bolt, but didn't see a reason not to pick up the adapter for another few bucks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

hkpro is a pretty good sight for all things hk. As for the weapon's light I believe only the utl fits without modification to the usp rail, but you can get the streamlight tlr3 or 4 with the usp adapter and it fits fine as well. Truthfully I noticed that you could just use the stock tlr3 and crank down on the tightening bolt, but didn't see a reason not to pick up the adapter for another few bucks.
View Quote

That's good to know, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:55:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The USPc is one of my favorite pistols for about every need. The TLR-3 with HK clip is the right call light wise. I just keep a surefire G2X handy if I need light though, plus some trijicon night sights.
P30 and P7 I can't speak to. As for the P2000, IMHO, the USPc beats it many many times over. The safety is fantastic after about 5 minutes of adapting to it, the safety/decocker is at the right spot, the balance and feel is natural and comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:56:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Jack Bauer approved.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Here you go:
HK rail adapter for USPc - hkparts

Never used it, but customer reviews say five stars.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Yeah that too...
That sold me on it initially when I was younger...
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]

That's why I have one... then I discovered that it's actually a really nice gun

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:11:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Why a compact for a night stand gun? Why not a USP full size or even bigger the Expert or Elite?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:22:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why a compact for a night stand gun? Why not a USP full size or even bigger the Expert or Elite?
View Quote

I prefer the compact due to how it simply feels in the hand compared to a full size. Its about as "compact" as a glock 19, so it fits all my uses and haven't had a need for the extra polymer and steel.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tend to shoot compacts better than full size pistols, and I can always use a full size mag in a compact.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I prefer the compact due to how it simply feels in the hand compared to a full size. Its about as "compact" as a glock 19, so it fits all my uses and haven't had a need for the extra polymer and steel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havnt shot the 9mm but a friend brings his USPC 45 to the range and I agree it's a nice shooter.

I was just wondering why and I understand your answer.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:09:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice little piece, but it got replaced by a G26 for carry and the HK now does nightstand duty.

I want a VP9 in the worst kind of way, though
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:22:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Get the extended mag release, P30 mag adapters, and LEM
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay guys, I'm getting ready to purchase in the next week or two. Any lines on a good deal either new or used excellent condition? I'd prefer v3 DA/SA  with decocker only, but I can live with a decocker/ safety combo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice pistol...in death ray 9mm....mags are $$$$$  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The USPc is one of my favorite pistols for about every need. The TLR-3 with HK clip is the right call light wise. I just keep a surefire G2X handy if I need light though, plus some trijicon night sights.
P30 and P7 I can't speak to. As for the P2000, IMHO, the USPc beats it many many times over. The safety is fantastic after about 5 minutes of adapting to it, the safety/decocker is at the right spot, the balance and feel is natural and comfortable.
View Quote

This is what I was going to suggest.  Tlr-3 with the HK is good to go.    I even got a holster made for my HK .40 compact with the light.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah that too...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah that too...

I had a 2 tone Sig 228 because he had one in season 1 and 2 as well I think...nice to know I'm not the only one easily influenced.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I tend to shoot compacts better than full size pistols, and I can always use a full size mag in a compact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't use a full size USP mag in a USPc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I had a 2 tone Sig 228 because he had one in season 1 and 2 as well I think...nice to know I'm not the only one easily influenced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that too...

That's why I have a USPc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#20]
My USPc. I also have two P2000s in 9mm, a P30,  a P30L and a VP9.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can use P30 mags though
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://photos-h.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t51.2885-15/10004273_1492074081050823_389643428_n.jpg
View Quote

Which would you recommend for a sometimes carry mostly nightstand/ home defense gun? Uspc or P2000? I don't like a safety, so a P2000 might make more sense. I've owned one in the past, but it was before I ccw'd...
Eta- Also I can get a new P2000 for $650, vs $700-$1100 for a used USP compact.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I shoot my USPc's better than any pistol I own...minus my 1911.  I have a USPc in both .40 and .45 and also a full size USP in 45.  I've never shot the 9's and my .40 USPc is the best pistol I own and the only .40 I own.  Granted the USP was designed around the .40 round so that could be why.  I don't shoot Glocks...or even the P30 near as well.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Glock 19

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
The USP c 9 mm is my Elanor.

I have wanted one since they were introduced, but something always gets in the way. I'm almost at the point of trading my USP Tactical for one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I have wanted one since they were introduced, but something always gets in the way. I'm almost at the point of trading my USP Tactical for one.
View Quote
U mad bro?

I was in the same position and I happened to find one for a very good price, then I found a USP45 for a steal.

I couldn't shoot the 45 worth a crap, but the compact is the most consistent pistol I've got. Weird.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
U mad bro?

http://s13.postimg.org/p2oz95aev/20150118_192605.jpg

I was in the same position and I happened to find one for a very good price, then I found a USP45 for a steal.

I couldn't shoot the 45 worth a crap, but the compact is the most consistent pistol I've got. Weird.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

U mad bro?

Not mad. Just jealous. If you change your mind about a 45, krylon that slide and IM me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Not mad. Just jealous. If you change your mind about a 45, krylon that slide and IM me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

U mad bro?

I sold my 45 so I can't go back to it... I used the money to help pay for an FNX-45 Tactical though, which I shoot way better

I like two tone too much to paint the slide. I dunno who did the chrome job (it was like this when I got it) but I think it looks pretty darn good!

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#29]
There are much better weapons available. DA trigger pull is way much. Reliable but not flawless feeding/ejecting. Mags are expensive. I actually have an HK flag for the man cave but actual use got me over the fan boy phase. It's a fine weapon but if you've got a few other HKs I wouldn't say you're missing out if you don't own a USPc.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are much better weapons available. DA trigger pull is way much. Reliable but not flawless feeding/ejecting. Mags are expensive. I actually have an HK flag for the man cave but actual use got me over the fan boy phase. It's a fine weapon but if you've got a few other HKs I wouldn't say you're missing out if you don't own a USPc.
View Quote

I beg to differ. I have a P30, P7,and the Tactical. I need a compact to round it out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've owned a P2000, 2 P30's, a P7, and a P7M8. Thanks for the advice, but I know what I'm getting into with an HK.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#32]

I recommend the Hogue grip for the USP.Just don't get lubricant/cleaner under grip when cleaning to prevent the grip from getting loose.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, no USP9c. Just these.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

And some people say it's not an addiction.

OP, just want to tell you that you suck, and I hate you. Thanks to your thread, my desire for one of these has went back up to full tilt boogie need.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Which would you recommend for a sometimes carry mostly nightstand/ home defense gun? Uspc or P2000? I don't like a safety, so a P2000 might make more sense. I've owned one in the past, but it was before I ccw'd...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://photos-h.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t51.2885-15/10004273_1492074081050823_389643428_n.jpg

I have a .40 USP C and a 9mm P2000. To me, the P2000 carries a little bit better. But they're both great. The USP C trigger is better, but you get a universal rail and better ergonomics on the P2000. Honestly, I like them the same, and I'd get whichever was cheaper.

ETA: Pics:

Back when I carried the USP C cocked and locked. Now I carry it decocked, safety off to match the rest of my HK's. Also its got a lot more wear on it today, it gets abused

New P2000 from this past Black Friday

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Nice little piece, but it got replaced by a G26 for carry and the HK now does nightstand duty.

I want a VP9 in the worst kind of way, though
View Quote

The VP9 is gooooooood.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There are much better weapons available
. DA trigger pull is way much. Reliable but not flawless feeding/ejecting. Mags are expensive. I actually have an HK flag for the man cave but actual use got me over the fan boy phase. It's a fine weapon but if you've got a few other HKs I wouldn't say you're missing out if you don't own a USPc.
View Quote

LOL.

Try operating a Sig or glock left handed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Cool gun but a dated gun. Hopefully a VP9 compact will arrive this year. Much lighter, thinner, ergonomic, better trigger, longer site radius, ambi controls, etc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Cool gun but a dated gun. Hopefully a VP9 compact will arrive this year. Much lighter, thinner, ergonomic, better trigger, longer site radius, ambi controls, etc.
View Quote

I can't stand the looks of the VP9. It's like a P30 was raped by an XDM  ...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a VP-9 and love it. I don't mind the looks, but it feels great in the hand, and it is a very nice shooter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Let me know when you get one OP, I have a spare light adapter I'm not using.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#43]
USP9C is top right.    It's .45 cousin is just below it.
The others are wacky guns no one else likes.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I got rid of my USPc and roll with the P2000 - I like them both really well, but P2000 fits a little better in the hand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I say go for it. Somehow I got paranoid appendix carrying a Glock so I ordered a USPc on the last day of the rebate. LEM, V7. Long trigger pull and exposed hammer to ride while holstering reduces the risk of any ND.

I had it for one whole day before I shipped off the slide to get Heinie's installed on it. Can't wait to install the extended mag release and light FPBS and get out to the range with it. Then wait another 2 months for the holster to arrive...

What drew me away from the P2000 was the way the rental P2000 shot; the mag release kept on digging into my finger and I understand the triggers are slightly better in the USP series vs the P series. That, and I just liked the way the USPC looked a whole lot better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Let me know when you get one OP, I have a spare light adapter I'm not using.
View Quote

Wow, cool offer. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:15:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
USP9C is top right.    It's .45 cousin is just below it.
The others are wacky guns no one else likes.  

http://i.imgur.com/pvoWR4w.jpg?1
View Quote

Nice collection you have there. I'm almost tempted to skip the USPc and save for a P7M13.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top