Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 8:03:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#1]

The line between between a crash and a landing can get a little fuzzy.  

RIP, Marine.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yesterday was a rough day for rotary wing aviation. An army Blackhawk was lost out in Colorado as well. Fortunately, I don't think anyone was killed or critically injured in that crash. It looked as if the pilot was able to let her drop down through the trees and had enough energy stored in the blades to chop down some sizable trees and  soften the impact with the ground. I'm sorry to learn the -53 crash didn't have as favorable an outcome.

BTW, the reporter writing that article makes Camp Lejeune sound like a ship instead of a land base...."aboard Camp Lejeune".
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
RIP Marine
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BTW, the reporter writing that article makes Camp Lejeune sound like a ship instead of a land base...."aboard Camp Lejeune".
View Quote

As any veteran of the Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard can tell you, that phraseology is correct.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

No thats correct, im pretty sure. Maybe one of our ARF Jarheads () can chime in.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

And your post makes it sound like you know fuck-all about the Navy or Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yea, and a 58D went down last Monday in Korea. Both lived.

Bad things come in three.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yesterday was a rough day for rotary wing aviation. An army Blackhawk was lost out in Colorado as well. Fortunately, I don't think anyone was killed or critically injured in that crash. It looked as if the pilot was able to let her drop down through the trees and had enough energy stored in the blades to chop down some sizable trees and  soften the impact with the ground. I'm sorry to learn the -53 crash didn't have as favorable an outcome.

No one was hurt in the helicopter, the SSGt was outside the helicopter when it happen
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if that's three than good. Not to make light at all but that sounds like getting off a bit easy as far as bad goes in three helo crashes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

External Load hookup?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one was hurt in the helicopter, the SSGt was outside the helicopter when it happen

External Load hookup?

He was an 06, maybe guiding it in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top