Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:16:09 PM EDT
So in the USAF answering questions about alcohol use with

"I drink 3-4 beers every two weeks and I drink 6 or more beers less than once a month" gets you nailed with "Borderline".  

What if the truth was told?
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
USAF!
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they talking cases of beer?
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Really?  

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]
All of this is getting ridiculous.

If you drive past a liquor store more than once a week you might have a problem.

All crap like that does is create liars.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a stern speech from the AF doctor because I selected that option on WebHA.

Even told me I needed to go rehab. I got real pissed off at that point and just played along to get out of there before doing something stupid.

For the record I hardly drink at all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Good thing they do not survey the Army
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
In the 1970's, that was what you had  at the NCO club during lunch....
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember DAPA
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Dear God, when we got two 15 pax vans from motor pool and went on permissive TDY to Davis-Monthan AFB for the 1989 Michelob-Continental Rugby Classic we bought 20 cases of beer. And that was just for the trip down! (Wyoming to Arizona is a long thirsty drive)

We pulled up to a stop light in Tuscon and one of the Lt's, who was a missile officer, but a hell of a fly half, opened the sliding van door to talk to two hot chicks stopped at the light beside us and about 20 empty beer cans poured out onto the street.

We left quickly.

WTF is happening to the military?
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dear God, when we got two 15 pax vans from motor pool and went on permissive TDY to Davis-Monthan AFB for the 1989 Michelob-Continental Rugby Classic we bought 20 cases of beer. And that was just for the trip down! (Wyoming to Arizona is a long thirsty drive)

We pulled up to a stop light in Tuscon and one of the Lt's, who was a missile officer, but a hell of a fly half, opened the sliding van door to talk to two hot chicks stopped at the light beside us and about 20 empty beer cans poured out onto the street.

We left quickly.

From your little anecdote, maybe they are becoming more disciplined and responsible?
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From your little anecdote, maybe they are becoming more disciplined and responsible?

They may have missed the mark and overshot into "puritanical and retarded."
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or that.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We left quickly.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]
You definitely have a problem, any sane person would be drinking at least 6 beers per week.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]
3-4 beers every two weeks?

Back in my day, that was the first hour of crew rest

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
3-4 beers every two weeks?

Back in my day, that was the first hour of crew rest

No shit.  

I have to agree with another poster.  All the 0-0-1-3/ADAP program does is create liars.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#17]
At everyones favorite location in SW Asia, you are allowed 3 beers per day.   I have my 3 beers after every mission.  At the end of your time out there, they ask how many beers you consume a week.  Apparently 3 after every mission is too many because the doc kept asking if I was sure that is what I wanted to put on my answer sheet.  So I told them to put none.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#18]
"According to this I'm required to tell yoooouuuu toooo.... be careful."

*smile and nod*
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
All of this is getting ridiculous.

If you drive past a liquor store more than once a week you might have a problem.

All crap like that does is create liars.

If you drive past you might have a problem with running out of supplys!  Gotta stop every now and then.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Or when one of your NCO's took you to happy hour!

I remember the new years eve dining in, 1971,that I took my wife to be to one year.  She was a nurse working civil service and could not believe the conduct of some of our doctors and lawyers that evening.  My immediate superior , a Major, internal medical physician, was crawling around under the tables with a magnum of champagne  pinching the ladies thighs.  I hate to think of what would happen to him today in our enlightened military.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or that.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread made me thirsty... I'll drink one for those who can't :p

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"I drink 3-4 beers every two weeks and I drink 6 or more beers less than once a month" gets you nailed with "Borderline".  

It's the same in the Army....god save you if you consume more than 3 drinks a week and use tobacco products!  Your like the walking dead to those retarded docs they hire.  The last army doc I saw was some civilian liberal bitch who could not believe I drank, smoked, and rode motorcycles....  Darwin died and he was followed by common sense, some of the clueless fucking people that get hired to serve Soldiers.... Fuck all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Every time I do my PHA and give the usual "no more than 3-4 drinks in a sitting, no more than twice a month" answer, the tech laughs a little and says, what a coincidence, everyone says that.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
When they asked me how much I drink I said 2-3 drinks a year. They asked me if I needed to seek counselling for my drinking problem.

I guess any amount of alcohol = you need counseling.

ETA: Army not Air Force. Same check-the-box care that isn't really giving a shit at all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Its the binging, not the weekly amount.

So maybe you do have a problem...

Dont blame the docs, they didnt come up with the definition.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#27]
*snort*
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#28]
OPSEC
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I just tell them I don't drink.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The answer to the question of quantity, I'll remind you, was "3-4 beers every two weeks and [...] 6 or more beers less than once a month."

Four beers is not a "binge."

Neither is six, especially not if you drink the cheap, fizzy yellow 3% ABV chump-change beer that many do.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I hate to admit it, but that's no lie.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just tell them I don't drink.

Bingo
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#34]
As an Air Force veteran, I'm proud the great blue machine is finally stepping up to clean out the ranks. How can you maintain your sense of honor and precision the Air Force demands from each of its brave men and women if they're slovenly drunks!

GO AIR FORCE!!!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#35]
They would die if they heard my dads stories about his downtime while in SAC in the late 50 early 60s.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The answer to the question of quantity, I'll remind you, was "3-4 beers every two weeks and [...] 6 or more beers less than once a month."

Neither is six, especially not if you drink the cheap, fizzy yellow 3% ABV chump-change beer that many do.

Four drinks is, by definition, a binge.

Look it up.  Its not the military, its the medical societies.
http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/binge-drinking.htm
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

As an Air Force veteran, I'm proud the great blue machine is finally stepping up to clean out the ranks. How can you maintain your sense of honor and precision the Air Force demands from each of its brave men and women if they're slovenly drunks!

GO AIR FORCE!!!!

Why'd you link the Army Air Corps Song?

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Its all in the amount you consider a beer. For me, I have a 60 oz mug, that is one beer for me.

BTW when I was a LT I told a headshrinker how much I actually drank- I filled out paperwork and saw the docs for 3 days strait.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look it up.  Its not the military, its the medical societies.

I'm reminded that an alcoholic is anybody who drinks more than his doctor, and a teetotaler is anyone who drinks less.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good God! Really?

I don't have any friends and I don't go to parties, and even I know that the kind of fuddy-duddies that came up with that definition are some real fucking wet blankets.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

GO AIR FORCE!!!!

Why'd you link the Army Air Corps Song?  

Like a battered woman leaving her abusive spouse!

Also, we split off to raise our branch average test scores.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#42]
The AMA went full retard when they classified alcoholics.  Its some ridiculously low amount that most people break in a single hour on a good night.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We left quickly.

You just need to answer 1-2 a month and you'll be good, no need to specify if it's a beer, case, or keg...ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#44]
The Class VI at Knox knew when A/1-124th United States Cavalry came calling.  We were there for two weeks for AT.

*As we roll up three shopping carts loaded with beer*

"Oh, y'all are them boys from Texas, huh?"

"Ummmm......No m'am.  You must be thinking about someone else."

I'm not saying that drinking is good for you, or a good idea, but we have men that are, for the most part, men in the armed services.  They are paid to kick in doors, kill people and break things for a living.  Let them have a beer in peace for fucks sake.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The AMA went full retard when they classified alcoholics.  Its some ridiculously low amount that most people break in a single hour on a good night.

Agreed.   But still bound by regs and definitions.  That being said, most guys I 'counsel' versus referring.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

No shit.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

I imagine the answers would be the same. I'm not in the service at all, and I lie to my doctor. I don't need the lecture.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We left quickly.

We used to love going down to play D-M and the tourneys in Tucson.  I played for ERAU from  '83 - '86.

OMG ... the stories and debauchery !
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

I imagine the answers would be the same. I'm not in the service at all, and I lie to my doctor. I don't need the lecture.  

I get the same goddamn lecture EVERY TIME I GO.

blah-blah-"this is a gynecologist's office sir"-blah-blah.

Just shaddup and whack my knee with the little hammer, bitch!
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They do, and it's more than 3-4 drinks a week, you have to attend ASAP ( Army Substance Abuse Program). Which is why you only put 1 drink a week
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top