Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 11:14:02 PM EDT
still at arifjail but I get to leave every 3 days to do my job cause I need to go to the field units to do it.  Been to all the airfields in Iraq and the biggest headache I have seen is higher echelon commands not listening to their dets in the field.  

Went to the range for the first time since Dec and I felt good shooting again.  Got to shoot the A2's to qual since I am AF and a O the army was not going to let me shoot the M16 but convinced them otherwise and shot expert for the army course .  Guess since I use M855 or clones in my rifles at home it was good to go.  

Too many SGMs around that I can count too many chiefs around but on staff and I just love getting away for a bit.  

Having some conferences here for a bit the next few months so I have to work on that

What I do when I am at my deployed unit is basically stay in front of a computer checking stuff out getting on the phone making sure things get moved to right locations RFtags being burned the ITV issue that will one day be solved but probally not in my 6 months here but I am going to try and make that happen.  

Well if there are any questions or anything for me just ask.

ffhounddog
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Ha....you think the SGM's in Kuwait are bad.

There are more SGM's in Iraq than cubic feet of water in the Atlantic Ocean.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, my team hasn't even sighten in our weapons.. not only that, we have A2 uppers, with A1 lowers that have been converted to burst... my buddies is unserviceable, the lower reciever has a mean crack in it, right about the buffer-spring tube... uhhh, the piece of lower reciever between the butt-stock and the charge handle... sorry, im AF and I am californian..... not very knowledgeable with all of the terms. I am an M1 guy!

we got visited by the three start though... interesting, wont go into details... itd be from the E-4's perspective.. and not very nice. LOL... not that its a problem with HIM, just everything else.

Hey Hounddog... I look forward to meeting you! If you come in during the day, on a herc.... you'll see me... just look for the shaved head with a jacked up tan line.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be back to arifjan in like 2-3 days (thursday). On R&R right now and dreading coming back to that political shitstorm of a base. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I can give u a tour of my arms room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top