User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“Mrs. Chairwoman, the grenades have the floor.”
View Quote

I'm stealing that. Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Well, that does resemble the mini pineapple on shown above.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now only if American politics were that entertaining.  I'd love to see some idiot congress critters tossing grenades at each other.  Would make watching C-Span worth my time.

View Quote

They've got all that space, they should make it like "Assault" on the old american gladiators show! Mount that tennis ball cannon up where the speaker sits and let er rip
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes.

'At least that what I read elsewhere.
No deaths.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Were they concussion grenades? Like flash bangs or something?

Yes.

'At least that what I read elsewhere.
No deaths.

Link in OP now says 1 dead, 26 injured.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think the guy tossing the grenades is dead. Looks like the 3 one that went off, he was holding.

Apparently it was a soldier who recently returned, and had head injuries and asked for help. At the time, the council was debating on the mayors salary and 2024 budget.

Edit: the soldier part is not confirmed, but the topic of conversation is correct.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Was that guy 7' tall or are the doors only about 5' high?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
fuses popped, both audibly and visibly, and nobody seemed to care
View Quote

You don't get to be the poorest country in Europe by having the smartest population.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think the guy tossing the grenades is dead. Looks like the 3 one that went off, he was holding.

Apparently it was a soldier who recently returned, and had head injuries and asked for help. At the time, the council was debating on the mayors salary and 2024 budget.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Why is the camera focused dead center on the door ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well.....if the "grenade" doesn't do grenadie stuff, isn't it effectively a flashbang?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So far we have 9 votes for flashbangs over the fact Russian grenades are just really shitty.

Well.....if the "grenade" doesn't do grenadie stuff, isn't it effectively a flashbang?

I'd argue it did do "grenadie stuff", as quite a few people are wounded. Remember, they don't only cause death, IMO death would be a bonus.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The council meeting was being live streamed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Were they concussion grenades? Like flash bangs or something? Isn't there a difference between grenade types? I.e. ones with more bang and less fragmentation versus lots of fragmentation?

View Quote

certainly are different types

frag
flash bang
white phosfor
thermite
smoke
concussion (a HD flash bang)
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
“Mrs. Chairwoman, the grenades have the floor.”
View Quote

According to Robert's Rules Of Order, the grenade thrower "made a motion", but doesn't someone have to second it and the motion pass, before the grenades can go off?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

To watch for guys with grenades ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i like how the woman looks at the grenade and just sits there
View Quote

She covered her ears?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

OODA loop is a thing, espcially for people who may have never seen a grenade in person...
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#17]
He ran out of fucks
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's how most Zoom meetings should end.
View Quote

He would be the only one blown up
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why did everyone just fucking sit there?
View Quote

They literally had no idea what was going on or about to happen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Living in a country "at war", don't recognize a threat, don't recognize grenades, don't react at all.

People obviously living comfortable lives and never have had a thought in their mind about how to react.

THIS is why everyone should "wargame" scenarios and put a plan of action thought in the back of your mind for a rainy day.
A whole lot of WTF going on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Batryn had opposed a proposal to allocate a 50% raise and a monthly bonus for Mushka during the war, and had voted against deeming the village chief’s job performance satisfactory.

At the height of the budget debate, Batryn walked out of the council headquarters and then returned less then 3 minutes later to detonate the grenades.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/15/news/video-shows-ukrainian-deputy-tossing-grenades-to-blow-up-meeting/
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Living in a country "at war", don't recognize a threat, don't recognize grenades, don't react at all.

People obviously living comfortable lives and never have had a thought in their mind about how to react.

THIS is why everyone should "wargame" scenarios and put a plan of action thought in the back of your mind for a rainy day.
A whole lot of WTF going on.
View Quote
This was about 400 miles from the nearest line of contact, and the guy was familiar too these people. Just before he was debating and left the room.

Good reminder however to always be vigilant.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The only thing Ukraine can offer as a viable export now is their women. We got involved in a Civil War, should have minded our own damn business and given all the support and military equipment to Poland.
View Quote

This.

And how are they killing so many Russians with drone grenades when 3 in a small room only resulted in injuries?

ETA: Flashbang?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Edit: the soldier part is not confirmed, but the topic of conversation is correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now the NY Post (linked above) is reporting that he might still be alive:

Batryn was initially said to have been killed, but police later clarified that doctors were trying to save his life.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Flashbangs?

Or the tiny golfball sized concussion. Those were some weak ass "grenades".
View Quote

Tons of old commie stuff in that part of the world
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Batryn had opposed a proposal to allocate a 50% raise and a monthly bonus for Mushka during the war, and had voted against deeming the village chief’s job performance satisfactory.

At the height of the budget debate, Batryn walked out of the council headquarters and then returned less then 3 minutes later to detonate the grenades.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/15/news/video-shows-ukrainian-deputy-tossing-grenades-to-blow-up-meeting/
View Quote

I'd like to live in a world where every politician at every level feared such repercussions.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Jeepers.... symptoms of a world gone mad.  To where a person in a responsible position suicides with a room full of innocents.

War is insane and then it gets damn weird.   Lord help us all.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

During Covid they streamed our local meetings

The camera was pointed at the ceiling in one and at the back of a display board in another. Political media people are not the best or brightest
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Is anyone suing the grenade maker?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd like to live in a world where every politician at every level feared such repercussions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Batryn had opposed a proposal to allocate a 50% raise and a monthly bonus for Mushka during the war, and had voted against deeming the village chief's job performance satisfactory.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/If-you-don-t-c-m-you-have-to-drink-it-/5-2693338/
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Shock, delayed recognition of the threat.......

Twilight Zone event
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Not often a gernade gets dropped in a non-combatant crowd
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Killdozer 2.0?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Two things about that surprise me.  First, no one died in that small of a space with 3 grenades detonating.  Second, they all just stared at them and didn't try to take any type of cover.  Do that shit in a mall in middle America I could see people being shocked and not know what is going on.  But the country is a literal war zone, you'd think they'd realize wtf was up
View Quote
Those folks in that room probably have never served, probably bitching about the war.

Dude was like . Welcome to the grain fields mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife just threw a snapper on the floor next to me while I was reading this thread.  I jumped and yelled "Jesus!!!".  Now she's laughing at me.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Sic semper HOAs!
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The only thing Ukraine can offer as a viable export now is their women. We got involved in a Civil War, should have minded our own damn business and given all the support and military equipment to Poland.
View Quote

A Putin puppet sowing propaganda. It was never a Civil War. It was an act of aggression by a foreign power (Russia). May every Russian push up sunflowers in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So who is this guy?  It's this one of Z Man's picks after "cleaning up" the government?

Disclose has this quote:  "The man, named as council representative Serhiy Batrin, 54, is seen entering the meeting late and standing by the door during a heated discussion at the session in Keretsk, in the Zakarpattia region"
View Quote
He had an ongoing dispute with the local council because they wouldn't give him a raise.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Grenades made by Lada?
View Quote
Flashbangs

Frags would have killed half or more in that room.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They thought they were safe.
View Quote
Yep now the JAFOs get a taste of war.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Flashbangs

Frags would have killed half or more in that room.
View Quote

Interesting. Are flashbangs considered less than lethal, or just less lethal ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope he lived so they can stick one up his ass. That would be justice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Where do grenades fall under Robert's Rules?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow, three grenades in a small room and nobody died?  I mean, tossing a grenade is one of the most anticlimactic things I've done after growing up watching '80s action movies (with huge fireball and vehicles being launched into the sky), but still, you'd have expected some deaths in that confined space.  He'd have saved more lives if he'd taken out zelenski instead.
View Quote

I bet those grenades are not as potent as American fragmentation grenades. I don't know what they were but I just don't see three American fragmentation grenades going off in that room and nobody dying.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Batryn had opposed a proposal to allocate a 50% raise and a monthly bonus for Mushka during the war, and had voted against deeming the village chief's job performance satisfactory.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/If-you-don-t-c-m-you-have-to-drink-it-/5-2693338/

lol check out my last post in that thread.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Soooo........definately concussion grenades.  Otherwise....the whole room would be covered in blood and almost everyone would be dead.

Gauranteed:  they all have major hearing loss in that small room n three powerful pressure releases.   Jeepers...ruff stuff
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh you.jpg
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Interesting. Are flashbangs considered less than lethal, or just less lethal ?
View Quote
Less then lethal

Going back through the video those might have been real grenades that just suck.

Flashbangs in block rooms will fuck you up without ear and eye pro, BTDT.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's my take away too.  I assumed the whole room would be dead
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody dead? Grenades suck

That's my take away too.  I assumed the whole room would be dead

Yes with all the grenade dropping drones videos weve seen I thought they would be more lethal in an enclosed space
Page / 6
Top Top