Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 7:50:40 PM EDT
1. Does NY have an AWB?

2. If I ship a post ban rifle to an FFL in NY, with the intention that the FFL will transfer it to a cop for duty use, am I running any risks of breaking the law?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Come on...someone's got to know.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
1. yes
2. don't know, call the FFL and ask him.  he would know for sure
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
NY AWB... Yes

Post ban rifle, you are clear for takeoff

By postban I mean conforming to the 94 awb specs
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1. Does NY have an AWB? yep, it's identical to the now-defunct federal ban, except it doesn't have a sunset date.

2. If I ship a post ban rifle to an FFL in NY, with the intention that the FFL will transfer it to a cop for duty use, am I running any risks of breaking the law? sorry, no clue.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are sending it to a cop for duty use i think you can send it to the cops PD and they can do the transfer. I know you can for a trooper but i dunno about LEE
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would a cop buy a post ban, when he can get a no-ban with a letterhead?

Or is he leading by example
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top